konchog uma

Dr Yang, Jwing-Ming's Embryonic Breathing

Hi, my taiji/qigong teacher recommends i learn embryonic breathing so i ordered Dr Yangs book from amazon.

Has anyone else done this practice? Can you share your experience?

I'm excited cause my teacher was a student of Yang's and can teach me and talk with me about it. So thats a bonus. But I would rather hear about other peoples experiences than talk about that!

I don't know about the Embryonic breathing specifically, but I have a couple of Yang Jwing-Ming's other books. Very thorough. Depending on what books you have, there may be some significant overlap when it comes to history/theory. But other than that, very detailed oriented. I understand he has an engineering background, so when he explores a subject.... he's exploring EVERYTHING in that subject.

I prefer having more details than I know what to do with, so I love the books of his that I have. It helps me piece together other stuff that I read from other writers who are light on the details because they don't want to "scare people off" :rolleyes:

As long as ChiDragon stays away from the thread, you'll likely get some good advice.

I recall one disciple stating how his master had mastered this breathing so he could stay underwater for an hour.

I have this book as well as many of his others. He does not give a strict guideline for the method and says to read the translations. I look forward to comments in this thread.

• Like 3

hi anamatva,

Here is My link to a topic raised in the book club section of TTB about it. There is also a thread in the General discussion about YJM...

You can also have a look in the qigong subsection of YMAA forum. Joeblast who have a deep practice of it gives also some account of his experiences there.

As for me I found the DVD useful as an entry point to the practice because the book is thick. I don't know what are your previous experiences and practice but I suggest you already have some background in qigong before going into it.

DB, sounds like a k-thing to me. I'm in "everything is a nail" mood. But i have experienced it a couple of times without doing so on purpose.

It's mentioned in that Bodhri pdf i linked to elsewhere. The practice, i figure, helps you differentiate between different types of respiration (and, especially for Chi dragon;-)) between chi and air. If you think about it, the act of breathing is pretty weird. i was thinking, yes the body needs a pumping action to circulate, that's what this air-breathing stuff is for, to create a vacuum so you can do it unconsciously. But that's just a strange idea I had...

It's mentioned in that Bodhri pdf i linked to elsewhere. The practice, i figure, helps you differentiate between different types of respiration and... between chi and air. If you think about it, the act of breathing is pretty weird. i was thinking, yes the body needs a pumping action to circulate, that's what this air-breathing stuff is for, to create a vacuum so you can do it unconsciously. But that's just a strange idea I had...

Hey, K

When you're talking aboutdifferent types of respiration, are you talking about chi respiration (or different kinds of chi circulation) different from breathing? Or maybe I should say breathing as only one kind of respiration, the air chi? Sorry, I'm not being very clear what I'm trying to ask. Let me try from another direction...

Lately, doing the tai chi ruler practice, it's very clear there is a chi circulation from the heels/feet that is very palpable but not linked to breathing/ respiration. I CAN link the two, but they are separate phenomena. I have been calling that a chi pumping action from a rocking action in the feet, and I'm really interested in anybody's description of similar observation, maybe even with light chi from the eyes, or heaven chi from baihui. Pumps for other kinds or sources of chi. Is that what you're talking about? Is that what your Bodhri link refers to? (I tried to find the link you mention, but the search function is fairly hopeless with my slow computer. When I have time I'll plow through that long Bodhri thread on circulation being a waste of time to see if I can find it.)

Thank you for any clues!

Hey, K

When you're talking aboutdifferent types of respiration, are you talking about chi respiration (or different kinds of chi circulation) different from breathing? Or maybe I should say breathing as only one kind of respiration, the air chi? Sorry, I'm not being very clear what I'm trying to ask. Let me try from another direction...

