Sign in to follow this  
Astral_Anima

"Pumping" or "pulsing" sensation

Hey all,

I've been getting this weird sensation. It seems to be at my right ear but kinda inside, like not really in my ear but kinda in my head? or between my head and my ear...either way... it feels like something is pulsating or "pumping" and I honestly have like NO like what that is lol. It only occurs when i'm eating strictly fruit and herbs, so i'm playing with the idea that it has to do with cleansing? It gets especially strong when Kunlun is doing me. Any ideas?

-Astral

Astral my guess would be that it is some kind of tension on physical level. The reason could be anything from an old injury to some emotinal or mental unresolved issue that calls for deeper introspection .

Do you ever hear your pulse in your ear when you lie down to sleep? I get that sometimes. It might be that your pulse is beating stronger, but I couldn't tell you if that's in a good way or too much, or neither.. I don't really know much about it, but if it's worrisome you might want to make sure that the herbs you're taking do not push the heart too much. An herbalist might recommend different herbs to balance them if so, but I wouldn't experiment too much with that... Also, a lot of herbs should not be taken if you have any heart issues, so you should make sure of that too if you have a "herbal regimen."

I get it if I've been in motion a lot (lots of driving, walking, -ing)

I relate it to 'inner ear' fluid balance and heightened sensitivity from meditation/awareness practices.

I've found the muscle-release stuff tends to be a whirring thing that seems to decrease itself if you let it. I've had lots of sacral pulsing but I'd be hard-pushed to declare the cause. I can even do it on purpose now but I guess that's about as smart as flexing anything else :-)

There was an interesting post somewhere here about the basic flexibility/sensitivity of certain body areas. I'd ask Joe Blast. Rainbow Vein had a very cool video of one of her teachers doing some 'spontaneous' stuff.

Usually means you're taking in more energy then your body is accustomed to.

If you train consistently, it won't be long till it stops. But it will come again. Your body will get use to the amount of energy, then when you get better at the practice or put more effort/time into it, more energy than right now will come. And because of that, the same pulsating feeling will come back.

It just means you're progressing, so keep moving. You may feel this alot in meditation, but don't feel alarmed. If gets to be too much just stop and take a breather. If you sit through most of the pulsating, you'll realize it will barely come back. Until you gain more energy than your body is use to at this point.

Back when I did breath retention. I'd have people on the same couch as me feel the pulsating you're talking about and say "Is that you!?" from the other side of the couch. It's more often to happen in practice, but happens in normal day to day life aswell.

Neichuan

Edited by NeiChuan

Hey all,

I've been getting this weird sensation. It seems to be at my right ear but kinda inside, like not really in my ear but kinda in my head? or between my head and my ear...either way... it feels like something is pulsating or "pumping" and I honestly have like NO like what that is lol. It only occurs when i'm eating strictly fruit and herbs, so i'm playing with the idea that it has to do with cleansing? It gets especially strong when Kunlun is doing me. Any ideas?

-Astral

I used to have this kind of pulsing when I would eat something with a lot of fat. As sugars (fructose from fruit) and fats are interchangeable in the body, your pulsing could be a reaction on fructose from fruit.

astral, how's your kidney yin? how burns the mingmen fire? the kidneys open into the ears. while idquest might be on to a bit of something I am inclined to think it is not the same phenomena, that sounds a little more exterior and GB8-9ey, LV-ey as opposed to something deeper and more internal. I was a swimmer when I was young and went outside without a hat plenty often and had some bad otitis media, so the ear-burst-pump however you want to describe it is something I've felt before but havent really been able to put quite a finger on it either, not that it has happened often or recently enough for me to have investigated it much, but I will take a trip back in time and ponder it.

astral, how's your kidney yin? how burns the mingmen fire? the kidneys open into the ears. while idquest might be on to a bit of something I am inclined to think it is not the same phenomena, that sounds a little more exterior and GB8-9ey, LV-ey as opposed to something deeper and more internal. I was a swimmer when I was young and went outside without a hat plenty often and had some bad otitis media, so the ear-burst-pump however you want to describe it is something I've felt before but havent really been able to put quite a finger on it either, not that it has happened often or recently enough for me to have investigated it much, but I will take a trip back in time and ponder it.

Haha you'll have to forgive me, I don't understand TCM concepts. I do know my kidneys (and general digestive system) are weak, have been since birth, been taking some herbs for it recently.

-Astral

I remember being like that. Not knowing my TCM and inner body. But i just like to sit and forget that I know anything.

Just like now I don't remember speaking chinese or how to read it....

Sign in to follow this