konchog uma

How To Go Unnoticed By Negative People

In another thread i talked about learning some techniques from a teacher friend of mine. This is a technique which i use a lot which is REALLY helpful to me so since i mentioned it, i thought i would start a thread a share the whole technique.

It is a technique to be able to move through a crowd but not attract attention, or to be in a room or anywhere but not be noticed. I say that it will help with negative people because that is also part of it.

The theory behind it is that most peoples energy moves downward because of 1. gravity and 2. the weight of their emotions (really a combination of 1 and 2) so the more negative and angry a person is, the more their energy is "depressed" or downward moving. When you are around a lot of these people, like when you are walking down a city street for example, it is easy for your own energy to become entrained to the ambient energy, and move downward. Misery loves company, and just like two north nodes of magnets will attract, negativity begets negativity. So don't let your energy do this.

The technique is to generate upward moving energy. You can do this in a number of ways, i would really say any way that works for you. If you do a qigong to bring earth energy up from your feet out the top of your head, think of that and invoke that energy for example. Another thing to do is to visualize the energy field of your body staying in one place but vibrating all the energy that you are "breathing", or that isnt yours, in your bottom and out your top. So thats the same idea. Deer have upward moving energy and invoking deer by imagining yourself with deer horns, or walking like a deer, invoking that energy will help. The deer mudra is pointer and pinky extended, middle and ring touch the thumb. This invokes upward moving energy. Feel light, like you have spring in your step. Don't prance about, that attracts a different kind of attention. Be natural and use as little extraneous effort as possible when walking. Keep the mind and intention on light, mobile, upward moving energy. Focus on empty space, not on other people.

When people are stuck in negative, downward patterns, their misery loves company. But when your energy moves upwards, they can not attract to you. It is like north and south nodes of magnets, they repulse. BELIEVE THIS WITH YOUR WHOLE BODY AND MIND. Know that it is true. That is the most important part of it. They may see you out of the corner of their eye but the energy wont be there for them to attract to. They will be subconsciously unable to connect with your energy and will ignore you. They may look at you dead in the face with anger but do not let that change the flow of your energy. Do not engage negative people, just cultivate your own positivity as you focus on empty space and your own upward energy.

As you practice, you will feel people as they affect your upward flow. They will stop it with their attention. It has to be strong, and you have to have a total unyielding refusal to allow their downward flow to entrain you. It is an act of pure rebellion so that is the only real energy expendature. Other than that, it feels really good to do, and it is a way to know about the people around you without looking at them. If anyone notices you and approaches you, they probably have upward moving energy too which comes from good emotions. If people engage you, it should be to smile at you. This way, you know who to engage and who not to. People who want to look for trouble or bump into you or act in a negative or violent way may notice you, but be strong in your technique and do not let them affect the flow of your energy. Have compassion for them, and keep the energy flowing upward. I say it over and over because that is the simple crux of walking through a sea of people and not being noticed.

except maybe in rare instance by other people who have good upward flowing feelings, maybe spiritual practitioners.

have fun! i hope that everyone who reads this tries it because it is a great way to make being out in public into practice! :D :D :D

• Like 1

HOLD IT

This kinda contradicts itself

When people are happy, their energy goes up and they smile

when sad, down and they frown

A crowd of people will make a pool of emotional energy like that

Remembering Taiji, the happy person's energy will be as strong as the sad energy of the whole crowd of sad people. So much energy will stand out in one person, that person's body language, attitude and.. smiiiiiiiiiiles :D will give him away.

Though, if you think to the power of 4. Car driving at the same speed as yours will stay in focus but a faster or a slower car will disappear (1.You 2.Same speed car 3.Fast car 4.Slow car)

In your theory the fast and slow cars are invisible to all the same driving cars. It's like being in a different dimension. So what your technique is actually doing is moving you to a unique dimension that other people can't reach.

There, no need to reply to this post either :lol:

In another thread i talked about learning some techniques from a teacher friend of mine. This is a technique which i use a lot which is REALLY helpful to me so since i mentioned it, i thought i would start a thread a share the whole technique.

It is a technique to be able to move through a crowd but not attract attention, or to be in a room or anywhere but not be noticed. I say that it will help with negative people because that is also part of it.

