Sign in to follow this  
Desert Eagle

The Angry Rooster breathing method

stand in light (or heavy) horse stance. forearms raised to make an angle (see image of horse stance).

lMa2Z.gif

flap elbows making them repeatedly hit the sides of the torso like an exaggerated wing movement from the chicken dance.

vigorous bellows-like breath from the nose only. breath out with inward elbow movement. breath in with outward elbow movement. breathing should feel like it fits in with the movement not forced.

do several flaps as much as you are comfortable with.

then imagine yourself inside a balloon and shove with both hands forwards expanding your balloon and breathing out with the shove. bring hands back and shove some more a bit to the right then left as in NNE then NNW as many times as you are comfortable.

repeat all as much as you like.

for me I do it a bit and don't breathe too vigorously but I can. If I overdo I get tired. Even hitting the sides can be light or heavy by preference.

This method forces the breathing for those with breathing difficulties. it also generates heat. good for a starter.

courtesy of european shamans via http://www.stroompunt.be/

Edited by Desert Eagle
  • Like 3

the hand and forearm position is raised like the usual chicken imitation dance. I do it everyday and it gets me hot and sweating like an instant Tummo for about half an hour. my breathing and energy has greatly improved with this so I shared it first. I'm still testing the other methods.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Any music you recommend to listen to while you do the Angry Rooster?

I'm thinking something like dada dada da da dah B)

it's an intense exercise and very short, less than 15 seconds and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do more than that depending on your constitution. but the music can provide a good cover for group practice :)

Edited by Desert Eagle
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this