Lately, doing the tai chi ruler practice, it's very clear there is a chi circulation from the heels/feet that is very palpable but not linked to breathing/ respiration. I CAN link the two, but they are separate phenomena. I have been calling that a chi pumping action from a rocking action in the feet, and I'm really interested in anybody's description of similar observation, maybe even with light chi from the eyes, or heaven chi from baihui. Pumps for other kinds or sources of chi. Is that what you're talking about? Is that what your Bodhri link refers to? (I tried to find the link you mention, but the search function is fairly hopeless with my slow computer. When I have time I'll plow through that long Bodhri thread on circulation being a waste of time to see if I can find it.)

Thank you for any clues!

I have experienced it too...the heel breath rises from the feet like a wave....it feels like moisture slowly rising up a paper till it rises all the way up to the crown point...and nonlocalized...it is everywhere at the same time. It happens when i stand in preparation form for 15-20 mins at a stretch. Is it respiration or something else...dont know. One thing is thst this happens invountarily and everything from that point ( after it rises completely to the top) is pronounced. The opposites become evident...what george tells us about feeling the 8 directions becomes palpable. The energy can be felt riding the body from back leg through shoulders to hands to palms to finger tips while simultaneously a wave descends in the opposite diretion instantaneously.

hi anamatva,

As for me I found the DVD useful as an entry point to the practice because the book is thick. I don't know what are your previous experiences and practice but I suggest you already have some background in qigong before going into it.

yeah the dvd is helpful so far but i really want the book. thanks for the link, that thread is helpful. i gather that its a valuable and legitimate practice, so i look forward to beginning it.

i have never studied qigong formally before a month ago, but my teacher practices this (he is a yang lineage holder) and he was talking to me about my meditation practices and energy practices and he seemed to think that i was ready for it. ?? so i take you seriously, but i think i can trust my teacher. as far as qigong foundation i have only previously worked with cleaning and charging the 3 dan tiens, and opening and circulating the small orbit.

i have been doing qigong in my backyard every day (and other places too!) so soon i will have a better foundation :D :D but for now all i can say is i appreciate your advice but i think i will continue anyway since my teacher recommends it after talking to me about where i'm at.

As long as ChiDragon stays away from the thread, you'll likely get some good advice.

do not derail my train! ahhaha

I recall one disciple stating how his master had mastered this breathing so he could stay underwater for an hour.

isn't that a daoist legend of one of the immortals who could do such things? Not to discredit the idea of others being able to do it, just checking

I have this book as well as many of his others. He does not give a strict guideline for the method and says to read the translations. I look forward to comments in this thread.

yeah my teacher said to read the book but i won't get it without him showing me ??? i thought he was being guru-ish but now i guess it makes a little more sense now. Thats good i was thinking that was weird.

Hey, K

Thank you for any clues!

Yep, I'm talking about being able to isolate different types of (what I'd call) 'respiration'. But that term has a very specific medical/scientific meaning so I'd probably best not use it or I'll get slapped on the wrist. Kidding, better to be precise ;-)

Here's the link to the pdf http://www.meditatio...com/Stages2.pdf (scroll down to very end)

Yes, the two are linked. And I was thinking about it again this morning, it's a good thing IMO that air-breathing is unconscious :lol: If it wasn't, I'm probably one of those people who would forget to do it. :huh: Sometimes I forget to have lunch.

Hi anamatva, I recently got the book you're referring to myself and so far I like it very much. The theory is described in detail and probably gives you a good picture of EB. There's also a lot of important ancient documents related to the practice in the book. Yang translated them himself and offers his commentaries as well, since some of the documents (well, for me most of them) are hard to comprehend.

I've been practicing the embryonic breathing only for a few weeks now, but I feel I've already make some (small) progress. So good luck to you :)

isn't that a daoist legend of one of the immortals who could do such things? Not to discredit the idea of others being able to do it, just checking

Baopuzi, The Master who Embraces Simplicity, written by He Gong said in Shi Zhi (Unblocking the Stagnation):

"Fetal breathing, the way of conducting Qi, enables those to do such incredible things. The master of fetal breathing breaths in and out without using the nose and mouth as a fetus breaths in the uterus; he has adopted this skill since that time.

