Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Tibetan Buddhist Deity Energetics/visualization---wow!

And as for meditating on the Deities, when you start putting in enough time, some pretty amazing things start to happen.... like when they decide to talk to you... Always utterly profound...

Not to be confused with an over-active Imagination. At earlier stages you may have your mind manipulate the image, or say mundane things or things that reflect your inner state, or things that you want to hear... Thats just your mind getting carried away with itself.

A real communication/experience will knock your socks off and leave you energised way beyond normal levels, and it may last days or even months.

• Like 5

I still like Om Ah Hum/Hung for 3 Dantiens. om being the top, ah the middle, and Hum or Hung being the LDT

All these seem to mean descending stream of energy. That is typical for Bon and tantric Buddhism but not typical for Taoism.

I was considering taoist arts as more profound but it could be that tantric approach is not less powerful and not so complicated as taoist methods. But as for me I don't like visualizations there and I am not sure how to visualize right. I as trying to see what I supposed to vis. and it was confusing me all the time. But it is nothing to vis. with sounds. That's still powerful. But often they say to vis. syllables in chakras. It can cause the waste of vital energy imo

So, I understand that the highest form of Buddhism (vajrayana) includes visualizing deities.

:D

The highest form of buddhism?

Ah yes, It was traditionally practiced on top of the highest mountains in the world.

In my experience, and my resulting view, this stuff is real. By meditating on extremely advanced teachers, and/or deities, your body is coming into contact with their body and learning from it. Any visualization that you might create is not so much the end-point as it is a bridge to get you to focus toward the mind-stream of the actual being. By choosing beings that are .. far along, it opens up possibilities of very progressive learning.

And as for meditating on the Deities, when you start putting in enough time, some pretty amazing things start to happen.... like when they decide to talk to you... Always utterly profound...

Not to be confused with an over-active Imagination. At earlier stages you may have your mind manipulate the image, or say mundane things or things that reflect your inner state, or things that you want to hear... Thats just your mind getting carried away with itself.

A real communication/experience will knock your socks off and leave you energised way beyond normal levels, and it may last days or even months.

I can't find the thread but the songs of distant earth (http://thetaobums.co...ofdistantearth/) made similar comment based on his experience with photos of dead high level masters. I wish he was there to comment more on this. Does anyone know if he is still around?

Edited by bubbles

Which mantra?

Most of 'em by all accounts

Om mani padme hum

Namo guan shi yin phu sa

Will try to find and post the list from DW.

All this stuff is illusion anyway but if it gets you where you want to be then there's little or no harm in it I suppose.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Om mani padme hum

Namo guan shi yin phu sa

All this stuff is illusion anyway but if it gets you where you want to be then there's little or no harm in it I suppose.

Om mani padme hum

Namo guan shi yin phu sa

I only asked because I have many mantras of the tantric variety that are more than six syllables.

On 9/28/2006 at 11:46 AM, Trunk said:

As an answer to both of your comments:

In my experience, and my resulting view, this stuff is real. By meditating on extremely advanced teachers, and/or deities, your body is coming into contact with their body and learning from it. Any visualization that you might create is not so much the end-point as it is a bridge to get you to focus toward the mind-stream of the actual being. By choosing beings that are .. far along, it opens up possibilities of very progressive learning.

And, btw, I'm stating my view - not asserting that it be yours. I respect that everyone needs to come to their own conclusions, as a premise of personal integrity.

Before I started Deity Yoga I was pretty dogmatically into Jhana & Vipassana (I practice both even more these days but I'm just a hell of a lot more broad minded) but after 2 weeks of Deity Yoga with Guanyin I was "pleasantly shocked" by how powerful the practice can be.  My teacher taught me to move past the astral/personality "holographic" of the Guanyin & use Akasha which may be the same or similar to what you defined as the mind-stream.  This practice is what made me realize the deity or "higher being" that all human beings have the potential to develop into.  Best learned from a very experienced teacher though as from what I've heard some people "go off the rails." 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this