manitou

To the spirit of Steve Jobs

Goodbye, Steve.

You had the spirit of a quantum thinker. May your awareness continue to shine its light and manifest new ideas.

Thank you, friend.

Steve Jobs.... visionary.

In 2005, at a commencement ceremony in Stanford, he had this to say: "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

Words from an inspired and inspiring Buddhist.

He is still around.... Parts of Steve J will always be in people's lives.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

That is very poignant, Cowtao. the Toltec tradition would say he used death as an advisor. He woke up each morning and looked at himself in the mirror (after his cancer diagnosis), and said 'This could be my last day on earth. What will you do today?' You're right. Once death has been faced and made friends with, what else is there to fear? Nothing. Because all fears extend out ultimately to fear of death.

• Like 4

HAH! Good one, I liked that. tongue.gif

Steve Jobs... well, i cant say much, i've never used his hardware nearly as much as i do PC.... so...

His macs and apple computers filled my gradeschool and my short-lived experience in middle school, i can thank him for that! biggrin.gif

{Edit:}With the departure of a technological leader opens a gap to be filled, by whom is yet to be seen. With hope and faith, it will not be filled by a negative force, but another positive visionary.{/Edit:}

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

To say he was a visionary..is to say to little.

For a single person to touch the world and leave

such an indelible mark, this is the stuff of myth.

He will be remembered, for everyday we use the gifts

of his genius in our everyday world.

Steve Jobs...where ever you may be, you are now truly

one with everything. Thank you for being so steadfast

in your purpose driven life.

May the energy that is your being, find peace and fulfillment.

Actually, Steve Jobs attributed his mind-expansion to LSD (& Zen Buddhism?), not pot.

In a few interviews, Jobs hinted at his early experience with the psychedelic drug LSD. Of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Jobs said: "I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He'd be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger."

The connection has enough weight that Albert Hofmann, the Swiss scientist who first synthesized (and took) LSD, appealed to Jobs for funding for research about the drug's therapeutic use.

In a book interview, Jobs called his experience with the drug "one of the two or three most important things I have done in my life." As Jobs himself has suggested, LSD may have contributed to the "think different" approach that still puts Apple's designs a head above the competition.

Jobs will forever be a visionary, and his personal life also reflects the forward-thinking, alternative approach that vaulted Apple to success. During a trip to India, Jobs visited a well-known ashram and returned to the U.S. as a Zen Buddhist.

Jobs was also a pescetarian who didn't consume most animal products, and didn't eat meat other than fish. A strong believer in Eastern medicine, he sought to treat his own cancer through alternative approaches and specialized diets before reluctantly seeking his first surgery for a cancerous tumor in 2004.

Obviously, he had a lot of personality issues, but I find him interesting for his ability to combine his very technical left brain with creative hippy right brain.

Anyhow, he is also a good example of how free-market capitalism and entrepreneurship can greatly enrich a society (both financially and culturally) - not deplete it. Wealth is not a zero-sum game as there would have actually been a lot of poorer, unemployed people without his existence, than vice-versa.

Jobs vastly boosted our global economy and was himself welllll at the top of the 1%:

So, a hella lot of people actually owe their very jobs to wealthy 1% guys like...Jobs. :lol: Edited by vortex

Rest In Peace Steve Jobs. Your spirit survives through the Apple products I own.

Thank you for bringing these to the world.

Actually, Steve Jobs attributed his mind-expansion to LSD (& Zen Buddhism?), not pot.Obviously, he had a lot of personality issues, but I find him interesting for his ability to combine his very technical left brain with creative hippy right brain.

Anyhow, he is also a good example of how free-market capitalism and entrepreneurship can greatly enrich a society (both financially and culturally) - not deplete it. Wealth is not a zero-sum game as there would have actually been a lot of poorer, unemployed people without his existence, than vice-versa.

Jobs vastly boosted our global economy and was himself welllll at the top of the 1%:So, a hella lot of people actually owe their very jobs to wealthy 1% guys like...Jobs. :lol:

Steve Jobs Studied Buddhism in India

:)

CBS 60 minutes show did a two part segment on Steve jobs after his death. worth watching

This is a quote from his new authorized biography, "He was, he believed, "enlightened", a luminary to be ranked with Gandhi or Einstein."

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7385688n&tag=contentBody;storyMediaBox

despite his obvious genius, not sure why he had so much anger and hostility in him towards others. In his personal life he was downright mean and nasty.

• Like 1

It's pictures like the one on the right that has me automatically donating $50 a month to Alice's Kitchen, which feeds these little guys. Some of us really do give a shit.

But your point is well taken; each soul has every bit as much value as another, and there is something off-kilter about elevating any one soul when we're willing to let other souls starve. I'm with Lawrence O'Donnell (or O'Connell?) on this. He's a talking head on MSNBC that insists that we need a global solution.

What I do applaud in Mr. Jobs is his creativity and tenacity. I've always had the creativity, but lacked the tenacity to implement my ideas.

• Like 1

despite his obvious genius, not sure why he had so much anger and hostility in him towards others. In his personal life he was downright mean and nasty.

downright mean and nasty?? Hmnn there were times he was. He ran a large organization and its might be impossible without stepping on some people toes. I think that reputation is a very small part of the whole picture. I've read hatchet jobs on Mother Theresa.

In my eyes he was a visionary and did a lot of good for the world. I think he had an artist's temperament that includes a near obsession with creating their vision. That bites both ways. His enthusiasm brought out peoples best talent and pushed them past limits. That can be great, but it also causes friction and burnout. Most great artists aren't compromisers, they're single minded and that can put people off.

His company made hundreds of people millionaires and he saw many get burnt because of it. He kept his life relatively modest. He succeeded in his goal, combining technology and art.