Informer

Have you found the Heart-Center?

I am curious to learn of other's definition and understand of the source of love.

What process or method did you use to find it?

Has it become a constant for you?

Have you discovered other aspects after or before the heart center and what were they?

I hope to use this thread to aid in the correlations of varying processes, so that we might become even more accepting of various paths. I know many here may be beyond such things which leads me to a final question if this is true for you.

What was the key to this acceptance of others and mutual respect that is evident among the modest and understanding?

Do you go out of your way to reword things so that others wont take offence? Does it come naturally? Or is it simply part of the critical thinking process that occurs with the phenomena of words?

I hope that you will share any and all experiences that you have an inkling too!

:wub:

Hello my friend,

This is a huge topic, with huge questions and I can't answer them properly because I am just another useless barking bum.

Just a few words though.

What I know is that bodywork, mental work are, in my humble tiny tiny tiny experience (IMHTTE) necessary but insufficient ways for love to blossom. They all end where/when the heart-way begins. When the Heart has awaken, it takes the commandment of the two others that would otherwise lead to pride and prejudice :). Mental powers are limited, body powers are limited but I was told that the magnitude of the heart has no limit. This is now the story I am sticking to.

Let me fill in this questionare than. Courious what others will say too.

I am curious to learn of other's definition and understand of the source of love.

I think I came up with definition of love as universal glue some time ago here on bums.

I like what I just read posted by cat on the relationship thread in taoist section:

'I cant believe humans are deficient in love, but I think we are deficient in knowing ourselves and communicating.'

My answer:

Yes. Finally. By giving myself away and at the same time being daring, openning up and wanting love so badly.

I am reminded of a tantric whilst talking of tantric practises and importance of partner practise said:'But everyone is making love all the time, breath going in and out.'

If I forget about it I feel painfull.

Have you discovered other aspects after or before the heart center and what were they?

Heart center IMO has 2 aspects/parts . One is tinted with anger and jelousy. And another universal, love as it is.

I hope to use this thread to aid in the correlations of varying processes, so that we might become even more accepting of various paths. I know many here may be beyond such things which leads me to a final question if this is true for you.

What was the key to this acceptance of others and mutual respect that is evident among the modest and understanding?

For me key to acceptance so far is seeing myself in others and it is nothing but accepting myself really.And sometimes I just cant accept myself so I dont which is fine too.

Do you go out of your way to reword things so that others wont take offence? Does it come naturally? Or is it simply part of the critical thinking process that occurs with the phenomena of words?

I do tend to be feeling a bit excited in general (do not misread me hahaha),as if a bit tipsy although I dont drink.Plus I am Mediterennian and the way we are culturally we share a lot,reward and admire a lot ,heart is more active(which is not necessary always good ,but it is how it is).

So this stuff depends on situation really I guess and could be cultural thing too.

I am making a concious effort always not to cause hurt with words ,actions or thoughts as I find it unecessary and unatractive and it ends up hurting me even more than the person I aim it towards too.I am not always succesfull but am training myself.

:)

I hope that you will share any and all experiences that you have an inkling too!

What about you Informer?

Edited by suninmyeyes

Okay, I will answer the questionnaire too.

I didn't use a method, being open to life experiences, like the terminology someone used heart awakening, even opening, but an uncontrollable physical thing, not something I tried to make happen.

yes

not before and not done yet so not after, so it is a process but not a process I used.

accepting others- getting to know people, individuals from all different cultures and social backgrounds, people who aren't like me but as I get to know them we have common ground as I understand their perspective they are like me but still different.

yes, but not always good at it.

Now I have question for those who feel love? HAve you told people you love them? Not necessarily strangers, but family, friends and acquaintances who you definitely feel love for (but not romantic love). Have you told individuals you love them and why? Hard to do and maybe easier for women to pull off than men, but interesting and beneficial to do. Also interesting how hard it is for people to listen and believe they are loved, but I believe it's something we should tell and something we should hear.

Love you all.

There was some scientific stuff I didnt quite get I guess Ill have to reread it.

'As long as the awareness remains bound in an illusion perceiving itself as something separate...'

I would stop here as this gives a good opportunity to point out a view on something that doesent quite flow.

Awarness can not be bound .

Perciving myself as seperate is also very real on some level, it is not an illusion. And needs to be adressed accordingly.

This is only half a sentence highlited but it means a huge amount - the whole perpective really and has a power to change life. And grow hair back on the bold patches too and make the nails stronger.haha I am talking rubbish now, my quirky sense of humor.

*Back to normal*

'The true nature of awareness is before any thought, let alone, knowing can take place.'

Awraness is .

What matters is what I plug into , what zones am I taking nourishment from and if it is healthy or not. This could be such a broad spectrum of emotinal/mental constructions, some extremly powerful and dominating.

That was unexpectdely impersonal :ph34r: take on love Informer. :)

' So with out further delay, may your love reign free in an unbound pure awareness that is now. Indefinitely. Inevitably.'

And may you love for the loves sake.

