Taomeow

What are you watching on Youtube?

I had it written for me today 3 kinds of change:

the kind you want

the kind you don't want

the kind I don't care about.

I will have to consider that.

then as it was being written I can think of the serenity prayer.

it was what I was thinking.

god grant me the courage to accept the things I cannot change

the courage to change the things I can and

the wisdom to know the difference.

yes, things did not go my way....

I have nothing else to say today.

and if I have taken space inside this post

then just overlook it please

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Thanks for the chuckle.  California is too far away for me to visit.  Besides, if the liberal Californians find out I'm a conservative they might try to do me harm.  But we could go to the north desert region - if that is still as safe place for conservatives.

My Dad had a place in Sarasota.  I still vividly recall how vastly different the bird song was down that way compared to anywhere else I've lived or stayed in America. Vividly different bird calls, but I've never spent much time in the South East.

Well my friend.  The invitation stands.  I'm one of those liberal Californians, though I'm tempered.  I'm socially so liberal, I'm anarchistic.  If you ain't hurting anyone, I'll leave you alone and expect the same in return.  Financially, I'm more of a conservative, thinking Govm't should regulate some things due to the unavoidable, greedy, exploitative nature of many folks, but Govm't should not be a Nanny as it is now. 

I think you'd be surprised at how welcoming Cali would be if you were to hang out... though we'd probably skip swimming.  The water temps here are... challenging for most... much more in line with my ancestor's lands in Norway than the unbelievably beautiful waters of your Gulf and Carribean.

Cheers mate. 

• Like 1

Light entertainment.. the swordplay is impressively well-choreographed. Pity no subtitles. In HD

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I think you'd be surprised at how welcoming Cali would be if you were to hang out... though we'd probably skip swimming.  The water temps here are... challenging for most... much more in line with my ancestor's lands in Norway than the unbelievably beautiful waters of your Gulf and Carribean.

Cheers mate. 

The California and liberals thing was some of my humor.  Seems most readers missed it.

I can't tell you how many times I have been to California.  Well over a couple dozen times.  Absolutely loved San Francisco except for the cool weather.

When I was getting ready to retire I had the possibilities down to two places:  Jacksonville, Florida and San Diego, California.  I picked Jacksonville as it was closer to my family folks who all live in northern Ohio or southern Michigan.

And yes, I have swam in the Pacific many times.  Even stopped along the road in Big Sur area and went for a swim.  Got caught by an undertow and it almost sucked me down.  I decided I had enough of that for the rest of my life.

And I don't even dislike liberals.  I just don't want them telling me how to live my life like some of them have been doing recently.  But then, I don't want a conservative telling me anything about how I should live my life either.

So, yes, give California back to the Mexicans.  I'm sure they can operate the state much better than the Gringos are right now.  And we might as well give Hawaii back to the Hawaiians.  I know they could do a better job.

• Like 1