konchog uma

Yi Jin Jing (muscle/tendon changing classic)

Xi Sui Jing - Part one

Xi Sui Jing - Part two

Xi Sui Jing - Part three

You forgot

part 4:

part 5:

part 6:

part 7:

also Yi Jin Jing:

part 0:

etc.

Tui Na (self massage for meditating monks):

part 1:

part 2:

part 3:

part 4:

part 5:

part 6:

part 7:

Na Mo Guan Shi Yin Pusa

smile.gif

• Like 2

i just got a nice email from my teacher. He says xi sui jing is too advanced, i don't have the foundation, and he won't teach it to me, but he will teach me yi jin jing. So i am happy about that. Dr Yang writes that a firm foundation is needed for xi sui jing and that one must practice yi jin jing for a year before even studying xi sui jing. Its good my teacher goes along with that, not saying "oh sure i'll teach you that"

Interesting, that is what Vajra Fist got too...

I practice the yijinjing, or at least as it's currently understood at the moment. Eric Isen, my medical clairvoyant, tested the xi sui gong as put out by Sifu Yan Lei, which was said to be extremely powerful, too much so for me at present.

So I do agree there's a lot of power in the old Shaolin methods. Even the much maligned baduanjin.

The videos posted above seem to be seated stretches and some self-tuina with a staff.  I don't really see how those would detox your bones?

Yan Lei's version seems to involve beating yourself with a bamboo/wire brush while seated?  That sounds like a more brutal version of Paida Lajin - that could actually penetrate to the bone?

Anyone actually try some version of Xi Sui Jing?

Edited by gendao

In the Little Nine Heaven system they call it XiSuiGong. They are a Daoist school. But it seems, that in Chinese history there has always been an exchange and mixing of Buddhist and Daoist techniques.

Besides the famous iron crotch swinging, they seem to have some kind of qigong warmup with these iron brushes.

• Like 1

i know some guys that practice a set of YJJ , they call it i chi chin, i think. but their set has 49 postures

and how they play it is, they do 7 postures a day , in that way they have covered the entire set each week.

with each posture they work 7 breath cycles. each posture seems to be progressively more difficult.

these guys are are extremely well conditioned.

Interesting.

Can you provide a bit more details on the school of these guys?

• Like 1

In the Little Nine Heaven system they call it XiSuiGong. They are a Daoist school. But it seems, that in Chinese history there has always been an exchange and mixing of Buddhist and Daoist techniques.

Besides the famous iron crotch swinging, they seem to have some kind of qigong warmup with these iron brushes.

That seems to about sum up Master Chaio Chang Hung's "iron crotch" version:

I have not done Xi Sui Jing myself, but if I remember correct from when one of my teacher's discussed the training, although the genital stimulation is an integral part of the training, the way you interact with your genitals is very important. You do not want to lead the energy straight out (which is what happens when you ejaculate - it shoots straight out, or wherever your aiming! But this wastes the jing). Rather, you want to use your intention to lead the energy to the brain. This is not an easy practice and that's why it's usually reccomended you do Yi Jin Jing first which still requires a good teacher to master. If you do it right though, you WILL notice when the sexual energy nourishes your brain. Since it teaches how to redirect and use sexual energy without actual sexual activity (that leads to orgasm), I believe this was probably a major aspect of many of the monks learning to control their sexual temptations.

Essentially, this protocol goes progressively from physical to spiritual and outer to inner...

After cleansing your muscles/sinews (yi jin jing), brush beating is then meant to detox your bones/marrow - and hanging weights on your junk to stimulate your jing to be able to sublimate it up to your brain in a nonsexual way.

This makes sense in theory - although obviously this is a high risk/reward proposition.  Beating yourself with a metal whisk and hanging weights on your unit plainly carries its own risks of injury.

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

Xi Sui Jing - Part one

Xi Sui Jing - Part two

Xi Sui Jing - Part three

So this Shifu Yan Lei´s set is a mixed bag starting with parts of Xi Sui Jing and continuing with Ba Duan Jin?

• Like 1

I practice a style of YJJ that was taught to me by a master in Orlando.  The postures are similar to those in Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's book.  It is done with power, force, and it's physically demanding.  And, it's invigorating.  My work has me either sitting in a business meeting, or sitting on a plane or sitting in front of a computer (note the common element) so the YJJ done with power is a great contrast to how I spend my work day.  

To start this new year 2017, I began a 100 consecutive day practice of YJJ, seeing where it takes me.  For those that are going to learn from a book, I can vouch for a style such as Dr. Yang teaches in his book.  One item of interest:  If you read Dr. Yang's book, he states past a certain age your results will be minimal.  I'm north of 60 years old, so when I first read this, I was concerned.  Turns out the master in Orlando who taught me doesn't agree.  And after practicing for several years, neither do I.  

• Like 1

Vajra First -  no, nothing like the stuff Gary Crooms is demonstrating.  Also, doesn't appear to have much in common with the book you linked to that has 49 postures.  

But it is almost exactly the same as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEyAuF6_0M

The style I practice has the same 23 postures as in this video, though there are some differences in intent, etc.  

The master who taught me called it the "Dot Mo" or "Da Mo" style of YJJ.  

Dot Mo is another name for Bodhidharma, the supposedly original creator of YJJ.

• Like 2

Very cool, thanks. Seems to come from a southern mantis lineage and seems totally different from the Shaolin form. If you don't mind me asking, how long does it take you to complete the form and what sort of benefits have you seen?