Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Learn Tai Chi on Youtube

Been learning and practicing a bit of Tai Chi as of late. I originally bought a DVD to learn the basic 24 form but i actually found a better way of learning online and for free.

-This guys a really good teacher and goes through all the motions quite thoroughly, though it is probably by no means a adequate substitute for a real life teacher it can definitely get you started in learning the motions.

-I posted the first 7 motions of Yang 24 form below, you'll have to get the rest of them online from his page http://www.youtube.com/user/taijiman7777#p/a

Enjoy ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/taijiman7777#p/u/58/WD9XEI8q0Lw

Edited by OldGreen

Like Sinfest, I would also like to recommend Erle Montaigues videos on Yang Cheng Fu form, all for free up on Youtube.

I might be a bit biased as I'm currently in the Montaigue system, but I think his videos usually are very detailed and actually possible to learn from! :)

• Like 1

Yes, I learned the 108 movements of the Yang Cheng Fu form. You are right the video has given too much details for the beginners. The first thing I was taught is not to be concentrated on the breathing because it comes natural along with the practice. His is right about breathing down somewhere is correct. As time goes by, spontaneously, the breath will go down deeper and deeper for a diligent practitioner. That was the kind of experience I have. Now, I am doing abdominal breathing as my normal breathing habit which means I am doing Chi Kung all the time.

Note:

1. The arms should be raised to shoulder height but not chest height as he indicated.

2. As a novice, do not pay too much attention to small details. The best thing to do is follow through with the forms with mistakes. It is because mistakes are easy to be made at the beginning but they can be corrected later after one is more familiarized with the forms.

Happy TaiJi-ing...:)

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this