Understanding

OK Seriously Where To Get KUNLUN BOOK?

OK sorry for having to make a thread for this, but i cant seem to find a Kunlun book anywhere on the internet. I cant afford the time or money to go to a seminar, and all the books, except the french ones, are off the internet! Could someone please tell me where to get one, or if they are going to come back anytime soon, or could someone just tell me where to find the techniques orrrr could someone please please please just lend me a copy or teach my the main points on the down low?

I really really really want to learn Kunlun. Seriously. Yes. For Real. Yup. Straight up.

Yeah sorry again if this is like offending or something.

I suggest getting Sifu Matsuo's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong". Max is one of S.Matsuo's teachers and KYMQ is his presentation of "Kunlun". (edit: I should say, rather KYMQ "includes Kunlun".) I've been to Max's seminar, I've seen Jenny's dvd, and I've seen the KYMQ dvd. imo, KYMQ is far and away the better presentation. It includes a whole series of simple movements, of which "Kunlun" is one, all of which are critical and presented with clear mechanics and principles. Read the review and ordering instructions at the link.

This is just my point of view, and is not meant to disparage the pts of view of those devoted to Max or Jenny or any other. Everyone has their path. Just my 2 cents.

kind regards,

Trunk

I suggest getting Sifu Matsuo's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong". Max is one of S.Matsuo's teachers and KYMQ is his presentation of "Kunlun". I've been to Max's seminar, I've seen Jenny's dvd, and I've seen the KYMQ dvd. imo, KYMQ is far and away the better presentation. It includes a whole series of simple movements, of which "Kunlun" is one, all of which are critical and presented with clear mechanics and principles. Read the review and ordering instructions at the link.

This is just my point of view, and is not meant to disparage the pts of view of those devoted to Max or Jenny or any other. Everyone has their path. Just my 2 cents.

kind regards,

Trunk

hoooooly buckets . . . for that price they had better be AMAZING DVDs. The one that has the KYMQ is $300 :excl:

NO DVD is THAT good.

hoooooly buckets . . . for that price they had better be AMAZING DVDs. The one that has the KYMQ is $300 :excl:

If you look at the direct ordering info on the pg I linked to, the single dvds are $108 (including the KYMQ) and the 3-in-1 is $200.

~ edit ~

hmmm, maybe I should rearrange that page a little so the direct order info is more prominent...

hoooooly buckets . . . for that price they had better be AMAZING DVDs. The one that has the KYMQ is $300 excl.gif

NO DVD is THAT good.

i thought it was 108$ ? Trunk is not the only one to give rave reviews on that dvd.

worth every penny.

Understanding, i have a book, i enjoyed it and found value from it, but it is not my main practice and i am willing to trade. pm if interested.

i thought it was 108$ ? Trunk is not the only one to give rave reviews on that dvd.

worth every penny.

Understanding, i have a book, i enjoyed it and found value from it, but it is not my main practice and i am willing to trade. pm if interested.

$108 is about $192 less insane than what I saw in the Dragon Gate Sanctuary online store. I'll give their youtube videos a closer look and maybe consider breaking open my piggy bank, but I really think they would benefit from an offering of one or two introductory DVDs at a much lower price ($30-$40 maybe?). If I bought that and really liked it, it might entice me to bust open the piggy bank for the more high-end DVDs.

I know, I know: They're martial artists not marketing experts.

I just hate to think that some really great instructional material might get passed over simply because it appears overpriced. I buy a lot of instructional DVDs and books and I know that, typically, you get what you pay for. The Dragon Gate Sanctuary DVD prices seem so much higher than the average rate that it makes me suspicious, but also interested.

I revised my DGS page so that it's more clear. Picture at top, ordering info at the bottom. The prices ($108 for single, $200 for 3-in-1) and direct paypal ordering info should be obvious now.

- Trunk

Hey bums!

I have the 3 in 1 set,, how would you advise going about it, like what to start with?

Thanks

Ed

I have his original book somewhere.. Since a few people want it, why don't we make it a library book. If I send it to you, you have to send it to the next person in line within 3 weeks. If that sounds okay, PM me your address.

Sincerely,

Michael

I revised my DGS page so that it's more clear. Picture at top, ordering info at the bottom. The prices ($108 for single, $200 for 3-in-1) and direct paypal ordering info should be obvious now.

- Trunk

What are "fatigue flows?"

Thanks thelerneer and zanshin for offering your books up to library.

Witch whyd you burn the book? didnt like it? No instant enlightenment?

I also wonder like Jetsun, why the book is nowhere to be found

Trunk, thank you for the insight, however i will have to wait until i have some dough under my belt

Lol so yeah id be totally willing to recieve the book, even pay shipping, and then send it to someone else, down the line. im not really sure how this "library" works, but im totally down.

So heheh, anybody want to tell me how to do red phoenix?

