Sign in to follow this  
freeform

Changes To Posting

Hey Sean - I've noticed that the link, quote, bold, underline, italics etc buttons work differently now. When you press it you get a dialogue box to type in the text/address to be modified - although this might make it more likely that people wont forget to close the tags, I find it rather counter intuitive.

Before, you could highlight the text, click the relevant button (bold for example) and the tags would go either side of it... to do the same thing I now have to go through many more steps... is it possible to have the dialogue box pop up when text is not highlighted, and have the old system when some text is highlighted?

not a big deal by any means - but I used to enjoy reading back through my post, highliting and formating the text easily and quickly...

I appreciate all your hard work for this community - so please dont take this as a critisism in any way (and dont bother changing it if it's too much hassle!)

Freeform, I'm not able to reproduce this problem in Firefox (my usual browser) or IE. What browser are you using? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I use Firefox... let me try it again... yup same thing - when I highlight text, then click Italic button a dialogue box pops up asking me to enter the text to be italicised...

It's a mystery indeed :ph34r:

I use Firefox... let me try it again... yup same thing - when I highlight text, then click Italic button a dialogue box pops up asking me to enter the text to be italicised...

It's a mystery indeed :ph34r:

Yep. I experienced the same problem... using Firefox as well...

Harry

Hmmmm, I'm using FireFox ver 1.5.0.7 and the highlight-alter-font thingy works fine (no dialogue box).

Hmmmm, I'm using FireFox ver 1.5.0.7 and the highlight-alter-font thingy works fine (no dialogue box).

lets try again... this is a test

yep. It works. Great :D

Harry

lets try again... this is a test

yep. It works. Great :D

Harry

How did you manage that?!

I've got 1.5.0.7 too...

this is a test... nope still the get the dialogue box :(

well - this is one of those strange quirks computer have sometimes... (maybe this is how they'll end up becoming concious! :o )

well - this is one of those strange quirks computer have sometimes... (maybe this is how they'll end up becoming concious! :o )

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... don't know... but I myself have 1.0.7...

I'd say: be kind to your computer and ask him to behave friendly :)

Harry

I've got 1.5.0.7 too...

this is a test... nope still the get the dialogue box :(

Hey freeform, maybe you have some spyware or adware or something. Sometimes that messes with browsers. Try installing and running these programs and see if that helps:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

http://www.safer-networking.org/

Personally I run both of these once a month and am always catching little bugs and goop in my machine. <_<

Sean

Sign in to follow this