Sign in to follow this  
bellevolence

Journey to the East

aaaaaaaaaa so much reading aaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, you're planning too far ahead. When you get money out of the blue and not ready for it, like when you win the lottery while you work for 1000 a month, the money will eventually disappear. In chakra terms you need a strong root so you could create so you could keep the money. Start at the root and invest into yourself, make it so you become someone who can easily make the same amount of money or even more. Without that ability you will loose all the money and wont help anyone.

Hi Bellevolence,

What a pickle you are in! In these types of situations consulting an Oracle can be helpful. Ask the Book of Changes.

If you find this one tricky, the European Oracle, the Runes, can be more direct.

Essentially though, it's as they always said- the answers that you seek you already know.

words of wisdom from the past:

"If you are thinking 1 year ahead, plant seeds

If you are thinking 10 years ahead, plant a tree

If you are thinking 100 years ahead, educate the people."

Chinese Emperor Kuan Tsu, 5th century BC

• Like 1

Nice post you have here Belle. Abit long though

I would agree to certain extent with Sinfest.

The Way is straight and wide, let go off all the notions and the sayings; they are just guidelines.

Whether in Buddhism or Daoism; everything comes back to the Breaths, to life, to this very moment.

Take a few breaths and enjoy this very moment you are having... laugh.gif

You will always have it until the very end, as much as me or any other beings.

The answer is there.

In the end, any choice you made is yours to bear; as well as the choice to bear the consequnces is also yours.

Look into the mirror, out of all this commotions, notions.

Who do you see? Who is the one that sees?

Isn't it time for you to come back to your own true nature?

No matter what decision you take,

May you find the answers you seek.

May you be with the Dao and before all the Buddhas.

May you and your decisions alway rings true.

I am sure all of the Bums are with you on this smile.gif

Hi Bellevolent,

I'm glad to see that you have not lost your spiritual convictions in coming into contact with a vast sum of money, and that you have not lost sight of the important things in life. I hope you will be able to inspire others with less fortunate circumstances to view the important things as well; without this perception we all live life in vain as we start to serve things which have no true reality, ie., the material goods of the world rather than the spirit that resides within us..

I have to get going right now, but will continue soon.. In the meantime, I will add that the Taoist I Ching will be of immense value in helping you to walk alongside the stream without falling in.. to be poetic, as is the I Ching. I think you will most like the Liu-I-Ming commentary if you don't have this one already.

talk soon.

best

aaaaaaaaaa so much reading aaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, you're planning too far ahead. When you get money out of the blue and not ready for it, like when you win the lottery while you work for 1000 a month, the money will eventually disappear. In chakra terms you need a strong root so you could create so you could keep the money. Start at the root and invest into yourself, make it so you become someone who can easily make the same amount of money or even more. Without that ability you will loose all the money and wont help anyone.

Thanks for your reply and I understand what you mean... We do not have the mind of a business man who wakes up every morning and knows what he is doing, knows where he is going and is good in planning. I agree we need to invest our efforts in ourselves but with being around poor people and understanding their lifestyle gives more meaning to the text as every sage in the ancient time at one point or the other went through poverty. Which means by just reading the text one cannot make full use of the teachings unless there is real applications of the teachings in everyday life.

Nice post you have here Belle. Abit long though

I would agree to certain extent with Sinfest.

The Way is straight and wide, let go off all the notions and the sayings; they are just guidelines.

Whether in Buddhism or Daoism; everything comes back to the Breaths, to life, to this very moment.

Take a few breaths and enjoy this very moment you are having... laugh.gif

You will always have it until the very end, as much as me or any other beings.

The answer is there.

In the end, any choice you made is yours to bear; as well as the choice to bear the consequnces is also yours.

Look into the mirror, out of all this commotions, notions.

Who do you see? Who is the one that sees?

Isn't it time for you to come back to your own true nature?

No matter what decision you take,

May you find the answers you seek.

May you be with the Dao and before all the Buddhas.

May you and your decisions alway rings true.

I am sure all of the Bums are with you on this smile.gif

Thank you :P

On the practical side. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. With regards to investing in green technologies thats particularly true, most companies involved talk a great game, but few are profitable, many will go broke. Thats not to say don't invest, just make it a small percentage you can afford to lose. If you truly believe a banker and thief are equal you'll probably not make the wisest investment decisions.

