tumoessence

New book Wuji Qi Gong

I think this new book is really worth looking into. It has to do with standing practice and engaging kan and li energetics in a very natural physical way. The author researched into the book "Wuji Breathing Exercises" and developed his own practice.

Stephen Elliot

• Like 1

I have it for some time but did not try the practices described. What I read inside was not enough to make me quit/change my zhan zhuang practice but it may be prejudice.

I'll have another look into it. Thanks for the reminder.

Did you actually try the practices?

Edit: I have just looked again into the book. Up to page 53 (the book has 102 pages) is a theoretical presentation of the conceptual framework of the practice (xiantian, houtian, the process of alchemy etc..). Second part is the description of the practice which has 5 steps. Each step has some specific mental concentrations or guiding qi prescriptions or subtle physical "gesture" while standing.

I recall now I had the impression that I had them all already in my wuji standing practice, and that following the book did not add anything special but it's just me.

I am looking forward hearing others about it.

Edited by bubbles

I think this new book is really worth looking into. It has to do with standing practice and engaging kan and li energetics in a very natural physical way. The author researched into the book "Wuji Breathing Exercises" and developed his own practice.

Stephen Elliot

thanks. I like the Standing Bear video.

What I like about the book so far is that he separates out the various "strategies" into clear steps and doesn't present it as all one practice from the start. That in doing so he is showing how the adjustment to the standing practice represented by each element is a physical action not one built up with the imagination and visualization. Of course some visualization is needed but only to get to the physical location. And it really hit me deepest in reading his book, because I have read it before, that I don't have to "do" the microcosmic orbit, it happens.

When each of the steps that he puts into the rubric of one of the elements is separated out like he does rather than a unity from the start is that I was able to see that in this simple practice the whole foundation for alchemical practice is there. It is something for my mind to grasp and then put to rest all this searching and looking around for the alchemical hints teachings, secrets, looking in all these various books for the prima materia. Maybe it has to do with the stage in my practice where I am presently, but the book gave me confidence in being able to say, yes this is it. I can even apply, and in many ways already am applying it in my taiji practice, since my form has these elements as well.

I hope am writing this clearly for you to follow.