At the beginning of learning to conduct Qi, breathe in through the nose first, hold it, calm your mind and count from 1 to 120, then breathe out through the mouth gently. Breathing in and out must be so gentle that you cannot hear any sound of your breathing. Exhale more slightly and gently than inhaling so that a feather placed in front of your nose and mouth won't move (the motionless feather indicates no air is flowing). Carry on practicing and increase the counting number to 1000, then you will rejuvenate day after day.

. . .

I used to follow my grandfather who could stay under water for more than a whole day when we were drunk or at the height of summer because we were able to do fetal breathing. "

I used to follow my grandfather who could stay under water for more than a whole day when we were drunk or at the height of summer because we were able to do fetal breathing.

Yes, sure.

Edited by ChiDragon

Hi anamatva. :) YJM's book is an enjoyable read. It's one of my favorite books by the side of the toilet. ^_^ The passages translated from the old books are helpful to me as a contemplative practice.

{For practical purposes, I do not utilize any teachings from this book. Once I started my stillness-movement practice, much of what YJM shares unfolded spontaneously from my practice. Reading his teachings, at this time, is not necessary for me to advance in my breathing practice.}

So you actually do Embryonic Breathing? It happens spontaneously due to your stillness-movement practice? This is a part of your Taiji practice?

Edited by realfastcat

Baopuzi, The Master who Embraces Simplicity, written by He Gong said in Shi Zhi (Unblocking the Stagnation):

"Fetal breathing, the way of conducting Qi, enables those to do such incredible things. The master of fetal breathing breaths in and out without using the nose and mouth as a fetus breaths in the uterus; he has adopted this skill since that time.

At the beginning of learning to conduct Qi, breathe in through the nose first, hold it, calm your mind and count from 1 to 120, then breathe out through the mouth gently. Breathing in and out must be so gentle that you cannot hear any sound of your breathing. Exhale more slightly and gently than inhaling so that a feather placed in front of your nose and mouth won't move (the motionless feather indicates no air is flowing). Carry on practicing and increase the counting number to 1000, then you will rejuvenate day after day.

. . .

I used to follow my grandfather who could stay under water for more than a whole day when we were drunk or at the height of summer because we were able to do fetal breathing. "

i am not trying to be difficult, i promise. But there is a difference between a fetus and an embryo, so maybe there is a difference between Fetal breathing and Embryonic breathing.

i dont know, thats just my first thought.

i wonder if doing this is gonna bring back a lot of childhood memories. I'm ready for that. It'll be good to let go of that stuff if it comes up.

This Dr. is a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering. Not a medical Doctor. Please don't get the wrong impression.

Edited by ChiDragon

This Dr. is a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering. Not a medical Doctor. Please don't get the wrong impression.

What is the wrong impression?

How do you stack up against him:

http://ymaa.com/publishing/authors/dr.yang_jwing-ming

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming

Learning With The Grandmasters

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming (楊俊敏博士) started his Gongfu (Kung Fu) training at the age of fifteen under the Shaolin White Crane (Bai He) Master Cheng, Gin Gsao (曾金灶). In thirteen years of study (1961-1974) under Master Cheng, Dr. Yang became an expert in the White Crane style of Chinese martial arts, which includes both the use of bare hands and of various weapons such as saber, staff, spear, trident, two short rods, and many others. With the same master he also studied White Crane Qin Na (or Chin Na), Tui Na and Dian Xue massages, and herbal treatment.

At the age of sixteen, Dr. Yang began the study of Taijiquan (Yang Style) under Master Kao, Tao (高濤). Dr. Yang's tai chi can be traced back to the Yang family through Master Kao's teacher Yue, Huanzhi (樂奐之), an indoor disciple of Yang, Chengfu (楊澄甫). After learning from Master Kao, Dr. Yang continued his study and research of Taijiquan with several masters and senior practitioners such as Master Li, Mao-Ching (李茂 清) and Mr. Wilson Chen in Taipei. Master Li learned his Taijiquan from the well-known Master Han, Ching-Tang, and Mr. Chen learned his Taijiquan from Master Chang, Xiang-San. Dr. Yang has mastered the Taiji barehand sequence, pushing hands, the two-man fighting sequence, Taiji sword, Taiji saber, and Taiji Qigong.

