Green Tiger

Translation request

Hey,

I've had this scrollhanging in my cubical at work for quite some time. The website advertises it as a "working hard" scroll, but there are many characters on it and I was wondering what they all mean. Also, the two characters that are supposed to mean "working hard" probably don't literally say that and I'm curious what the literal meaning might be.

Thanks in advance to whomever assists with my request. :)

Hey,

I've had this scrollhanging in my cubical at work for quite some time. The website advertises it as a "working hard" scroll, but there are many characters on it and I was wondering what they all mean. Also, the two characters that are supposed to mean "working hard" probably don't literally say that and I'm curious what the literal meaning might be.

Thanks in advance to whomever assists with my request. :)

Green Tiger...

These phrases are a famous Buddha proverb. It did not say anything about hard working.

:Zen

1. 菩提本無樹,

2. 明鏡亦非台,

3. 本來無一物,

4. 何處惹塵埃。

Translation:

1. Bodhi originally has no tree,

2. A bright mirror is not even a table,

3. There was nothing to begin with,

4. Where can the dust be attracted from?

Edited by ChiDragon

To continue the thread... I have a Taoist translation request. It is not related to bubble's question.

Translation/transliteration of a Taoist mantra? The crowd recites it in the video.

It is partially obscured what is written in the back. Thanks so much!

Edited by starhawk

starhawk...

Here are the translations per your request.

太上天師道法彌深:

The highest Taoist Priest has attained his ultimate state of Tao power.

三清應化天尊:

The three "Ching" Taoist Immortals have been dignified as the Heavenly Patriarchs.

Edited by ChiDragon

starhawk...

Here are the translations per your request.

太上天師道法彌深:

The highest Taoist Priest has attained his ultimate state of Tao power.

三清應化天尊:

The three "Ching" Taoist Immortals have been dignified as the Heavenly Patriarchs.

Thanks Chidragon!

That was awesome. I think you help us a lot. Hope you get blessings from Tao and Tao bums. ;)