I know im a greedy little bastard ;)

Witch whyd you burn the book? didnt like it? No instant enlightenment?

That sounds like a snide comment. If you are looking to gain honest open generous help & info from people who've gone a certain route before you, best to employ curiosity kindness and patience. Kunlun was a topic of intense debate for a while here at TTBs. Plenty of detailed info, from all points of view (including assessment of some potential dangers), if you care to use the search engine and wade through the results.

best of luck to you,

Trunk

• Like 1

I also wonder like Jetsun, why the book is nowhere to be found

I wonder if they eventually decided it was too dangerous to be in the public domain without the guidance of a teacher, because when I tried it I got some weird side effects like waking up at exactly the same time every night and having nightmares about death, other people too had issues. So I decided it was too powerful for me at the moment and could see why it had been kept secret. I could probably get hold of the book but im not sure i'd want to send it out if it's been purposely withdrawn.

Red Phoenix not in the book, secret stuff, good luck getting them to tell you.

(I don't know the secret stuff, maybe better I don't since would probably tell.)

That sounds like a snide comment. If you are looking to gain honest open generous help & info from people who've gone a certain route before you, best to employ curiosity kindness and patience. Kunlun was a topic of intense debate for a while here at TTBs. Plenty of detailed info, from all points of view (including assessment of some potential dangers), if you care to use the search engine and wade through the results.

best of luck to you,

Trunk

Yes, there were a lot of good discussions back in the old days. Some people have gone back and deleted some of their posts, I think, so perhaps some stuff won't be there for the new person who is trying to find out info.

I wonder if they eventually decided it was too dangerous to be in the public domain without the guidance of a teacher, because when I tried it I got some weird side effects like waking up at exactly the same time every night and having nightmares about death, other people too had issues. So I decided it was too powerful for me at the moment and could see why it had been kept secret. I could probably get hold of the book but im not sure i'd want to send it out if it's been purposely withdrawn.

If I recall correctly from some random post from some random person, it was because they were going to publish a new version, so the old version was just out of date.

That is, if I recall correctly and that random post from a person who I forget is correct.

Ok. Straight talk.

I can't in good conscience stand by politely on this one.

I will only say this once,

and then will not participate further in this debate.

Max's school is dangerous. Stay clear of it.

For those who have his book (or future book/s) I recommend throwing them away. For those perhaps about to loan the KL book to others, consider the consequences of exposing students to peril beyond their depth: don't do it. Throw the book away; that's my advice. This is like putting "The Multi-Orgasmic Man" in TTBs library, :lol:.

TTBs has been gone through this storm before. People were hurt, including children, having to do with parasitic reptiles. Dangerous lineage, if you get involved it is at your peril (and the potential endangerment of those around you). Lots of trouble around that organization, with a stubbornly deflecting PR dance to match.

Here are the links to previous discussion: one, two.

- Trunk

~ edit ~

Removed video trailer: some drama & comedy was appropriate, but too easily misinterpreted, misrepresent. *sigh*

• Like 4

People were hurt, including children, having to do with parasitic reptiles.

A more accurate way to put it would be, "one person claimed he was hurt, including children, having to do with parasitic reptiles."

I'm curious what your assessment would be of his current practice, teacher, accomplishments, and consequently, in hindsight, his judgement -- he switched to this from kunlun:

http://makchingyuen....nts-altar-kyle/

• Like 2

Ok. Straight talk.

I can't in good conscience stand by politely on this one.

I will only say this once,

and then will not participate further in this debate.

Max's school is dangerous. Stay clear of it.

For those who have his book (or future book/s) I recommend throwing them away. For those perhaps about to loan the KL book to others, consider the consequences of exposing students to peril beyond their depth: don't do it. Throw the book away; that's my advice. This is like putting "The Multi-Orgasmic Man" in TTBs library, :lol:.

TTBs has been gone through this storm before. People were hurt, including children, having to do with parasitic reptiles. Dangerous lineage, if you get involved it is at your peril (and the potential endangerment of those around you). Lots of trouble around that organization, with a stubbornly deflecting PR dance to match.

Here are the links to previous discussion: one, two.

- Trunk

Really? Putting it on the same level as the multi-orgasmic man??? :lol:

From what I can tell (of both books) is that they are fine when they are practiced correctly and undergone in the proper context (namely, when accompanied by other practices and a teacher who's been down that road). Mantak Chia has a LOT of material out there (healing sounds, MCO, massage, etc etc etc), and it seems like the people getting hurt from the multi-orgasmic part aren't coming at it with the requisite training in other parts of the system.

Kunlun seems to be the same way, at least as far as I can tell. Don't see why there's any need to "burn" it just because it is an intense practice that requires the context of other supportive practice plus a good teacher.

Now witch's comments regarding the book and max are interesting, and it seems like she'd have a different reason for burning the book (again, from what I can tell). But that's up to her whether to share it or not.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1