InfinityTruth

Do you ever hear conversations of the past in your mind? How to get rid of it?

One of the mental aspects that I've noticed recently, is that I keep having these old conversations playing loops in my head. They're always really negative, and I'm not sure how to address this issue.

Any help?

When I meditate I have conversations of all kinds I've had, through the day, weeks before, months, even years.

I think if you meditate and they recur in the background of your session, you can sit through them. They go away more each time you just simply relax, and let them take their course.

Hope that helped.

• Like 1

Well what you lack is focus. The greatest benefit of a disciplined mind is that these old conversations and memories do not rise up and bug you. A trained mind has the ability to silence the thoughts because a disciplined mind rests in emptiness.

This article has been invaluable in my training to tame my mind. please take it quite seriously because it's the real deal.

http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_000004.htm

if you notice in part two of the article, the very last exercise is the complete silencing of the mind. when you attain this part a great burden will be lifted from your shoulders. you will be able to turn of the mind at will - an insanely valuable tool for well-being.

Edited by Kali Yuga
  • Like 3

This is a very real effect to do with your interactions with the world/people and levels of assimilation. There will be emotional content to these conversations which is to do with energy stored in your being as a result of interactions. Don't identify but observe and allow the energy to be recaptured for your own benefit.

The internal dialogue in our heads is the one main thing that prevents us from seeing clearly. The conversations loop over and over because of what Apech said. The conversations are recurring because something is rubbing up against ego. Your identification of the conversations is a huge jump, because most people, before they realize they really are in control of their own mindset. are merely puppets to their internal dialogue.

Folks spend years meditating to get rid of this tendency. It's like training the brain muscle, getting it to focus on one-thing, and ultimately no-thing.

What Apech alluded to is that if there is enough emotional content to you in these looped conversations, there is something there for you to look at. This is a perfect time, now that you're separating from your inner dialogue, to look at each conversation on its own. Why you said what you said. Why they said what they said. What you wish you woulda said! At the bottom of all this is the end goal of honestly looking at the part you played in this disagreement (which are the only things that seem to loop like this, and this must be why!). It's just an indication that there's a layer of the onion that's ready to shed off. You may be ready to drop a habitual characteristic within yourself that keeps getting in the way.

Stay in the present and strangely..be aware of your tongue and keep it up; on the roof of your mouth. When I'm writing or figuring out emotional stuff I'll talk to myself. Not necessarily bad when I'm alone, but not good when others are around.

For some reason the tongue is linked to random thoughts. Control the tongue, control (to some extent) thoughts. This is also the conclusion of Anna Wise who studied meditators.

Stay in the present and strangely..be aware of your tongue and keep it up; on the roof of your mouth. When I'm writing or figuring out emotional stuff I'll talk to myself. Not necessarily bad when I'm alone, but not good when others are around.

For some reason the tongue is linked to random thoughts. Control the tongue, control (to some extent) thoughts. This is also the conclusion of Anna Wise who studied meditators.

LOL. Interesting and oddly simple, Lerner!

Well what you lack is focus. The greatest benefit of a disciplined mind is that these old conversations and memories do not rise up and bug you. A trained mind has the ability to silence the thoughts because a disciplined mind rests in emptiness.

This article has been invaluable in my training to tame my mind. please take it quite seriously because it's the real deal.

http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_000004.htm

if you notice in part two of the article, the very last exercise is the complete silencing of the mind. when you attain this part a great burden will be lifted from your shoulders. you will be able to turn of the mind at will - an insanely valuable tool for well-being.

Hm, I don't know if I'd say every case of thoughts coming up is lack of focus. I don't have the thoughts come up till I get very deep, they feel somewhat loud, then I don't hear them. Only to find out when im done they've been going on in the back ground. I Think "these" thoughts may have been stressful and have to be dealt with.

Of course there are times you just drop them and do your session. But to brush aside what your subconscious wants dealt with, I don't think it's the best idea.

I wish I had read this earlier. I tried to do concentration meditation out in the woods, and I kept getting these irritating conversations seeping in. It reached a point where it was too distracting to continue meditating.