There was some scientific stuff I didnt quite get I guess Ill have to reread it.

'As long as the awareness remains bound in an illusion perceiving itself as something separate...'

I would stop here as this gives a good opportunity to point out a view on something that doesent quite flow.

Awarness can not be bound .

Perciving myself as seperate is also very real on some level, it is not an illusion. And needs to be adressed accordingly.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the eyes are as a mirror to the soul which is binding itself into reality. Like when you say "myself" Who's self are you talking about? It isn't seperate, lol.

Thanks for the critique!

I guess what I am trying to say is that the eyes are as a mirror to the soul which is binding itself into reality. Like when you say "myself" Who's self are you talking about? It isn't seperate, lol.

Thanks for the critique!

It is pleasure. :wub:

Yes I understand , but still feel (at least to the level of current understanding which is of course subject to change)that everything is real and unreal too.

And it is helpful to acknowledege individual ,as a personal self and act accordingly especially in situations like crossing the road for example.

More so I would say this is a great becouse we are having a human expirienece and relating is such an important factor and it is done through individual,it is life sustaining .Instead of looking for absolute , an ultimate which is common phenomena among seekers in general , it is much more helpful to utilize what we are used to and born with here on earth. Nourish our relationships with everything. That alone has potential to reveal depths of our being.

Edited by suninmyeyes

It is pleasure. :wub:

Yes I understand , but still feel (at least to the level of current understanding which is of course subject to change)that everything is real and unreal too.

And it is helpful to acknowledege individual ,as a personal self and act accordingly especially in situations like crossing the road for example.

More so I would say this is a great becouse we are having a human expirienece and relating is such an important factor and it is done through individual,it is life sustaining .Instead of looking for absolute , an ultimate which is common phenomena among seekers in general , it is much more helpful to utilize what we are used to and born with here on earth. Nourish our relationships with everything. That alone has potential to reveal depths of our being.

Sure, reality can be percieved through the mirror of the eyes and deemed to be objective reality. There is utility in this when trying to relate to another who is looking through the mirror and percieves that objective reality as well.

Unless you were hinting at the multiverse! :lol:

So you think this "There was a synergy created between the mind and heart to have claim. The same can be done with the pure awareness to again develop a synergy yet free from the illusion of the perpetuated self. " should be said differetly?

'So you think this "There was a synergy created between the mind and heart to have claim. The same can be done with the pure awareness to again develop a synergy yet free from the illusion of the perpetuated self. " should be said differetly?'

You know I am sitting here trying to figure this one out. But its just not happening bro.

Maybe I am extra thick today or something, I dont know.

'Illusion of perpetuated self' is confusing me..

Awarness is a good zone to be plugged into and when that happens everything is smooth with the big smile on your face.

Edited by suninmyeyes

All Encompassing Infintesimal Omniversal Unity mindfulness/meditation/pondering/observing.

Eternity is constantly changing. I Love it. This Love can be only unconditional and wide open to everything as it comes and goes.

It is also unattached, unadhesive. Or in other words, it is not always positive, but never always negative. ALWAYS changing, for good or for bad but without preference, only acceptance... sometimes happy, sometimes depressed, always changing, always loving.

Knowledge is fixed in time, stagnant, attached to the past. Knowing is fluid and alive, moving with the times. AS SUCH IS LOVE.

Found it first time, bowing my head to my mom's feet.

Mom's and Dad's Love for their children are great.

happy.gif

• Like 1

Found it first time, bowing my head to my mom's feet.

Mom's and Dad's Love for their children are great.

happy.gif

Hi XieJia!

Interesting.

Might I ask how old you were?

Have you ever recieved chi or energy in that manner as well?

I think this post asks a loaded question in a way. If we've found it, does that mean we have achieved something of value and if we haven't does that mean what we have achieved has no value?

I think that it is infinitely more important that others practice the virtues of heart-mind, than worry about whether they've achieved it or not. I would encourage everyone to practice compassion in their day to day life and not worry so much about heart mind.

As a side note, I apologize for being gone for so long, or congratulate you for having the break from me, depending on who I'm talking to. I suffered third degree burns on my right hand and I've had to take a break from the internet. There's a square inch of flesh missing from between the knuckles of my ring finger, and there will be some scarring, but I'll live. Anyways it's all transient, so this too shall pass.

I hope in my absence you have not tried to take over the world.

Aaron

I think this post asks a loaded question in a way. If we've found it, does that mean we have achieved something of value and if we haven't does that mean what we have achieved has no value?

I think that it is infinitely more important that others practice the virtues of heart-mind, than worry about whether they've achieved it or not. I would encourage everyone to practice compassion in their day to day life and not worry so much about heart mind.

As a side note, I apologize for being gone for so long, or congratulate you for having the break from me, depending on who I'm talking to. I suffered third degree burns on my right hand and I've had to take a break from the internet. There's a square inch of flesh missing from between the knuckles of my ring finger, and there will be some scarring, but I'll live. Anyways it's all transient, so this too shall pass.

I hope in my absence you have not tried to take over the world.

