Sign in to follow this  
deci belle

Benu Bird of Egyptian Cosmology

benu_boat.jpg

I am the benu bird, the ba-soul of Ra.

The one who leads the blessed to the underworld.

The one who has Osiris return to earth.

To do what his ka-spirit desires.

The one who has people return to earth.

To do what their ka-spirits desire.

• Like 2

Hi Deci Belle,

Horus groupie eh? ...

There's an Egyptian verb 'weben' (wbn) which means to shine as in 'wbn r' m pt' - 'the sun shines in the sky' ... which is probably related to the Benu bird. Also the Benben stone the site of creation or primeaval mound from which the sun first rose and a lotus bud called the B(e)n(e)t which was said to float in the pre-creational waters. They all refer to the 'something out of nothing' act of creation and renewal ... the Benu was also called Lord of Jubulees which is a about the Sed festival where the king underwent a form of rebirth (usually after about 30 years).

The Benu like the scarab (khepera) were related to the heart. the Heart is the seat of this creation of something out of 'nothing'.

In the book of the dead it says 'I have gone in as a falcon and I have come forth as a phoenix (Benu).' This is a reference to going into the underworld as a falcon (Horus) and coming out reborn as the heron = Benu.

What does it all mean? let us discuss :)

• Like 1

Atum is an old old god who is self created. So going in as falcon Horus (many generation later fiery warrior sun god aspect) coming back as Benu. Fire into water going back to the start. Atum-Ra-Horus, what is the word? Apech knows, syncretic? Combining the gods, sometimes they're different sometimes the same, evolving gods. I'd like to love to hear Apech's take on syncretism, don't really understand it but I think I like it this fluidity to deities.

Hello friends,

Imagine this. You are floating in an infinite dark watery expanse which spreads in every direction for ever ... such that there are no directions, there is no up, down, left, right and so on because there is no difference. It is dark, fluid, infinite and without any reference points at all. Slowly this water is dissolving everything associated with you which is not essential to your being. Your possessions, your friends, your thoughts, your feelings, your body .... what is left?

Your residual awareness, your sentience is all. If it can be said to be yours since it is itself of itself. How can you exist with just this awareness in the void?

Osiris N: O Atum, how comes it that I travel to a place where nothing grows which has no water to drink or air to breathe, and which is deep, dark and unsearchable?

Atum: Live in it, be content!

Osiris N: But there is no love-making here!

Atum: I have given you spirit-being instead of water, air and love-making, contentment instead of bread and beer. Do not be sorry for yourself, for I will not suffer you to lack.

(Chapter 175 BoD).

... sorry run out of time ... more later ... :)

Your residual awareness, your sentience is all. If it can be said to be yours since it is itself of itself. How can you exist with just this awareness in the void?

How can you not? :D

• Like 1

'you're getting very close'.... its just a PUA 101 NLP.. decibelle is a female so I'm hitting on her..

lol, always on the look out for food..

ben ben is taoist gold that aligns individualized intent to 'become'

with an all pervading source of intent-to-be. Tao recognizes and respects

in a way any individual that honors that gold by becoming-knowing what it is.

Right knowledge of the BA or body of RA (god) exemplifies individuality

by a constant recognition of the source of intent and this is the part of

Mind that is able to cross from being to none being in tact. The source of

intent (yang chi) and universal body of intent (yin chi) are eternal.

The later in fact has the greater life, being manifested into "many mansions"

There are endless worlds yet to be created that derive from each individual

BA.

• Like 1

Dreams of immortality. Is it endless sensory deprivation in the abyss? Liberation or suffering of it's own? No pleasures, no pain, all things are one, you are one alone. You exist for a little longer, waiting, persevering in contentment for eternity.

But was the Benu bird/heron the same bird as the Tehuti bird/holy ibis?