Becoming a Teacher

When Dr. Yang was eighteen years old he entered Tamkang College in Taipei Xian to study Physics and also began the study of traditional Shaolin Long Fist (Changquan or Chang Chuan) with Master Li, Mao-Ching at the Tamkang College Guoshu Club (1964-1968). He eventually became an assistant instructor under Master Li. In 1971 he completed his M.S. degree in Physics at the National Taiwan University and then served in the Chinese Air Force from 1971 to 1972. In the service, Dr. Yang taught Physics at the Junior Academy of the Chinese Air Force while also teaching Wushu. After being honorably discharged in 1972, he returned to Tamkang College to teach Physics and resumed study under Master Li, Mao-Ching. From Master Li, Dr. Yang learned Northern style Gongfu, which includes both barehand techniques, especially kicking, and numerous weapons.

Ph.D in 1978

In 1974, Dr. Yang came to the United States to study Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University. At the request of a few students, Dr. Yang began to teach Gongfu (Kung Fu), which resulted in the foundation of the Purdue University Chinese Kung Fu Research Club in the spring of 1975. While at Purdue, Dr. Yang also taught college-credited courses in Taijiquan. In May, 1978 he was awarded a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering by Purdue.

Yang's Martial Arts Association was established in Boston, MA in 1982. With the intent of preserving traditional Chinese Kung Fu and Qigong , Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming began training students in the rigors of Shaolin Long Fist and White Crane Gongfu as well as Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan. Currently, YMAA is an international organization, including 56 schools in Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Chile, France, Holland, Hungary, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In the early 80's, Dr. Yang wrote several books, published by Unique Publications. In 1984, Dr. Yang retired from his engineering career, to undertake his life-long dream of teaching and researching the Chinese arts and introducing them to the West through many books, videos and DVDs.

Becoming an Author

Founded in 1984, YMAA Publication Center has published many of Dr. Yang's groundbreaking books and videos, and is a pioneer in the cultural exchange between the East and West. While the West has successfully developed the material sciences, the East is celebrated for its levels of spiritual cultivation. During this ongoing period of exchange, the building of bridges is critical for the successful integration of the achievements of both societies. His books and videos have been translated into French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Dutch, Bulgarian, Russian, Hungarian, Portuguese, Croatian, German, and Farsi.

In summary, Dr. Yang has been involved in Chinese Gongfu since 1961. During this time, he has spent 13 years learning Shaolin White Crane (Bai He), Shaolin Long Fist (Changquan), and Taijiquan. Dr. Yang has more than thirty years of instructional experience: seven years in Taiwan, five years at Purdue University, two years in Houston, TX, and 24 years in Boston, MA. On November 29, 2005, Dr. Yang conferred the title of Taiji Master to one of his senior students (Roger Whidden)for the first time, which by tradition bestows the honorable title of Grandmaster upon Dr. Yang.

Worldwide Acclaim

Throughout the year, Dr. Yang travels between YMAA International Branch and Provisional schools worldwide. He also frequently travels within America and around the world presenting lectures and seminars on Chinese martial arts and Qigong. He has visited Argentina, Austria, Barbados, Botswana, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, China, Chile, England, Egypt, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, and Venezuela. Dr. Yang has published over 35 books and more than 50 videos on the martial arts and Qigong. Currently he is president of Yang's Oriental Arts Association, Boston, MA.

Since 2004, Dr. Yang has worked to develop the nonprofit YMAA Retreat Center, a training facility in Humboldt County, CA, where he is training a select group of students in a comprehensive 10-year program.

He continues to offer seminars, in California, Boston, and around the world.