Aaron

Ah, your view seems narrowed with squinting eyes.

What is important is what is being pointed at, and how many different relations may lead other's to these as well, your say included! :)

Dear Informer,

I was 18 - 19, and it was a part of something like a Repentance ceremony.

I was a reckless cool.gifmad.gif Child by then but in that act of bowing to my mom's feet,

I first realized that this body was given to me by them, was fed, and rise by them whole hearty.

And I realize how my previous life-style wounds that Body, this mind and this spirit and wounds what is given to me by them.

From that day, I try my best to take care of the body, mind and spirit and changed my ways.

As to your question about Qi or energy, true; sometimes when the act is done earnestly. Either when you do it in front of Buddha, Deities, Sages, Parents or Martial Arts Teacher and their lineage. happy.gif

You received the Blessings of those we see and don't see. But energy are just temporary, they comes and go and it's not anyone's. What's important is how one use it to follow the way.

when we look, hear, or point at others; what is it that we really see, hear or who are we really pointing at?

@Aaron

I agree wholly with your statement. There are those who practice compassion sincerely without being aware of it.

By talking about it, it might be possible that people misunderstood for what it is.

XieJia

Ah, your view seems narrowed with squinting eyes.

What is important is what is being pointed at, and how many different relations may lead other's to these as well, your say included! :)

Sometimes the sun is so bright, the only way to see clearly is to squint.

Aaron

Great topic Informer! Very relevant to a recent development in my spirituality. The following is obviously an intimate personal experience but I thought I might as well share.

Basically, to answer the topic, yes I have found the heart center and it happened inadvertently.

My 'doorway' was sexuality. It had become apparent to me that sex was not a path to lasting fulfillment, but this frustrated me, because it seemed like for a while it was. I don't think I'm the only one who has imagined heaven being basically a bunch beautiful naked women around eager to fulfill me every need :P

Conventional sexual satiation however got me to wondering what it was I really wanted--I didn't know. Still seemed like sex.

So in this frustration I got in touch with my deepest cravings and amplified them. I began chanting Guan Yin's name over and over with increasing intensity. I chose her because I have always had an affinity for her, she is female and thus able to offer me feminine love, and because she is known for her listening and wish granting abilities. My intention was to find the fulfillment of my deepest longing. What happened was amazing: Though I wasn't locating this mantra physically, I began to have a very intense orgasm--in my heart! It felt very loving, warm, and unconditional, and left me feeling much happier than conventional sex.

Of course the implications of this are pretty wild. I am still figuring out how to integrate this experience in my daily life. I could go on, but that is the short of it. I have been chanting the mantra Namo Guan Shi Yin Pusa from my heart and have been able to replicate this experience. I even bought a 108 bead mala so I can make this a regular devotional practice. It has definitely made me feel more love for myself and other beings. I am eternally grateful for this experience.

Namo Guan Shi Yin Pusa :)

That was unexpectdely impersonal :ph34r: take on love Informer. :)

Really nicely said, Sun. The true love of the sages and buddas and christ consciousness people is impersonal. It is a love that is manifested to each and every thing we come in contact with. Love is a verb. Love is not selfish. Love can mean picking up trash in a dirty lot, so the other people in town don't have to see it. True love between individuals, in my opinion, is the love that remains after all the sexual excitement stops, or at least becomes more manageable. Love is loving your partner for what he or she is, as opposed to be focused on how our partner should be treating and pleasuring us.

Love is the highest part of ourselves in which to dwell. It shapes our attitudes toward everything; everything political, everything seemingly scary. Because of the one thing you said, Sun. Love is the glue.

Awareness of the love being the glue, the most constant awareness we can cultivate, results in a simple and uncomplicated life. With true love as the glue, we stop generating bad karma because we're always out for ourselves. True love realizes that within each and every one of us on the planet resides a shining flame that is the Essence of all, and it is to this shining flame that we can relate to others' shining flame, even if they haven't noticed that there's a shining flame inside them. Or even if they appear to be going in an opposite direction.

When we get down to the shining flame within ourselves, it all becomes very simple. Vision is acquired.

Lets glue that karma together sister ! :lol:

I think if 'you' are a love driven type of person that wants to counciously stay in that chanell feeling all glued up and coneccted and radiate peace and harmony as a perogative and number one choice , becouse it feels good and at natural ease. Every little bit of forgetfullnes and rash decission hurt . Not to mention ocassional being an asshole towards someone, its like stabbing myself.

This is a sign for glue alert. Need some more. Open up my being wider fearleslly for deeper connection to emerge. And take off another layer of clothes , it is too heavy.

As oness thing I agree it is there and feel it and on some level there is essence , but am not sure about the Essence .

The Essence seems somehow limiting Is there beyond Essence? What is it? To be honest this is something I am expoloring these days and want to establish this knowing through my own experiental knowledge.

Edited by suninmyeyes

To be honest this is something I am expoloring these days and want to establish this knowing through my own experiental knowledge.

That sounds like one very ernest intent to me. Isn't it wonderful to have other souls to talk to?