Sign in to follow this  
Nilo

Liver heat rising (how to handle?)

How do you handle your liver heat rising? Alot of anger and frustration and total inability to be calm arises for me. Sometimes I like to blast through as much of it as I can through doing Zhan Zuhang or Horse Stance but sometimes I'll do a little and then rebalance my mind and do a little more gradually. Also massage the calves seems to work well in releasing.

Any helpful suggestions?

I meditated with my hands in a mudra that looks like the devil horns. Middle and ring fingers folded touching the center of the palm, with the thumb on the ring finger. Lie hands in your lap, and point fingers at each other and just concentrate on breathing. One needs to concentrate on stilling the breath, not holding it, but making it as long and smooth as possible, this is done through the nose. The breathing must be relaxed and long.

...but my best results always included vibrating palm and whipping palm drills, too.

you can just whip your palms out into the position of the great circle in ZZ. This would be for starters, I whipped all eight mother palms like this, different mother palms require different parts of the body to whip, but the waist is always involved and I done used the great circle as my frame. It is important to leave hands relaxed and let them be the tip of the whip.

Not sure if just any shaking fajin type movements would work, but those and the meditation coupled with slowing the breath are the best. ...and don't get angry, lol.

Today I decided I didn't want to be 'nice' anymore. That seemed to help :)

It was very very subtle :ph34r: Don't think anyone noticed.

• Like 1

How do you handle your liver heat rising? Alot of anger and frustration and total inability to be calm arises for me. Sometimes I like to blast through as much of it as I can through doing Zhan Zuhang or Horse Stance but sometimes I'll do a little and then rebalance my mind and do a little more gradually. Also massage the calves seems to work well in releasing.

Any helpful suggestions?

Strengthen all the exit portals in your body. Strengthen the energy going down and out of you. You can actually do this by putting your mind on your centerline. Tense your centerline and strengthen the liver meridian and conceptual channel with your mind.

It feels mostly like frustration, not really anger but a physical reaction which is creating the heat. In TCM terms, that would be stagnation of Yang energy in the liver.

You also want to be neutral about being calm and not being calm. Although it feels like it has more to do with success and failure than being calm. So when you are not calm, you feel like a failure and get frustrated.

Cultivate awareness, acceptance, and neutrality.

Today I decided I didn't want to be 'nice' anymore. That seemed to help :)

It was very very subtle :ph34r: Don't think anyone noticed.

You noticed!

You noticed!

Hehe. I know. Felt a lot better too:-) Funnily enough, now I'm scared what'll happen with people who are used to the nicer version. Scared!

Hehe. I know. Felt a lot better too:-) Funnily enough, now I'm scared what'll happen with people who are used to the nicer version. Scared!

Energetically it feels more like anxiety around being judged by others. So not fear as much as mental reactivity. Feel better?

Oops, now I see we are kind of threadjacking....apologies to the OP.

Energetically it feels more like anxiety around being judged by others. So not fear as much as mental reactivity. Feel better?

Oops, now I see we are kind of threadjacking....apologies to the OP.

Yeah. I'll PM you later. I'm watching a movie:-)

Been a heavy few decades;-)

1. Drink fresh green tea twice a day: morning and evening.

2. Take this Chinese herbal formula (preferably in infusion form or powder as it is more effective, hence shorter treatment and lowered cost): long dan xie gan wan.

http://www.activeherb.com/longdan/

3. Energise and nourish kidneys (5 phases water generates wood, kidney-liver). Since the Liver distributes/circulates blood, it looks to its mother (kidneys) for nourishment in the area of blood and yin.

The following herbal formula is very effective: six flavour pills/rehmannia six

http://www.activeherb.com/liuwei/

Again, go to a TCM shop and ask for the dried herb formula or powder form instead of pills as discussed above.

4. Try to follow a calm lifestyle, practice neigong near old trees (wood-liver) and fresh running water (rivers, sea-kidneys). Ask to their ruling/nature spirits for help and nourishment.

All the best.

• Like 1

Wow thanks Gerard , excellent advice. I started taking Bluporem/Dan Gui formulation from DragonHerbs and it has been helping alot.

You are most welcome-YMW. I can see that you must have seen a TCM practitioner, right? That formula is used for removing liver qi stagnation, spleen strengthening and blood nourishing.

Anyway, take it easy from now on since the liver is the general of the internal organs; the liver likes things soft and easy, it dislikes stress, anger and anxiety. Also too much stress on it affects the next organ on the cycle: the heart, the emperor, the house of fire. This is big business.

Actually I just did alot of research on TCM and took the advice of DragonHerbs team. I felt I was getting no energy from my food either so they told me to try their Astragalus/Ginseng formulation, it helps by heating up the spleen so I can extract nutrients from food. Also I am taking Ho Sho Wu and REishi for kidneys. one of my fav formulations has been the Goji/Schizandra tincture, I get a nice Shen high from it if I am relaxed.

I recently tried some herbs from the Ayurveda system. The herbs were infused into ghee and I was surprised how well my body absorbed them. I was wondering if I can add ho shoo wu into ghee in a slow cooker. Would the herbs maintain integrity?

I have had difficulty with my liver for 2 years and I know why, I was pushing myself too much in all ways including practicing qigong. Now I have learned so much and will flow with the Tao by nourishing myself and resting alot :)

You are most welcome-YMW. I can see that you must have seen a TCM practitioner, right? That formula is used for removing liver qi stagnation, spleen strengthening and blood nourishing.

Anyway, take it easy from now on since the liver is the general of the internal organs; the liver likes things soft and easy, it dislikes stress, anger and anxiety. Also too much stress on it affects the next organ on the cycle: the heart, the emperor, the house of fire. This is big business.

Edited by Nilo
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this