konchog uma

The Thrusting Vessel

is the thrusting vessel a straight line? Does it go up the taiji pole? Thanks for clarification. I find some of the pictures i am looking at confusing, and the descriptions overcomplicated.

its mostly a straight line, but it tcm-branches out in the chest. what are you confused about? intriguing the amount of action-influence penetrating vessel points have on it ;)

its mostly a straight line, but it tcm-branches out in the chest. what are you confused about? intriguing the amount of action-influence penetrating vessel points have on it ;)

thanks joeblast,

i was confused when i saw a diagram that had points on the belly and abdomen, because i thought they were acupuncture points, and i didn't understand that diagram. I had thought the channel to be completely internal except the bahui and huiyin points

my interest is more in macrocosmic orbit than tcm, so the finer details aren't something i am studying yet.

does the branching off in the chest have anything to do with the yin and yang arm channels in MaCO? It looked like it branched off in about the same place (heart area).

thanks joeblast,

i was confused when i saw a diagram that had points on the belly and abdomen, because i thought they were acupuncture points, and i didn't understand that diagram. I had thought the channel to be completely internal except the bahui and huiyin points

my interest is more in macrocosmic orbit than tcm, so the finer details aren't something i am studying yet.

does the branching off in the chest have anything to do with the yin and yang arm channels in MaCO? It looked like it branched off in about the same place (heart area).

TCM, gigong, and neidan often refer to different paths for the chongmai "thrusting/penetrating" vessel.

There are variations, depending upon the lineage, on the paths of the four primary qi jing ba mai (8 extra-ordinary vessels) found in the torso. These variations of the ren, du, dai, and chong mai appear to grow out of the tradition and the use of them. TCM focuses upon acupuncture and so its approach to these vessels is bound to that perspective and the ability to "needle" to effect channels. Qigong and neidan obviously has a different focus and perspective.

The neidan "chong" mai is also called "zhong" mai or the central channel, some have it go from huiyin to baihui, others have it stop at the heart etc. The TCM chongmai follows an altogether different route according to most sources and yet there still remains variation, in both the historical record and todays texts.

Best,

thanks snowmonki,

for the time being, i am just working with it being "in my middle" so to speak, or kind of following the inside of my spine.

My qigong teacher says it goes up the spinal column, not the inside of the spine or a straight line. He said governing vessel moves just under the skin, thrusting vessel moves up the spinal column itself.

But I have been starting to open my macrocosmic orbit, which is pretty great! I have gained a tactile awareness of my whole body in a way that wasn't there before I started doing MaCO work, so i assume I'm making progress! :D :D

further bulletins as events warrant