spiraltao

Living proof that qigong works!

Thanks, Oldgreen.

I am happy that someone read my post!

So much love here, so many good feelings, so little chi kung for so much happiness.

• Like 1

Nice post, congrats on your recovery. I didn't know Bagua had those sorts of healing capabilities I thought it was more martial, I might check it out.

Nice post, congrats on your recovery. I didn't know Bagua had those sorts of healing capabilities I thought it was more martial, I might check it out.

First off, thanks!

I my opine, baguazhang is a qigong in itself. Virtually every posture could be held as a stand alone qigong! Each movement when done correctly activates certain points via twisting and turning to achieve better health. Grandmaster Rick Pickens said this, "One thing I am sure of, circle walking will make you live longer!"

Don't get me wrong, I do believe Zhan Zhuang played a big role as well, I highly recommend Lam Kam Chuen's book Chi Kung The Way of Power. ...or one could check out his series, "Stand Still, Be Fit" on youtube, just search for the phrase in quotations.

I feel like a living ad for bagua. I have yet to use it for combat and sure hope that I never have to. I learned with wing chun that one has to understand the art in a realistic fashion, as applied to one's self to be successful. ...my sifu said if one doubts their technique than they are already doomed. However, if one has confidence in their techniques then they will most likely be executed properly (the teks, not the opponent, lol). Bagua is the most lethal style I have ever seen.

• Like 2

How does Bagua influence your emotions? Can it help integrate your emotional body and help you open up and face hidden emotions? One of my fears about doing any martial approach is that it that it will make me hard rather than soft, as I think the real core strength is if it makes you softer and more open rather than tougher and more rigid.

I have heard mentioned by Bruce Frantzis that there is fighting Bagua and there is spiritual Bagua I wonder if both have the same outcome and what their differences are, does anyone know?

How does Bagua influence your emotions? Can it help integrate your emotional body and help you open up and face hidden emotions? One of my fears about doing any martial approach is that it that it will make me hard rather than soft, as I think the real core strength is if it makes you softer and more open rather than tougher and more rigid.

I have heard mentioned by Bruce Frantzis that there is fighting Bagua and there is spiritual Bagua I wonder if both have the same outcome and what their differences are, does anyone know?

Well in my opinion, they can be one in the same. As far as I know baguazhang is the only strictly Taoist martial art know to us here in the west.

It sounds like bagua is just what u need, jetsun. Bagua uses both the yin and the yang to achieve first, a physical balance, then one takes it to a spiritual level. The circle walking in itself is a meditation and longevity exercise. Zerostao said that Lao Xie advised keeping a journal once you begin your circle walking. That is where the transformation begins.

Bagua defies rigidness, it adapts and yields to the opponent. It will not make you hard! It will open your heart! As for facing hidden or deep seated emotions, I can only say it helped me on that end.

The great thing about the baguazhang is if one just learns, say, an iron shirt form. ...and is instructed on how to do the movements correctly; then you will get stronger bones, better flexibility and a more calm mind. This is without ever learning the combat applications, although this wouldn't really be learning baguazhang, but qigong in my opinion.

Check out some of Lao Xie's (Chris Matsuo) dvds from Dragon Gate Sanctuary. If you can't afford them, check out every single clip as there is a whole lot to learn there alone. Same with Erle Montagu (bless his kind soul).

If price is an issue, check out baguaman8 on youtube. Its Kent Howard, he is as a master should be, humble and earnest. He explains some very important concepts in regards to how yin/yang relates to the baguazhang movement.s

I hope this helped. Baguazhang can and will lead to transformation!

Heaven palm poem

"The essence of life is a circle

The essence of a circle is impermanance

the essence of impermanance is change

The essence of change is Transformation"

Exerpt from Dvd Title : Heart of bagua dragongatesanctuary.com

Grandmaster Lao xie Christopher Lee Matsuo

Dragon Gate Sanctuary

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U-nd0oYwnTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 2

Below are links to some youtube videos that I eventually learned the techniques from. Hope this helps get u into BGZ, Jetsun.

http://youtu.be/U-nd0oYwnTM-Lao Xie

http://youtu.be/WOfDQn_DGrw-Lao Xie

http://youtu.be/qIbSndpSPtU-Kent Howard

http://youtu.be/NiSK0egy8ig-Kent Howard

@ RAINBOW VEIN

Hi J. :) I don't want to get off topic here, but I'd be curious (perhaps someone could start another thread) to delve into the veracity of your statement. (I do not know the history of baguazhang, but have been interested for some time.) :)

Sure thing, Rainbow! I will do some more research and ask some questions, as my knowledge is most likely not extensive enough. :D

• Like 1

I wonder if I could benefit from qigong. And in what ways.