Offices

President of Yangs Martial Arts Association, YMAA International.

Board of Directors of YMAA Publication Center

Vice President of the International Wushu-San Shou Dao Association

Co-Leader of the 1994 North American Martial Arts Demo Team

Honorary Member of the American Shiatsu Association

Honorary Advisor of the Martial Arts of China Historical Society

Honorable Appointee to the Eastern U.S. Kung-Fu Federation

Awards

Prix Bushido, French Book Award, 1st Place, 1997

Inside Kung Fu Magazine - Man of the Year 1990

Black Belt Magazine - Kung Fu Artist of the Year 2003

Inside Kung Fu Magazine - Man of the Year 2007

Martial Arts Publisher of the Year 2008 by the 11th World Congress on Qigong and TCM, Dr. Effie Chow and the American Qigong Association

Dr. Yang can be contacted by e-mail.

BOOKS

• Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na 2nd ed.: Instructor's Manual for all Martial Styles
  • Ancient Chinese Weapons: A Martial Artist's Guide
  • Arthritis Relief 3rd ed.: Chinese Qigong for Healing and Prevention
  • Back Pain Relief: Chinese Qigong for Healing and Prevention
  • Baguazhang- Theory and Applications, revised edition
  • Baguazhang-Theory and Applications 1st edition
  • Children's Storybook - Fox Borrows the Tiger's Awe
  • Children's Storybook - Mask of the King
  • Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na
  • Eight Simple Qigong Exercises for Health: The Eight Pieces of Brocade
  • Essence of Shaolin White Crane: Martial Power and Qigong
  • Essence of Taiji Qigong: The Internal Foundation of Taijiquan
  • Northern Shaolin Sword: Forms, Techniques & Applications
  • Qigong for Health and Martial Arts- Exercises and Meditation
  • Qigong Massage: Fundamental Techniques for Health and Relaxation
  • Qigong Meditation- Embryonic Breathing
  • Qigong Meditation: Small Circulation, The Root of Spiritual Enlightment
  • Qigong, the Secret of Youth- Da Mo's Muscle Tendon Changing & Marrow Brain Washing Classics
  • Tai Chi Ball Qigong - For Health and Martial Arts
  • Tai Chi Chuan Classical Yang Style, The Complete Form and Qigong
  • Tai Chi Chuan Martial Applications: Advanced Yang Style 2nd ed.
  • Tai Chi Secrets of the Ancient Masters: Selected Readings with Commentary
  • Tai Chi Secrets of the Wu & Li Styles: Chinese Classics, Translations, Commentary
  • Tai Chi Secrets of the Wu Style: Chinese Classics, Translations, Commentary
  • Tai Chi Secrets of the Yang Style: Chinese Classics, Translations, Commentary
  • Tai Chi Theory and Martial Power: Advanced Yang Style 2nd ed.
  • Taiji Chin Na: The Seizing Art of Taijiquan
  • Taiji Sword Classical Yang Style: The Complete Form, Qigong, and Applications
  • Taijiquan Classical Yang Style: The Complete Form and Qigong
  • Taijiquan Theory of Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming: The Root of Taijiquan
  • The Root of Chinese Qigong: Secrets for Health, Longevity, and Enlightenment
  • Xingyiquan: Theory, Applications, Fighting Tactics, and Spirit

