Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Problem Printing or Downloading a Thread

Thanks for taking a crack at it, Mal. I did a quick search as you suggested. I didn't find what the cause of the problem might be (yet) but I did learn that invision has hard coded a cap of 300 posts for the print/download functions. I noticed something like that with the haiku thread when after I clicked to "print" the board software came back with considerably less than the full number of posts. I guess in the Flying Phoenix thread it's not only too long (too many posts) but something else must be goofed up as well. Ah well.

but I did learn that invision has hard coded a cap of 300 posts for the print/download functions.

Cool so it's locked in, the one I remembered was just a long thread that stoped printing.

We could split the thread at 300.

Edit post 301 to have a link to the 1st part of the thread

and continue.

The thread is definitly worthy of archiving.

(ouch- over 900 replies = 3 parts and you have to select each post to move them.... would only take a few hours but there might be a better way.)

Edited by Mal

Hey Mal,

I noticed that the info I found earlier about the 300 post limit was related to IP.Board 2.x --so I've tried poking around the forum and articles section over at IPS in the hopes of learning more. It turns out that the 300 post limit also seems to apply to 3.x but I haven't found out more of value about the database error.

My current concern is this: I can create a print page for the Haiku thread (albeit it's just the first 300 posts) but I can't do the same for the FP thread (database error). To me this looks like something else is going on with the FP thread. I'd hate to see you split it up and get nothing to show for it other than three threads that won't print.

It turns out that the 300 post limit also seems to apply to 3.x

I think so too. Sometimes we can get assistance from the help desk with this sort of stuff

"I" probably won't be splitting it, but I think it would work.