The theory behind it is that most peoples energy moves downward because of 1. gravity and 2. the weight of their emotions (really a combination of 1 and 2) so the more negative and angry a person is, the more their energy is "depressed" or downward moving. When you are around a lot of these people, like when you are walking down a city street for example, it is easy for your own energy to become entrained to the ambient energy, and move downward. Misery loves company, and just like two north nodes of magnets will attract, negativity begets negativity. So don't let your energy do this.

The technique is to generate upward moving energy. You can do this in a number of ways, i would really say any way that works for you. If you do a qigong to bring earth energy up from your feet out the top of your head, think of that and invoke that energy for example. Another thing to do is to visualize the energy field of your body staying in one place but vibrating all the energy that you are "breathing", or that isnt yours, in your bottom and out your top. So thats the same idea. Deer have upward moving energy and invoking deer by imagining yourself with deer horns, or walking like a deer, invoking that energy will help. The deer mudra is pointer and pinky extended, middle and ring touch the thumb. This invokes upward moving energy. Feel light, like you have spring in your step. Don't prance about, that attracts a different kind of attention. Be natural and use as little extraneous effort as possible when walking. Keep the mind and intention on light, mobile, upward moving energy. Focus on empty space, not on other people.

When people are stuck in negative, downward patterns, their misery loves company. But when your energy moves upwards, they can not attract to you. It is like north and south nodes of magnets, they repulse. BELIEVE THIS WITH YOUR WHOLE BODY AND MIND. Know that it is true. That is the most important part of it. They may see you out of the corner of their eye but the energy wont be there for them to attract to. They will be subconsciously unable to connect with your energy and will ignore you. They may look at you dead in the face with anger but do not let that change the flow of your energy. Do not engage negative people, just cultivate your own positivity as you focus on empty space and your own upward energy.

As you practice, you will feel people as they affect your upward flow. They will stop it with their attention. It has to be strong, and you have to have a total unyielding refusal to allow their downward flow to entrain you. It is an act of pure rebellion so that is the only real energy expendature. Other than that, it feels really good to do, and it is a way to know about the people around you without looking at them. If anyone notices you and approaches you, they probably have upward moving energy too which comes from good emotions. If people engage you, it should be to smile at you. This way, you know who to engage and who not to. People who want to look for trouble or bump into you or act in a negative or violent way may notice you, but be strong in your technique and do not let them affect the flow of your energy. Have compassion for them, and keep the energy flowing upward. I say it over and over because that is the simple crux of walking through a sea of people and not being noticed.

except maybe in rare instance by other people who have good upward flowing feelings, maybe spiritual practitioners.

have fun! i hope that everyone who reads this tries it because it is a great way to make being out in public into practice! :D :D :D

Nice,..my teacher tells us to just vibrate at a higher frequency. Negative energy is low frequency. By steadfast practice and right fame of mind we start vibrating at progressively higher freqs.

Not to be nitpicky etc but like poles of magnets repel and opposite poles attract.

When people are stuck in negative, downward patterns, their misery loves company. But when your energy moves upwards, they can not attract to you.

This is true.

Also, there actually IS a disappearing effect which can occur. Of course, no one will see it happening to verify that you actually physically disappeared (as far as I know)...but the fact that they don't notice you when they normally should makes it apparent. It's as if you truly become one with Nature (your own true nature, as well as the true nature of your natural or unnatural immediate environment...both of which are of the same essence).

And sometimes the upward flow type thing affects kids, so that they have a lot of fun around you. You may notice that in general, women will be more accepting of your presence, if you're a guy. Maybe even flirty.

You'll get a lot of blank/confused/threatened stares from people who aren't up to speed in terms of consciousness. You don't wish to be around them...and they don't wish to be around you.

Just some things I've noticed from a specific practice.

...although I do like having a downward and rooted flow of energy when there isn't any emotional disturbance. Best of both worlds.

Very important concept to consider, I think, as we move through life.

I don't "practice" as such but I do make it a part of my life whenever I leave my property.

Lao Tzu spoke to this in Chapter 50: (Henricks' translation)

7. You've no doubt heard of those who are good at holding on to life:

8. When walking through hills, they don't avoid rhinos and tigers;

9. When they go into battle, they don't put on armor or shields;

10. The rhino has no place to probe with its horn;

11. The tiger finds no place to put its claws.

12. And weapons find no place to hold their blades.

13. Now, why is this so?

14. Because there is no place for death in them.

Don't know about it attracting women, Hehehe, but it does keep the negative people away.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! ;)

Yes, I know. Tricky concept.