DVDs

• Advanced Practical Chin Na In-Depth
  • Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na
  • Chin Na In Depth Courses 1 - 4
  • Chin Na In Depth Courses 5 - 8
  • Chin Na In Depth Courses 9 - 12
  • Eight Simple Qigong Exercises for Health - The Eight Brocades
  • Emei Baguazhang (8 Trigrams Palm Kung Fu)
  • Essence of Taiji Qigong
  • Five Animal Sports Qigong
  • Five Animal Sports Qigong
  • Knife Defense - Traditional Applications
  • Knife Defense - Traditional Techniques Against Dagger
  • Kung Fu Body Conditioning
  • Northern Shaolin Sword
  • Qigong Massage
  • Saber Fundamental Training
  • Shaolin Kung Fu Fundamental Training
  • Shaolin Long Fist Kung Fu Basic Sequences
  • Shaolin Saber Basic Sequences
  • Shaolin Staff Basic Sequences
  • Shaolin White Crane Gong Fu Basic Training 3 & 4
  • Shaolin White Crane Gong Fu Basic Training Courses 1 & 2
  • Shaolin White Crane Gong Fu Basic Training Courses 3 & 4
  • Shaolin White Crane Hard and Soft Qigong
  • Shuai Jiao - Kung Fu Wrestling
  • Simple Qigong Exercises for Arthritis Relief
  • Simple Qigong Exercises for Arthritis Relief
  • Simple Qigong Exercises for Back Pain Relief
  • Sword Fundamental Training
  • Tai Chi Ball Qigong DVD 1
  • Tai Chi Ball Qigong DVD 2
  • Tai Chi Chuan Classical Yang Style (long form Taijiquan)
  • Tai Chi Chuan Classical Yang Style (long form Taijiquan)
  • Taiji & Shaolin Staff Fundamental Training
  • Taiji 37-Postures Martial Applications
  • Taiji Chin Na in Depth 2-DVD set
  • Taiji Fighting Set - 88 Posture, 2-Person Matching Set
  • Taiji Fighting Set - 88 Posture, 2-Person Matching Set
  • Taiji Pushing Hands Courses 1 & 2
  • Taiji Pushing Hands Courses 3 & 4
  • Taiji Saber, Classical Yang Style
  • Taiji Sword, Classical Yang Style
  • Taiji Sword, Classical Yang Style
  • Taiji Wrestling - Advanced Takedown Techniques
  • Taiji Yin/Yang Sticking Hands
  • Taiji Yin/Yang Sticking Hands
  • Understanding Qigong DVD 1: What is Qigong? Understanding the Human Qi Circulatory System
  • Understanding Qigong DVD 2: Keypoints of Qigong & Qigong Breathing
  • Understanding Qigong DVD 2: Keypoints of Qigong & Qigong Breathing
  • Understanding Qigong DVD 3: Embryonic Breathing
  • Understanding Qigong DVD 4: Four Seasons Qigong
  • Understanding Qigong DVD 5: Small Circulation
  • Understanding Qigong DVD 6: Martial Arts Qigong Breathing
  • Xingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan)
  • YMAA 25-Year Anniversary 2-DVD Set