Currently I'm pretty healthy and enjoy life. I do continue to practice music and sometimes jogging to improve heart, feels great. When I jog, I feel the pain of fat burning very strongly in the kidney areas. Its because I'm low fat, plus I'm not used to being active. Oh, and I could always use mental improvements.

Currently I think I should just continue running so that my body addepts. Do you guys think I need qigong?

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Jaysahnztao,

i appreciate the kind words and to have been mentioned in the same sentence with those giants , well thanks ,

BUT you are the one who deserves the credit, YOU are the one who has perervered and made this happen.

great news however you look at itbiggrin.gif i could not be happier for you and you have earned it thru your merit,patience,pererverence and practice.

when i first met you , what i noticed was you were sincere, humble, patient and had a genuine desire to achieve. these are all key ingredients. you had and still have a passion for this and you have made it into your lifestyle.

you continue to inspire me. i think you also understand you are fabulously lucky to be around scott h, ricky p, all of those other great players in your neck of the woods.

ok now, tongue.gif do not rest on your laurels, keep playing and keep fighting!!smile.gif

i reckon we both have more we can share with each other.

• Like 4

Right on my taobum brother! We do have much to share.

Moving to one legged ZZ postures. Been in the normal ones for over a year now.

Also I just wanted to express my feelings of joy and love that I get as feedback here. It is very inspirational to have all the encouragement. I hope to be able to help other bums some day!

Proudly displaying my "HEART ON!"

Edited by jaysahnztao

I am not being arrogant, but I feel better than I have since I was in my early twenties...

There is no way to hide my excitement and express the joy in my heart with words.

I must thank my god, my sifu, Zerostao, Lao Xie, Ray Carbullido, Kent Howard, Kenneth Cohen and Dr. Yang Jwing Ming and Master Liang Shou Yu. Not mention Frank Allen. Each person listed above played a pivotal role in my transformation.

Good to hear that Bagua is helping your healing process. But don't stop there, there is much more to it; you need to find out where Bagua will take you; and remember the sky is the limit!

Good luck.

Congrats on your success, this is very encouraging. I got interested in internal arts only a while ago for health reasons (I have a sick liver too). My condition is not life threatening and I have a solid hope that it won't become that way either if I do my part. :-)

I have a sick liver too

Don't worry, you are not the only one...modern society is disconnected from the spirit...unfortunately.

The whole planet needs a big healing therapy.

Edited by Gerard

Gerard, this is only the beginning of my journey. My goal is to strive forward each and every day. I want to reach a spiritual healing of this caliber.

I can already tell it has helped my spirit as is, but my thirst will not be quenched for baguazhang in this lifetime, at least i don't think it will.

Judo Trend, I laugh often!

Thanks to all of you whom have wished me well.

To anyone that might not be practicing some form of chi kung (qigong) I advise you to get out there and do it! You can feel better and you will thru clean living and chi kung.

/

If price is an issue, check out baguaman8 on youtube. Its Kent Howard, he is as a master should be, humble and earnest. He explains some very important concepts in regards to how yin/yang relates to the baguazhang movement.s

I hope this helped. Baguazhang can and will lead to transformation!

Great story jaysahntao ! An inspiration to anyone.

I was only thinking the other day about adding some Bagua to my practices, maybe even just circle walking.

Do you think it's possible to learn it from these online videos ?

Yes and no, on the yes side, I do feel it is possible. However, I think one needs a good book like Kent Howard's Wang Shujin' Connected Palms or Dr. Yang Jwing Ming/Ling Shou Yu's Baguazhang Theory and Application. For simplicity and ease of comprehension I recommend checking out Erle Montaigue's video's.

On the NO side, one needs a teacher who has already been taught and understands the concepts of the art to make sure one is doing them correctly.

So yes, you could learn the movments but few videos especially the free ones cover EVERYTHING one might wonder, speaking for myself.

Chris Matsuo and Ray Carbullido have some great clips as well.