According to Neil Strauss in the book "The Game", before Mystery began teaching there was only one credible pick up artist out there, Ross Jeffries. He claims he is a master of Neuro Linguistic Programming and Hypnosis.

Clip of Ross Jeffries picking up a woman on BBC-

His method is called Speed Seduction-
http://www.youtube.com/user/speedseduction Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 1

I hear Jane Austen wrote a new book, too.

"``You judge very properly,'' said Mr. Bennet, ``and it is happy for you that you possess the talent of flattering with delicacy. May I ask whether these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are the result of previous study?''

``They arise chiefly from what is passing at the time, and though I sometimes amuse myself with suggesting and arranging such little elegant compliments as may be adapted to ordinary occasions, I always wish to give them as unstudied an air as possible.''

Mr. Bennet's expectations were fully answered. His cousin was as absurd as he had hoped, and he listened to him with the keenest enjoyment, maintaining at the same time the most resolute composure of countenance, and, except in an occasional glance at Elizabeth, requiring no partner in his pleasure."

;)

• Like 2

I hear Jane Austen wrote a new book, too.

oh yeah "pride, prejudice and zombies"

theres gonna be pirates and ninjas in it too

they're already talking broadway

"i did hypnotize her!" creeeeeeeepy

Edited by anamatva

lol, there does seem at first, to be some creepiness in there....

However, if it really works, and women like it, then maybe it isn't so creepy afterall.

:D she liked it cause she was hypnotized! hahahaha

when she gets home she'll be like "how did i get here?" "wtf just happened"

sure he's good, but i don't think he's setting a good example. Hypnotization is really serious stuff, and people should be in a safe setting with a caring professional before they are induced. Not in public, unbeknownst to themselves, with some perv trying to put his dick in them. Thats totally irresponsible and creepy. Just saying.

:D she liked it cause she was hypnotized! hahahaha

sure he's good, but i don't think he's setting a good example. Hypnotization is really serious stuff, and people should be in a safe setting with a caring professional before they are induced. Not in public, unbeknownst to themselves, with some perv trying to put his dick in them. Thats totally irresponsible and creepy. Just saying.

The issue for me is this-

How is this:

Different from 99% of what goes on in our culture?

Men and women go out drinking, waking up in strange beds with strange people and they ask themselves "how did I get here, wtf just happened?"

People get back from the mall and go "why did I buy all of this stuff? Wtf just happened?"

People arrive in a nice car to a huge house. "I can't afford this, wtf just happened?"

People eat their 13th doughnut for an afternoon snack. "How could I have lost so much control? Wtf just happened?"

To some extent or another, we do this ALL the time to everybody. You ever talk someone into going into a restaurant you wanted to go to?

"Hey anamatva, how did I let you talk me into coming here?"

But here's the real kicker: what if they like it?

"Hey anamatva, how did I let you talk me into coming here? I'm glad you did, 'cause this lasagna is great."

Uh oh. You just, essentially, manipulated someone into doing something against their will! Or did you? Because they had the desire, the will to do something- after talking to you.

The difference between your day to day interactions, the effectiveness of advertisements, the skill of salespeople, using pickup tactics on women, or hypnotizing people, is a difference in degree, not kind.

Somewhere along down the road, we drew the line on what levels of manipulation are acceptable and which ones are not. Convincing a friend to eat somewhere that you like is okay. Hypnotizing people into doing something they wouldn't normally do is not okay. Getting them drunk to get them to do something is on the fence- sometimes it's really really bad, and sometimes people wanted stuff to happen.

I'm not trying to create a resolution. I'm just pointing out an issue that I have seen, and an issue that I have been struggling with personally. I always had this idea in my head that using hypnotizing people to do stuff was "immoral". But then I realized it's on the same spectrum as pretty much every other human interaction. So.... it kind of threw me for a loop. Is every other kind of human interaction just as bad?

If your goal is liberation and stuff, you start to realize just how much you have to liberate from!

But here's the real kicker: what if they like it?

thats some heavy dice to roll... i dunno

If your goal is liberation and stuff, you start to realize just how much you have to liberate from!

great points... food for thought

Immortal4life, you posted so many threads with stuff like this and are apparently admiring it. With that stuff, you'd be doing a huge detour on your spiritual path. When you practice all that 'game' stuff, you eliminate the advantage of authentic feedback from people about who and how you are, because you're putting up a new, fancy, elaborate facade. You might start to believe you are a great guy when in reality you've become very insincere and messed up.

It's already a challenge to see through other people's facade in order to get helpful feedback, but if you aren't doing that from a sincere point of view, then it's just an illusion observing an illusion.

Edited by Hardyg
  • Like 1

Immortal4life, you posted so many threads with stuff like this and are apparently admiring it. With that stuff, you'd be doing a huge detour on your spiritual path. When you practice all that 'game' stuff, you eliminate the advantage of authentic feedback from people about who and how you are, because you're putting up a new, fancy, elaborate facade. You might start to believe you are a great guy when in reality you've become very insincere and messed up.

It's already a challenge to see through other people's facade in order to get helpful feedback, but if you aren't doing that from a sincere point of view, then it's just an illusion observing an illusion.

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1