It's not that he cannot physically be killed.

It is more at he never presents himself to be killed. No one, not even the tigers and rhinos find any advantage in his being killed.

(Hehehe. Actually, I considered leaving the last two lines out of the post but then decided to include them because they are an important part of the concept.)

There's a kid in every classroom who seems "quiet", that's his technique and it's superior to this one but it's more destructive

Lao Tzu spoke to this in Chapter 50: (Henricks' translation)

7. You've no doubt heard of those who are good at holding on to life:

8. When walking through hills, they don't avoid rhinos and tigers;

9. When they go into battle, they don't put on armor or shields;

10. The rhino has no place to probe with its horn;

11. The tiger finds no place to put its claws.

12. And weapons find no place to hold their blades.

13. Now, why is this so?

14. Because there is no place for death in them.

Relates to that kid as well, he just lives in a world(or even dimension) where nothing but his goal exists

Just keeping that in mind, he should be killed by tigers by now

There are people who chase happiness but they enjoy their path too much to reach the goal. The goal, of course, will be different from their expectation and they will feel disappointment when their expectations are not met. There are same people who also follow a path and feel happy as each day passes by but they don't need a goal because they are living it.

or something like that

thinking out loud

blaaaaaaaaaaaah

Hungry person sees some awesome food, yaaaaaaaaaay

He finally eats it... whats left?

I would go with' radiate at higher frequency 'as dwai said .

Minding my own buisness literally always helps, negative people are not my buissnes.

I had an incident that happens these days so very rarley if ever where someone started to shout at me very abusevly and had a real emotional fit.

I just kept quiet and disinterested letting whatever needs to be expressed take place ,did not engage and pumped up my vibrations being very aware and paying attention not to take in but radiate. Letting it pass me like that.

Later on in a day I saw a thought trying to come back and engage me in discussion of how unfair was this incident ,again I didnt feel appropriate to engage in that thought as it is nothing but anger and victim mentality that wants some entertainment. Had a little taste and decided that it is not my cuppa any longer, got better things to think about.

So again found a place where this thought is coming from and attention it wants,and sent out a lot of love acknowledging that it is my own choice of what to engage with .

No heat or anger touched me. Just allowing of nature to express herself and accepting it .

And the beat goes on.

• Like 1

or something like that

thinking out loud

blaaaaaaaaaaaah

Hungry person sees some awesome food, yaaaaaaaaaay

He finally eats it... whats left?

Hehehe. Yeah, let us know when you get those thoughts neatly packaged, Okay?

I had an incident that happens these days so very rarley if ever where someone started to shout at me very abusevly and had a real emotional fit.

I just kept quiet and disinterested letting whatever needs to be expressed take place ,did not engage and pumped up my vibrations being very aware and paying attention not to take in but radiate. Letting it pass me like that.

Later on in a day I saw a thought trying to come back and engage me in discussion of how unfair was this incident ,again I didnt feel appropriate to engage in that thought as it is nothing but anger and victim mentality that wants some entertainment. Had a little taste and decided that it is not my cuppa any longer, got better things to think about.

Excellent example!!!

• Like 1

Nice,..my teacher tells us to just vibrate at a higher frequency. Negative energy is low frequency. By steadfast practice and right fame of mind we start vibrating at progressively higher freqs.

Not to be nitpicky etc but like poles of magnets repel and opposite poles attract.

oh thats not nitpicky. Opposites attract, duh, I shouldnt have used that analogy. I was thinking about that as i wrote it too..

thanks

This is true.

Also, there actually IS a disappearing effect which can occur. Of course, no one will see it happening to verify that you actually physically disappeared (as far as I know)...but the fact that they don't notice you when they normally should makes it apparent. It's as if you truly become one with Nature (your own true nature, as well as the true nature of your natural or unnatural immediate environment...both of which are of the same essence).

And sometimes the upward flow type thing affects kids, so that they have a lot of fun around you. You may notice that in general, women will be more accepting of your presence, if you're a guy. Maybe even flirty.

You'll get a lot of blank/confused/threatened stares from people who aren't up to speed in terms of consciousness. You don't wish to be around them...and they don't wish to be around you.

Just some things I've noticed from a specific practice.

