Sign in to follow this  
ion

rain drops

One night, years ago I was in the city at night. It was raining and I was drinking 40oz.ers by myself.

I took cover in the entrance way of a building that was blocked by a piece of scafolding and sat down to drink the beer. In front of me was my reflection, dark in the plexiglass window, dark but it was there.

The rain drizzled all around me. A thought occured, just like I see my reflection in the building, each of the drops of water falling around me had a reflection of me, because water reflects.

I envisioned that each drop was reflecting an image of me and as it fell it the reflection would rise up the drop, but it would all happen so fast.

A thought occured that it was like that with people, they all see you from their own position, and disposition and to each of them you are a different person because of their relative position. That to each person any person appears different.

A thought occured, nobody knows what I really look like, so niether do I and it doesnt really matter.

There is no "I", to me or "you" to them, just reflections...

• Like 2

A thought occured, nobody knows what I really look like, so niether do I and it doesnt really matter.

There is no "I", to me or "you" to them, just reflections...

I liked what you wrote.

But I don't agree with the above. Yes, sometimes it is true. But not always. There are people who are capable of seeing the real "you" if you allow them to do so. Of course, we must first be the real "us" in order for others to see the real "you".

But it is true, the reflections will distort to picture if the mirrow isn't perfectly clean and unblemished.

Sign in to follow this