No. The earliest representations look like a yellow wagtail but later almost always a grey heron. The Thoth bird is the sacred ibis.

greyheron_300_tcm9-139881_v3.jpg

Grey Heron

sacred.jpg

Sacred Ibis

Right knowledge of the BA or body of RA (god) exemplifies individuality

by a constant recognition of the source of intent and this is the part of

Mind that is able to cross from being to none being in tact

Yum!❤

Osiris N: O Atum, how comes it that I travel to a place where nothing grows which has no water to drink or air to breathe, and which is deep, dark and unsearchable?

Atum: Live in it, be content!

Osiris N: But there is no love-making here!

Atum: I have given you spirit-being instead of water, air and love-making, contentment instead of bread and beer. Do not be sorry for yourself, for I will not suffer you to lack.

(Chapter 175 BoD).

hahahaa!!❤ Osiris know better than to complain like that… It's just her script!!

Reminds me of Chuang Tzu's admonition to plant the useless tree in the vast plain of Nothing Whatsoever, roaming in effortlessness by its side and sleeping in freedom beneath it.

(ed: change LaoTzu to Chuang Tzu in last paragraph)

Edited by deci belle

The body of RA is 'physical /literal -incarnation (of protein)

established from the form codon to first triad -to the 64th.

codon is the gold trine blue to red (fuschia) then (?)\\

BA carries the KA. BA is a Vestale (triangle) -formless that brings form - form that is formless

birth is triune -the Ka is in the deep water:

Benu's feet are in the black mud

Siva is triune

Edited by taooneusa

Yum!❤

hahahaa!!❤ Osiris know better than to complain like that… It's just her script!!

Reminds me of Laotzu's admonition to plant the useless tree in the vast plain of Nothing Whatsoever, roaming in effortlessness by its side and sleeping in freedom beneath it.

Osiris N is you and me .... an individual person not the god Osiris.

The Egyptians had a word for this state of being (in the void) and that was 'wn' ... Osiris was called Wn-n-nfr (Wenenefer or sometimes Onophris) which means 'continually good/beautiful being'.

The other state of being where you evolve and become something is 'kheper'.

The body of RA is 'physical /literal -incarnation (of protein)

established from the form codon to first triad -to the 64th.

codon is the gold trine blue to red (fuschia) then (?)\\

BA carries the KA. BA is a Vestale (triangle) -formless that brings form - form that is formless

birth is triune -the Ka is in the deep water:

Benu's feet are in the black mud

Siva is triune

The body of Ra is the 'itn' or aten disk. (not to be confused with Aten the god worshiped by Akhenaten).

Sorry but I can't follow the rest of what you say ... its a bit cryptic ... could you elaborate a little? Thanks.

Osiris N is you and me .... an individual person not the god Osiris.

The Egyptians had a word for this state of being (in the void) and that was 'wn' ... Osiris was called Wn-n-nfr (Wenenefer or sometimes Onophris) which means 'continually good/beautiful being'.

The other state of being where you evolve and become something is 'kheper'.

Excellent! Thank you for clarifying that, Apech.❤ Now I know better!!

The body of Ra is the 'itn' or aten disk. (not to be confused with Aten the god worshiped by Akhenaten).

Sorry but I can't follow the rest of what you say ... its a bit cryptic ... could you elaborate a little? Thanks.

disc is also literal describing a ring that forms or comes into being in this world.

Ra1b.gif

it's you and me in that ts presence or radiation is everywhere though not always

you or me as it's personification or full embodiment.

There is an actual god RA that we all see everyday though we're blind to it

or blinded from it

Edited by taooneusa

phoenix.gif

55791_ventricles_md.gif

Cat_21_00_Cover_Shiva.jpgcover_article_433_en_US.jpgthe shiv

indicndl.gif

the swastika above are interesting with an extension not usually seen

like a spark or thunder. Sparks are used to ignite lamps like the one to either side below a sun and a moon. The sun and moon are beginning of celestial alchemy that lead to embodiment as RA. The lamps to either side represent lumination of most refined human potential the Ojas always in the blue spectrum like Shiva.

Edited by taooneusa
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this