AЯAB

Experience unlike ever before with mantra

I was just sitting relaxed today reciting the mantra Om Mani Padme Hum. A couple months ago I learned about this mantra and fell in love with it, reciting it over and over but today something else happened. I didn't pressure my self into proper posture or closing my eyes falling into emptiness and what not I just let it be. As I was reciting the mantra I began putting more emphasis on the Om until I felt a sort of vibration past my ears. Slowly I began reciting it from my throat without any effort at all. The sound was as if I wasn't making it. I recited it this way for sometime than just began reciting long Om's randomly. I did that for about a couple minutes than went back to the mantra, I closed my eyes and I felt this surge of energy engulf me. Light flickered as my eyes were closed(sort of like pages of a book being passed through quickly)it was almost as if I was being lifted and I felt this energy so intense I wanted to be immersed in it but I felt scared so I opened my eyes. When I opened my eyes I slowed down the mantra and felt as if I was being brought back(I don't know from were). My body was very hot and I was almost sweating from the experience. I just sat for a while after wondering what the heck happened. It was something else, I also had never recited the mantra like that before at times I couldn't tell if it was me reciting it. I don't know if any of you have experienced this before but I'm still trying to get my head around it. Maybe thisis what's supposed to happen when you don't just recite it anymore you feel it, but I don't think I was ready. It was intense. Do any of you bums have an idea of what might have happened?

p.s. I recite the mantra in the Tibetan form which sounds like: Om mani payme hung, I don't know if that matters.

• Like 3

Hi Arab,

Here's a link (with much gratefulness to Bodhipaksa of Wildmind) which extensively details working with Mantras (including some very helpful answers in the comments section. Some of the queries/answers might actually shed some light on your recent experience).

http://www.wildmind.org/mantras/method

Edited by CowTao

Dear Arab,

I am sure other Bums will have pretty to share.

From the viewpoint of humble my experience; I would say that moment you have went into a more profound and serene state of samadhi or concentration than that of what you normally experienced, going into the state of Bliss.

If any other times, you started to see visions like a running film; please don't give it to much attention. Don't get distracted by the toys.

If any other times where you didn't get to see the lights and witness the surge throughout your body, don't worry about it. The sensation comes in many forms.

Let there be just seeing and witnessing happy.gif.

I hope this helps, but they are just from my experiences and my understanding.

I am sure other Bums have pretty to share.

Love,

XieJia

It may become a regular occurence, I have found it to be and without mantra's.

This is some reason why I like a buddhist forum as well, so that experiences can be shared and even related to other practices as well. I have never personally experienced what you have through the same process, but experience it often, non-the-less.

Please correct me if I missunderstand something.

So what utility is it? I think kunlun would say that it is cleansing, as would teaching of the merkabah. I think in qigong it would be known as a Macrocosmic Orbit?

Science may say that it is conscious control of the autonomous system, possibly related to the pituitary and or pineal gland(s).

I know I haven't been sick since it started occuring, along with heart-center practice!

I believe the heart-bliss, inner smile, rejuvination center, heart-center, love should come next. Or have you had any of those experiences as of yet?

Thanks for sharing :)

Edited by Informer

Dear Informer,

Thank you for sharing too happy.gif

From my humble experience, this can occurs through any practices when done with sincerity.

I am not sure how well I understood it or how to explain it.

I do believe what happened to be the energy centers of the body synchronizing according to their functions/vibration.

It has many health benefits but I don't think we can actually call any of that its utility.

The Body becomes one, One can nurture the mind.

I don't think you misunderstood anything, and I think the thing you mentioned comes next as you said.

Love,

XieJia

Edited by XieJia