Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

The Truth

If I had to choose one chapter from the Chuang Tzu for someone to start with, I would say "The Old Fisherman."

http://terebess.hu/english/chuangtzu3.html#31

In this chapter, Confucius is taught the importance of "the Truth," sincerity, or what many now refer to as "keepin' it real."

However, there appears a deeper and wider acknowledgment of "The Truth" in this chapter. Simplicity, The Tao, Openness

What is - "The Truth"?

Can we make this like an appetizer anyways? I think it's deserving... I'm sure the other posts will be attended to as well. I mean come on, we can't talk about The Chuang Tzu without some randomness..

I think the Tao is present enough @ TTB to handle it ;):P

Can we make this like an appetizer anyways? I think it's deserving... I'm sure the other posts will be attended to as well. I mean come on, we can't talk about The Chuang Tzu without some randomness..

I think the Tao is present enough @ TTB to handle it ;):P

Okay. I'll mellow out.

laugh.gif

I wont mind the dim sums.

But I do agree with Marble, nonetheless that we should try to finish DDJ first. It do provide a good base to look at Zhuangzi.

@Emptiness

Why don't you act as the TTB's vanguard on Zhuangzi? Maybe finding more resources or reference online and going through and meditate the contents in the Inner Chapters by yourself first. We will finish the DDJ in no time and then we are can share what we found. What do you think?

happy.gif

Edited by XieJia

Okay, sorry for jumpin' the gun everyone.. I thought the party already started.. whoops!

I will start looking up some stuff to add for "The Inner Chapters." If I find other things I'll just put them in the Taoist Discussion for now and maybe they will be addressed as we go through the chapters.

By the way, my topic post on Taoism & Anarchy wasn't meant as a jibe about this.. it's just a topic I've been meaning to post for a while now and then found something that prompted doing so. I think it's a very important basis for discussing Chuang Tzu's philosophies as well.. So, my apologies if it came across as antagonistic..

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

By the way, my topic post on Taoism & Anarchy wasn't meant as a jibe about this.. it's just a topic I've been meaning to post for a while now and then found something that prompted doing so. I think it's a very important basis for discussing Chuang Tzu's philosophies as well.. So, my apologies if it came across as antagonistic..

I read the thread and decided to not post to it. There was another thread on this a while back and I did get involved in that one.

Anarchy: Lao Tzu - Absolutely not. Chuang Tzu - Yeah, maybe. He never did have much good to say about government.

And no, no apologies needed. That never entered my mind.

I read the thread and decided to not post to it. There was another thread on this a while back and I did get involved in that one.

Anarchy: Lao Tzu - Absolutely not. Chuang Tzu - Yeah, maybe. He never did have much good to say about government.

And no, no apologies needed. That never entered my mind.

Hmm, I see I searched it by date instead of relevance.. I was going to just revive an old one but didn't see it. oh well, there it is...

Sign in to follow this