I'm increasingly finding that the best ideas for ending poverty are the simplest. A great book to read is The Boy Who Captured the Wind. Very inspiring on poverty and the human spirit.

On a positive note. Invest in yourself. Find something your passionate about and can grow in. Find good teachers and learn. Travel broadens the mind and opens you up to new possibilities. Travel.

Charity is always worthwhile. I like the Heifer Intl. We pay for clutches of chickens distributed to poor areas monthly. Their eggs give excellent nutrition and a product to sell. They eat bugs, scratch and improve soil, even there shit makes useful fertilizer, best of all they reproduce and can be given to others to create food and income. Since they're egg laying breeds, even my veggie son agrees with it.

Investing... .5% means losing about 3% a year to inflation. You could invest in SHY a short term bond fund and make almost 2% a year. Thats tiny, but 4x more. Invest half SHY, half high yield corporate and you'll relatively safely double that. Keeping the money in a bank won't help or hurt anyone. There are a couple of high yield dividend stocks you could look into.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Thanks for your kind reply... I have few questions though, when you say that it will help people... In what way will green ethical organisation help people? Green ethical organisations are mostly western as it would be impossible to apply them to poor poverty stricken countries.

Excellent points and question.

Yes, most of the 'green' technology is directed toward the developed world.

However, solar power is something that many areas could use if the equipment were made available. Manufacture at an affordable price by charitable organizations would allow them to provide power to areas that have none.

Water and agricultural technology would help a lot of people in crier climates.

You mentioned education. Indeed, a company making educational products for charitable organizations would be a great thing.

If any of the above were to be sold at cost it would first help the people who work for these companies. And whatever is sold to others could be sold at a fair market price thereby allowing the company profit for maintenance and new equipment when needed. Then it would help the charities with better distribution of what they bought for the needy. And then, most importantly, it would directly help those who are being assisted by the charities.

Thing is, you don't want someone to take your money and run when it can be used to help others in so many different ways.

So, coming back to my previous thoughts..

I'm sure we are all rather honoured that you would come here to ask for advice on this as well..

So, down to business...

You should really look into finding a good lawyer before you go into business, no matter how perfect the other person may seem. There's a good Irish proverb regarding poker games "Always trust your mother; but cut the cards anyways." Or as Jesus said "I send you out as sheep among wolves; so be as shrewd as a serpent and harmless as doves." Look at a snake.. does it trust easily? not at all. In fact look at any animal and observe how aware they are. You just have to think about approaching a bird and it will fly away. This is because they have a strong po-metal-lung spirit which allows them to trust their instinct. People shut this ability out to the point that many don't even believe it exists. Pay attention to cats -- they also exhibit this ability to know who they are dealing with.. you will benefit greatly by listening to this instinct as being thrown in with all the "players" all of a sudden, some of them will see you as easy prey. See my signature at the bottom -- I recommend this book as well, and this type of attention gives an advantage in pressing situations.

Now, all of that said, I would say that the option with your friend's uncle sounds excellent. You will be making more money with which you can help more people, and it sounds like a very conscientious operation as those things go. Just be sure you have an experienced lawyer that you trust, sort of like signing a pre-nuptual agreement, and don't take the uncle's offer to use his lawyer or suggestions for a lawyer.. You'll want to speak with someone who can explain how to make sure you're getting your dividends. I'm sure this guy is generally trustworthy, but how many people would you trust to hold onto 100,000? Sadly, most people shouldn't trust their own uncles that much :( .

You can do a lot of good things with your money, especially if you don't have a taste for extravagance. With the right mind set, you can do a lot more with a lot more money. Look at money like love. Love yourself, love other people. The more love you have, the more love you can give. At the same time, love can cause a lot of pain when the lover is used and not loved back; however, that doesn't mean we should only give it to people who will give it back to us. It's nice to help people without expecting anything in return. Keep in mind along way though, that charity can encourage dependence so it's better to help people help themselves. Also, a lot of charity is "poor people in rich countries giving money to rich people (governments) in poor countries."

Maybe you knew this already, but those are my thoughts on it which I wanted to make sure anyone in your situation is aware of..

ConGRATuLAtions!!!!! ;):)

Very difficult decision to make... I am not sure what advice I can give as it is beyond my means to help you. Thanks for choosing this forum to ask this real life question though... Very intrigued as what your final decision would be!!!

Sign in to follow this