Li Jiong

Tao save world

Western culture never know contraction when they still can persist. But when they have to retreat all things are too late already.

World is sliding to abyss obviously. Where is the hope?

Converting Tao is the one and only way to save humanity.

I disagree.

The only way to save humanity is to ensure that enough humans are alive to maintain a viable breeding population. I don't think Taoism is required for that.

Although I'll admit it'd be cool if there were more Taoists in the world.

• Like 1

Converting to Taoism is the only solution to save the planet? Give me a break Taoism is one of the most fractured paths or religions around, most of us can barely agree on what Taoism even is. Liu I-Ming is considered one of the most influential historical Taoists and he says much of what people consider as Taoist methods and paths are a complete waste of time, so all I can see is factional conflict and arguments about interpretation if everyone converted to Taoism.

• Like 1

Converting to Taoism is the only solution to save the planet? Give me a break Taoism is one of the most fractured paths or religions around, most of us can barely agree on what Taoism even is. Liu I-Ming is considered one of the most influential historical Taoists and he says much of what people consider as Taoist methods and paths are a complete waste of time, so all I can see is factional conflict and arguments about interpretation if everyone converted to Taoism.

:lol:

So Taoism is like the Eastern version of protestant Christianity? :P

:lol:

So Taoism is like the Eastern version of protestant Christianity? :P

Maybe it's not that bad, people would probably be better off if they swapped their Bibles and Qu'ran for the Tao Te Ching, but you still need a clear path to tread towards harmonisation, just reading a book isn't enough and Taoism isn't very clear, at least not to me.

I disagree.

The only way to save humanity is to ensure that enough humans are alive to maintain a viable breeding population. I don't think Taoism is required for that.

Although I'll admit it'd be cool if there were more Taoists in the world.

LOL! :lol: A really INTJ-like answer!

@TzuJanLi

laugh.gif, you reminds me of a inspirational figure.

@Marblehead

Almost funny? eh? Is there a way to make it funny by being silence? laugh.gif Well we'll see.

Thus is what I heard;

leave ourselves to ourselves,

leave World to the World,

leave Dao to the Dao.

and All will be safe.

impose ourselves on the World.

The World on the Dao.

the Dao on others

then we can't save even ourselves.

The Way is thus.

Thus is what I heard.

Edited by XieJia
  • Like 1

@ Li Jiong

After all those years meditating and retreats and internal work... :( :(

What if he is right.

Put it this way.. what if he is not wrong.

What if he is saying something valid.

• Like 1

I remember this Li Jiong guy from a few years back. A precursor to Mak Tin Si, Bodyoflight, Tulku and all those Falun Dafa cultish threads. Their way is the ONLY way and humanity is doomed etc etc.

Cranks have been saying this since the dawn of time.

Horseshit !

I remember this Li Jiong guy from a few years back. A precursor to Mak Tin Si, Bodyoflight, Tulku and all those Falun Dafa cultish threads. Their way is the ONLY way and humanity is doomed etc etc.

Cranks have been saying this since the dawn of time.

Horseshit !

Manure is essential to growth.

Western culture never know contraction when they still can persist. But when they have to retreat all things are too late already.

And unfortunatley most of the other cultures follow and worship western culture like their favourite diety, walking in the same footprints.

I too would be curious to find out what do you mean by converting to Tao. Are you saying something along the lines of adopting a lifestyle which is more in accordance with nature or did you mean it literally converting to Tao as a religion?

I dont believe that humanity needs saving ,but I do believe that we as individuals need to seriously sort our selves out by facing our fears and nurturing ourselves.

Dancing with life instead of kicking life in the butt, as we do right now. This is becouse personal is at the root of global.

Every little individual change is more precious than the 10000000 kg of diamonds becouse it creates more fertile atmosphere across the earth and universe .It creates waves and waves that have a potential to spread and balance the situation we are in.

'Saving' aspect IMO is so deepley rooted in our psyche as right the way and solution, but it is actually the cause.

In a way as we started all this 'civilization' becouse we wanted to save ourselves trouble of looking for shelter and slowly started to severe our link with the earth , so we started to build some sort of dwellings. Than we invented the wheel to save us walking and carriying. The list can go on all the way to the 'chin rest devices whilst reading 'that are saving us from chin getting too tierd and other more or less usefull items and caused us coupeled with too much misplaced curiosty many global problems that we want to fight instead of understand and deal with.

This saving needs to stop (even just as figure of speech as carries potential to cause destruction).We need to find our malnurished connection with the heart of the earth and universe and pay attention and nurture our MANY wounds first.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Wont it be funny if Li actually made a thread about saving the world and never responded in it so we could figure out how to do it ourselves?

and that's how Tao save world ;)

Edited by Sinfest

Thus is what I heard;

leave ourselves to ourselves,

leave World to the World,

leave Dao to the Dao.

and All will be safe.

impose ourselves on the World.

The World on the Dao.

the Dao on others

then we can't save even ourselves.

The Way is thus.

Thus is what I heard.

Well, I think you changed the wording a little bit but I too heard something like that.

Wont it be funny if Li actually made a thread about saving the world and never responded in it so we could figure out how to do it ourselves?

and that's how Tao save world ;)

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

smile.gif

Li Jiong is not wrong.

By understanding Daoism; we can save ourselves from the Chaos of the world, not letting the world affect us personally weighing us down. If we do this, the we would be saved from the world; the world would be saved from us.

Strangely, Daoism can save the world without saving it. ninja.gif

Li Jiong is not wrong.

By understanding Daoism; we can save ourselves from the Chaos of the world, not letting the world affect us personally weighing us down. If we do this, the we would be saved from the world; the world would be saved from us.

Strangely, Daoism can save the world without saving it. ninja.gif

This is what all religions say: be free from the world. This is not new and I bet that this is not what Mr Li Jiong had in mind. From his wording, I am pretty sure that he meant what he wrote quite literally and not metaphorically.

This is a good attempt of you to save Mr Li Jiong 's statements from collapsing with the world. :lol:

His post brings nothing interesting because we already know that, and we just have to figure out if we, as a race, still have some millions of years to live or far less. Trying to stir up fear with that doesn't help. If we are doomed, it is already done.

Edited by bubbles