VHS Videos

• Advanced Practical Chin Na V1
  • Advanced Practical Chin Na V2
  • Arthritis Relief: The Chinese Way of Healing & Prevention
  • Back Pain Relief: Chinese Qigong for Healing & Prevention
  • Chinese Qigong Massage V1: Self Massage
  • Chinese Qigong Massage V2: With a Parnter
  • Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na V1: Defense and Counters for Barehand Attack, Blocking & Kicking
  • Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na V2: Defense for Knife Attacks & Grabbing, with Additional Offensive Techniques
  • Eight Simple Qigong Exercises for Health: The Eight Pieces of Brocade
  • Emei Baguazhang Volume 1: Basic Training, Qigong, & Eight Palms with Applications
  • Emei Baguazhang Volume 2: Swimming Body and Its Applications
  • Emei Baguazhang Volume 3: Bagua Deer Hook Sword and Applications
  • Northern Shaolin Sword: Kun Wu Jian and Its Applications
  • Northern Shaolin Sword: Qi Men Jian and Its Applications
  • Northern Shaolin Sword: San Cai Jian and Its Applications
  • Shaolin Kung Fu V1: Fundamental Training
  • Shaolin Kung Fu V2: Fundamental Training
  • Shaolin Long Fist Kung Fu: Gong Li Quan and Its Applications
  • Shaolin Long Fist Kung Fu: Lian Bu Quan and Its Applications
  • Shaolin Long Fist Kung Fu: Shi Zhi Tang and its Applications
  • Shaolin Long Fist Kung Fu: Twelve Tan Tui and their Applications
  • Shaolin Long Fist Kung Fu: Xiao Hu Yuan and its Applications
  • Shaolin Long Fist Kung Fu: Yi Lu Mai Fu & Er Lu Mai Fu with Applications
  • Shaolin White Crane Gong Fu 1: Basic Training
  • Shaolin White Crane Gong Fu 2: Basic Training
  • Shaolin White Crane Gong Fu 3: Basic Training
  • Taiji & Shaolin Staff V1: Fundamental Training
  • Taiji & Shaolin Staff V2: Fundamental Training
  • Taiji Ball Qigong 1: 16 Circling Patterns
  • Taiji Ball Qigong 2: 16 Rotating Patterns
  • Taiji Ball Qigong 3: 16 Circling, Rotating & Wrap-Coiling Patterns
  • Taiji Ball Qigong 4: Applications
  • Taiji Chin Na In-Depth 1: Cross Hands & Clockwise Yang Coiling
  • Taiji Chin Na In-Depth 2: Rotating Neutralizing and Counterclockwise Coiling in Crossed Pushing Hands
  • Taiji Chin Na In-Depth 3: Parallel Hands
  • Taiji Chin Na In-Depth 4: Against the elbow’s Na in Pushing Hands
  • Taiji Fighting Set: 2-Person Matching Set
  • Taiji Pushing Hands V1: Yang Style Single & Double Pushing Hands
  • Taiji Pushing Hands V2: International Yang Style Double Routine
  • Taiji Pushing Hands V3: Moving Single and Double Pushing Hands
  • Taiji Pushing Hands V4: Large Rollback Moving Pushing Hands
  • Taiji Saber Classical Yang Style: Qigong, The Complete Form & Applications
  • Taiji Sword, Classical Yang Style: The Complete Form, Qigong, and Applications
  • Taiji Wrestling 1: Taiji Shuai Jiao
  • Taiji Wrestling 2: Taiji Shuai Jiao
  • Taiji Yin & Yang Symbol Sticking Hands 1: Yang Symbol Practice
  • Taiji Yin & Yang Symbol Sticking Hands 2: Yin Symbol Practice
  • Taijiquan, Classical Yang Style The Complete Form and Qigong
  • The Essence of Taiji Qigong: The Internal Foundation of Taijiquan
  • The Scientific Foundation of Chinese Qigong: A Lecture by Dr. Yang at The University of Massachusetts
  • White Crane Hard Qigong: The Essence of Shaolin White Crane
  • White Crane Soft Qigong: The Essence of Shaolin White Crane
  • Xingyiquan: 12 Animal Form
  • Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan: and its Applications

Edited by dawei

What is the wrong impression?

How do you stack up against him:

I saw that. I was just wondering if he was a Physician, instead of a Mechanical Engineer, would he have second thought about the Embryonic Breathing...!!!

I saw that. I was just wondering if he was a Physician, instead of a Mechanical Engineer, would he have second thought about the Embryonic Breathing...!!!

You have questioned most people here in terms of their style or their training or they knowledge of chinese medicine (even those who explicitly stated they were trained in it). You've challenged well reputed authors like Chia as not knowing what he is talking about and now Jwing-Ming as having second thoughts of 40 years of practice if he were a doctor instead?

I can't think of any other word other than a one-man side-show troll. Why are you here and can't you just stay out of threads? (This does not expect a response; just a departure).

Let people pursue topics they are interested in discussing and if you have some background and practice or expertise to share, then do so. Otherwise, stop the BS.

Edited by dawei
  • Like 6

I can't think of any other word other than a one-man side-show troll. Why are you here and can't you just stay out of threads? (This does not expect a response; just a departure).

Let people pursue topics they are interested in discussing and if you have some background and practice or expertise to share, then do so. Otherwise, stop the BS.

:excl:Ditto :excl:

Edited by bubbles