Sign in to follow this  
tulku

Sometimes I can't decide which country is worse.. China or the US

Sometimes I can't decide which country is worse.. China or the US..

There are a lot of sick people in both China and the US

Seriously, I hope these two countries destroy each other soon..

• Like 1

The Chinese are overly obsessed with money.

The Yanks are overly obsessed with sex.

Money versus Sex.

Have fun killing each other, eh?

Hey man, Canada would be nice too, if it was warmer. :lol:

canada is pretty good.. that piece of paradise hasn't been tainted as much as ..

:lol:

Tulku, have you ever BEEN to America?

Because it's pretty damn sweet.

American Chinese?

Can't think of a worse combination of human. The WORST of both worlds.

Edited by tulku

American Chinese?

Can't think of a worse combination of human. The WORST of both worlds.

Depends I guess.

There were a bunch of Chinese kids in my high school (whose parents were from China). They were all very hardworking and smart. They all went to really good colleges.

In college now, there are plenty of Chinese students (some are foreign exchange students from China). They are very smart and hardworking people. Also very nice and trustworthy.

One of my Asian friends, however, said that by third generation you are pretty much "white"- you are fat, you are lazy, you are dumb. He said you can tell new immigrants because they are emaciated and can't speak English. You can tell kids whose parents are immigrants because they are smart and hardworking, and have lots of "Asian" characteristics. After that, they're finished :lol:

Having known and been around lots of Asian (mostly Chinese, Korean, and Japanese), I'd say that there are a lot of instances in which his framework holds up :P

• Like 1

what a good example of pathological thoughts: sickness is in the eye of the beholder. :lol:

• Like 1

One of my Asian friends, however, said that by third generation you are pretty much "white"- you are fat, you are lazy, you are dumb. He said you can tell new immigrants because they are emaciated and can't speak English. You can tell kids whose parents are immigrants because they are smart and hardworking, and have lots of "Asian" characteristics. After that, they're finished :lol:
Lol, well actually 3rd generation is extremmmeeellyy generous! :D

In reality, the "Americanization" already started generations ago back at home before immigration out of China. You had some people there idolizing the West and eventually such seeds would slowly sprout and mature over their next several generations - culminating in immigration and full assimilation to their foreign host culture.

So, most of the Chinese-Americans you see here are, in a sense, the "worst of both worlds." They were mostly not the spiritually-cultivated Taoist hermits - but the materialistic carpet-baggers out seeking "Gold Mountain." Most of whom, actually originated from a single city in all of China:

It is estimated that over 75% of all overseas Chinese in North America until the mid- to late-20th century claimed origin in Taishan, the city is also known as the "Home of Overseas Chinese." As late as 1988, those with ancestry from Taishan accounted for 70% of Chinese Americans.
So, what many people now stereotype as "Chinese" here, is really more just a tiny "Taishan" subculture. And not necessarily representative of China/Chinese as a whole. Edited by vortex

omg American propaganda run for the hills :lol:

30+ Million Mexican nationals did!

I saw that many Canadians in Florida this winter :ninja:

I think some of you need to put the bong down, put away the Pink Floyd, get a job and move out of the safe confines of your mother's nicotine stained basement.

btw... Tulku, how do you solve the Street Gang problem?

Canada loves immigrants and that's why so many Mexicans are trying to get here

But the mean Americans with their guns stop them halfway

What do you want them to do? Swim? :lol:

Lol, well actually 3rd generation is extremmmeeellyy generous! :D

In reality, the "Americanization" already started generations ago back at home before immigration out of China. You had some people there idolizing the West and eventually such seeds would slowly sprout and mature over their next several generations - culminating in immigration and full assimilation to their foreign host culture.

So, most of the Chinese-Americans you see here are, in a sense, the "worst of both worlds." They were mostly not the spiritually-cultivated Taoist hermits - but the materialistic carpet-baggers out seeking "Gold Mountain." Most of whom, actually originated from a single city in all of China:So, what many people now stereotype as "Chinese" here, is really more just a tiny "Taishan" subculture. And not necessarily representative of China/Chinese as a whole.

Lol, my brother has some Chinese friends who he went to school with. They all say Qi Gong is fake, superstition, and quackery. They say there are no monasteries or hermits in the mountians in China, that is all fantasy. Qi Gong is just what westerners imagine Chinese people do, but actually Chinese people know it's all made up and it's the westerners who want it to be real. Chinese people would like to see Qi Gong and superstition disappear.

Or so I'm told.

Edited by Immortal4life

I think you can understand the U.S by living in it. China is so big and diverse it could take several lifetimes to live in China. Or so I'm told.

Both are filled with treasures if you know where and how to look.

The by-product of the so-called "Cultural Revolution" by which an entire ancient and incredibly wise and deep civilization was severely shaken and damaged by a bunch of peasants. Very unfortunate event.

No. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Is wishing the death an destruction of hundreds of millions (or billions) of people a good position for a spiritual person?

• Like 5

The TTB's very own Shock Jock

following in the foot steps of Rush and Howard

I can't say which country is worse. There are some individuals though who have pretty dark souls filled with hate.

Edited by thelerner

The Yanks are overly obsessed with sex.

Money versus Sex.

The entire world is obsessed with money and sex,thank heavens most people aren't obsessed with christianity.lol

• Like 2

Lol, my brother has some Chinese friends who he went to school with. They all say Qi Gong is fake, superstition, and quackery. They say there are no monasteries or hermits in the mountians in China, that is all fantasy. Qi Gong is just what westerners imagine Chinese people do, but actually Chinese people know it's all made up and it's the westerners who want it to be real. Chinese people would like to see Qi Gong and superstition disappear.

Or so I'm told.

We have Americans and now we have Chinese propaganda...

There's still interesting people in the mountains.

Sign in to follow this