Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Stuffy/running Nose, Allergies/cold-like Nose Help?

Any tips for how to cure that?

I tried the lung sound, and som (physical) steam (seems to help). Still, I havent gotten rid of this damn sneezing and whatnot. <_<

Edited by GrandTrinity

when i started using our netipot, it dried my sinuses a bit, which were typically runny. my sinuses felt really open and perfectly moisturized. i was happy with the results. but a few weeks later i stopped using it. we were in Mississippi and used some tap water in the pot. even after a thorough cleaning it would still burn me when i used it. after some time passed, i had forgotten to start using it again. now i'm reminded! so, thanks!

Capsaicin loaded nose spray, interesting. You could use it to clear your nose and self defense.

Many papers will list ragweed, mold and various spore counts on the weather page. This is a last hurrah for some plant species. See if you can find a correlation between very high, say, mold count and your allergies. That won't help you but it will give you something to blame it on, as well as being able to predict next season when it will hit you. In Chicago mold is currently 19,800 considered high, but lower then the 25,000 level that hits me.

Get a good air purifier. Try some cheap psudoepinephrin, sold over the counter in any drug stores. In tests it works as well as prescription brands. It should dry you up too.

Michael

In addition to other suggestions - I have found moving chi ball up and down front helps. You can pause out from face and feel how energy is there. Also I find paying extra attention to chi massage after chi gung practice or meditation helps - closing the energy gates. This decreases sensitivity to external energies.

that neti angle is good, I just do it with tap water and snort it out of my hand. It is painful but the osmotic pressure is such that it purges the sinuses nicely. If you have more time, mix up a bit of salt so it tastes like your sinuses and snort that. Not painful.

Try chopping up a raw clove of garlic and swig it down--that'll might help too. Just don't mix with pop rocks and Pepsi...

How boutsa cold?

Drink some ginger tea: with a pinch of cayenne pepper, half a squeezed lemon, and about 1.5 inches of sliced ginger. Steep for 4 hours in a 1 quart mason jar. Drink 2-3 times a day.

Have you tried Spring Forest Qigong? Whenever I do it my allergies don't act up as much, if at all, for that day. The active exercises work better than the sitting meditation, but both do help my allergies when I do them. I suppose if I did it continuously for 100 days it might open up my channels and cure it permanently....

Another thing you can do is simply take a Vitamin C supplement every morning.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on this topic? I am struggling with Allergies, right now.

Hi,
I second DaoChild's ginger tea, with or without the other ingredients.
Also, if you haven't tried a neti pot yet, now's the time. Amazing relief.
Vegetable juice fasting, or any cleansing process can also help a lot for
a longer term solution.

It's possible to cure it just using your mind without much physical effort.

But to do that, your beliefs have to be working with you and not against you. If you believe the cause of your condition if physical, then the mind will be out of the jurisdiction of the problem. So in order to give the mind access to your condition, you have to believe your condition is not physical in nature. How to change belief is another topic though.

Now, assuming your beliefs are not going against you...

When you want to sneeze, relax. Do not lean into the sensation of oncoming sneezing. Instead observe the sensation with the mindset of "dear body, if you want to sneeze, that's fine, but don't expect me to help and don't expect me to do it for you... so sneeze on your own if you must." When you can entertain this state of mind what happens is that the body fizzles out. Why? Because the body can't act without mind at all! That's why. But by allowing the body to try to act on its own if it wants to, you're working from the point of view of harmony. So you maintain your spiritual integrity by stating that you won't be helping the sneezing, and at the same time, you're not oppressing the body and you're not tyrannizing your body. You allow your body to be what it is while you are what you are. Then the sneezing invariably stops. Doing this consistently takes a little practice. You need to have resolve and your beliefs have to work with you and not against you.

As you use this approach to drain the significant sneezing fits of energy, your focus shifts to deeper issues. Do not reject the world. Do not reject the body or the pollen. All particles are beautiful and clean. All bacteria is clean and harmless. All appearances are harmless and playful. Stop the rejection. Stop the fighting. Relax. Enjoy. And slowly but surely your allergy will be nothing but a fond memory of a learning experience rather than a memory of useless suffering.

Edited by goldisheavy

One more thing...

Do you pick your nose? Do you pick it a lot? Do you rip nose hairs out of it?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, you may need to either stop or minimize some of those activities, especially the nose picking one.

Also, if you blow your nose a lot, you need to reduce that too.

Allow your nose to drip on your chin if you must. You may not want to look like that at work, but it's fine at home. Let your nose be itself, don't try to clean it too much.

Also, when you need to blow it, blow it gently and don't indulge in it! Don't enjoy blowing your nose too much. If you can have the guts to do this, close one nostril and gently yet assuredly blow the other one straight on the grass. You'll feel much much better right away, but in general, don't over-blow your nose and don't touch it outside or inside with your fingers. Don't push on it etc.

Also, if your nose gets plugged up, try to save some pee and use a dropper to put some drops into your nose. To save pee you need a clean cup, then pee for the count of 3-5 into the toilet, then pee into the cup, then pee the remainder back into the toilet again. To clean the cup you can boil water in it in the microwave then toss the water. To clean the dropper, you can boil it too.

But remember, the mind is supreme! If you want lasting health, pay attention to how you feel, think, believe! Kindness is what heals. Feel kindness and allow it to penetrate your being, including the affected areas, like your nose, etc.

Edited by goldisheavy

Sign in to follow this