...although I do like having a downward and rooted flow of energy when there isn't any emotional disturbance. Best of both worlds.

yeah to all that scotty. women and especially children will smile at me when i do that. and yes there is actual disappearing that can happen, i rest assured :)

@ everyone else: thanks to ppl who advised moving at higher frequency or being positive. That is good advice, and doing this exercise makes me feel positive and high frequency naturally. So that is part of it for me whether i start there or end up there :)

Would that explain why I sometimes get stared through?

I like the ideas on how to deal with "negative" people better. Happens I can't avoid people. I work with people.

I would go with' radiate at higher frequency 'as dwai said .

Minding my own buisness literally always helps, negative people are not my buissnes.

So again found a place where this thought is coming from and attention it wants,and sent out a lot of love acknowledging that it is my own choice of what to engage with .

No heat or anger touched me. Just allowing of nature to express herself and accepting it .

And the beat goes on.

There re prahctical chsllenges being this way though. For eg, you might become invisible at work. Not the best thing to happen if you want to grow careerwise.

Other thing is soon we tend to be alone, except for a few friends who have grown with us...perhaps fellow daoists or other meditators...

In a family too this can happen because the other half might not have interest in such things and this can be a recipe for some intense drama.

There re prahctical chsllenges being this way though. For eg, you might become invisible at work. Not the best thing to happen if you want to grow careerwise.

Other thing is soon we tend to be alone, except for a few friends who have grown with us...perhaps fellow daoists or other meditators...

In a family too this can happen because the other half might not have interest in such things and this can be a recipe for some intense drama.

What I tried to demonstrate was my abilty to act rather to react in that given situation. When a person is having an emotional outburst it is imposibble to talk sense to them and discuss the situation soberly.

Keeping quiet has many shades and I am trying to make sure that it is a 'sort of giving space quietness'as oppose to 'I am punishing becouse you are nasty quietness' or 'I am ignoring you becouse you are stupid' .

This in no way interfiers with my confidence and assertivness. It is not a sort bland door mat behaviour with a hint of cowardiness. It is understanding a situation when it arises and making a choice by having a good insight based on previous expirience.

If I burn myself once I will try and avoid same situation twice.

I would like to add that communication is very important and vital. The time and the place and the tone too. I am a great believer of discussing and making sure that there is no misunderstandings .

It is a recipe for succes in my books instead of disaster as you have suggested.Trying to be OK with the way life expresess in any given situation by radiating instead of grabing and holding or worst storing permanently and learning to choose. Elegance is important haha.

What I tried to demonstrate was my abilty to act rather to react in that given situation. When a person is having an emotional outburst it is imposibble to talk sense to them and discuss the situation soberly.

Keeping quiet has many shades and I am trying to make sure that it is a 'sort of giving space quietness'as oppose to 'I am punishing becouse you are nasty quietness' or 'I am ignoring you becouse you are stupid' .

This in no way interfiers with my confidence and assertivness. It is not a sort bland door mat behaviour with a hint of cowardiness. It is understanding a situation when it arises and making a choice by having a good insight based on previous expirience.

If I burn myself once I will try and avoid same situation twice.

I would like to add that communication is very important and vital. The time and the place and the tone too. I am a great believer of discussing and making sure that there is no misunderstandings .

It is a recipe for succes in my books instead of disaster as you have suggested.Trying to be OK with the way life expresess in any given situation by radiating instead of grabing and holding or worst storing permanently and learning to choose. Elegance is important haha.

Hi suninmyeyes....

I tink you misunderstood. I was referring to vibraing at a higer freq in gneral. I also apologize for my ipad typing...

I was referring to the potential pitfall of becoming a ghost...you can fly under the proverbial radarbut its got its drawbacks too...as i find out from time to time.

Hi suninmyeyes....

I tink you misunderstood. I was referring to vibraing at a higer freq in gneral. I also apologize for my ipad typing...

I was referring to the potential pitfall of becoming a ghost...you can fly under the proverbial radarbut its got its drawbacks too...as i find out from time to time.

What vibrating at higher frequency means to me is being rooted and not spaced out and that is what I try and put in practise. Of course there might be misunderstanding somwhere I suppose as internet communication is not always very procise.

These things really depend on individual personality IMO and where is person coming from. There is no formula for the right way.All depending on emotional - psychological background and various influences in persons life. So I suppose you are right in some cases becoming a ghost would be a real danger.

Nevermind your spelling on ipad, it is brilliant in comparison to my pigeon English and creative grammar.

Edited by suninmyeyes