Taomeow

What are you watching on Youtube?

I don't know if this is on youtube. This is from twitter and they hide the location on a lot of stuff. But it's a really cool vid of a volcano. :-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Sure, go to the moon.  Good luck on finding a way back.

He's hoping to catching a lift on the Japanese guy who Elon Musk is building a rocket for. It's just going to be a flyby and then hopefully back home. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

He's hoping to catching a lift on the Japanese guy who Elon Musk is building a rocket for. It's just going to be a flyby and then hopefully back home. 

Hehehe.  Elon Musk is a bigger scam artist than Trump is.  I wouldn't offer any credence to anything he says.

• Like 1

Yeah old Elon comes across as a bit of a conman! The joke there is "would you by a car from this guy"? LOL 

I think he might be a bit power-pissed as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

The staff has always been one of my loves.   The peasant's weapon, the wanderer's companion.

thank you for sharing this!

Glad that you enjoyed it. Just too awesome not to share. And yeah, the staff is so universal.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2018 at 9:13 AM, thelerner said:

I've always had the view of Musicals as alternative realities where people are all connected and spontaneously break into song.  This video captures that nicely.

I wish there was a kind of vacation place based on musicals where guests and workers broke out into song at random moments and everyone was expected to join in.   Might be a pain if it happened too often, but every now and then, a few times a day, a little song and dance.  That'd be real nice. 

I experienced what you are describing once while on vacation with my gal and thank you for reminding me!  It is one of the most haunting, lovely memories I have.

It was Christmas Eve and we had rented a small cabin just off Hwy1 near Kirk Creek in California.  We'd been hiking up along the jade cliffs since late morning and stopped for dinner and a couple of pints at a local pub before heading back to our cabin.

There were about a dozen locals hanging out that night.  One toddler boy I recall still stands out... who I overheard absolutely hated to wear shoes was running back and forth barefoot between the various groups of people dancing and taunting us with his overwhelming joy.

Someone added some money to the juke box and played the following song Down to the River to Pray by Alison Kraus.  As the song started, the entire bar went silent and then slowly each one there added their voice and began to sing along with it. 

I was dumbstruck.  I sang in professional choirs as a young man and this group in that moment could have held their own with any of them.  I added my voice, tears streaming down my face.  I hope to never forget this memory.  thanks for the jog mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I experienced what you are describing once while on vacation with my gal and thank you for reminding me!  It is one of the most haunting, lovely memories I have.

Someone added some money to the juke box and played the following song Down to the River to Pray by Alison Kraus.  As the song started, the entire bar went silent and then slowly each one there added their voice and began to sing along with it. 

I was dumbstruck.  I sang in professional choirs as a young man and this group in that moment could have held their own with any of them.  I added my voice, tears streaming down my face.  I hope to never forget this memory.  thanks for the jog mate.

What a great memory.  Music is so powerful.  Its too bad we live with it so separated from our lives.  I was in a choir too.  Growing up on long car rides we'd listen to cassesttes of famous musicals and spend hours singing along. 

Good times.  Music.. singing soothes the soul. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1