Sign in to follow this  
ion

Awareness

In the begining was the word, and the word was "nothing" as it stretched through the darkness, and brought forth the light.

Awareness has its root in stillness. Stillness has its root in the principle of eternity. Stillness is aware and is self aware. The awareness of stillness is the root and foundation of all consciousness.

Awareness has its root in action. Action has its root in the principle of eternity but comes from stillness. Action is aware and is self aware. The awareness of action is near the root, and in the foundation of all consciousness.

Awareness has its root in symmetry. Symmetry bares the imprint of eternity and has its root in stillness and action. Symmetry is aware and self aware. The awareness of symmetry is near the root, and in the foundation of all consiousness.

Awareness has its root in activity. Activity bares the imprint of eternity and has its root in symmetry. Activity is aware and self aware, it is near the root, and in the foundation of all consciousness.

The collective awareness of these is aware, and has self awareness. The collective awareness bares the imprint of eternity and of the negative and posotive principles of stillness and action.

The self awareness of the collective awareness percieves within itself order, and the potential for order, and within itself (non-exsitance) it percieves existance and the potential for existance (space and form).

Existence is within the perception of the collective awareness of non-existance. The creator has its root in awareness and is an aspect of non-existance, and not the creator of non-extstance, but is the creator to consciousness within existance, and within existance its spirit ismade a god.

Anything that exist is a concept to the trancending awareness. If what exist has objective reality or not, to the consciouss it is subjective, experienced and integrated as a subjective concept. Life and livving are relative conepts experienced by awareness. Death is a concept to awareness, awareness conceptualizes its experience and then trancends.

Within existance, physical things have their reality, numbers have their places. Within awareness, physical existance has no reality and is experienced as concept.

To trancending awareness, god and gods are principles and concepts, self is a concept, collective is a concept, and none have any reality.

Awareness has its root in action. Action has its root in the principle of eternity but comes from stillness. Action is aware and is self aware. The awareness of action is near the root, and in the foundation of all consciousness.

Awareness has its root in symmetry. Symmetry bares the imprint of eternity and has its root in stillness and action. Symmetry is aware and self aware. The awareness of symmetry is near the root, and in the foundation of all consiousness.

Awareness has its root in activity. Activity bares the imprint of eternity and has its root in symmetry. Activity is aware and self aware, it is near the root, and in the foundation of all consciousness.

What about:

Action has its root in awareness.

Symmetry has is root in awareness.

Activity has it's root in awareness.

What about:

Thank you. I was getting dizzy.

What about:

The root of awareness, the birthplace, is in the original stillness. Activity has awareness, but activity is birthed from stillness, and stillness births awareness.

The birth of anything is triggered by the awareness of the thing that prceded it, so all awareness has its root in stillness and branches out through all things.

Awareness, and self awareness,symmetry and diversification, are the modes of transmutation. This is true for things like me and you, and for things like stillness and activity.

Edited by ion

The root of awareness, the birthplace, is in the original stillness. Activity has awareness, but activity is birthed from stillness, and stillness births awareness.

The birth of anything is triggered by the awareness of the thing that prceded it, so all awareness has its root in stillness and branches out through all things.

Awareness, and self awareness,symmetry and diversification, are the modes of transmutation. This is true for things like me and you, and for things like stillness and activity.

Is english your native language, because you are saying it backwards. Awareness can exist without any of the aforementioned things, although they can't exist without awareness.

Edited by Informer

Is english your native language, because you hare saying it backwards. Awareness can exist without any of the aforementioned things, although they can't exist without awareness.

I hare saying what? I don't understand.

I did gather from your post that you do not understand what I am saying.

Stillness is the original face of the farbic of reality. The awareness of that stillness triggerd activity. The awareness of that stillness still exists, and always will exist, because its nature is eternal. Activity, is a result of action, the action activated the latent energy that was stillness, the action and activity which is the same yet transformed potentiel that was stillness.

Awareness has its orgins in stillness. Activity gains awareness and gains activity in and from stillness.

I am not speaking english, I am using english to speak Tao.

Peace-

edit-to put it another way. If awareness can exist without all those things as you say, they it can exist with nothing.

Nothing has awareness, that is the stillness I refer to.

The awareness of nothing is the awareness of stillness, it is in the nothingness that awareness was born and it was because of the awareness that activity ever came into being.

Edited by ion

Stillness does not have to be linked to nothingness, nor somethingness.

I am thinking here that it can shine by its own quality, or essence, if you may. Does it have to mean something else? I suppose it does, for different minds.

Nothingness connotes a feeling of nihilism. Stillness allows for the balance of both conditions of something and nothing. But such an argument does not really achieve anything, except to create a bit of misunderstanding for those who are not familiar with such concepts.

On a practical level, contemplation will be difficult to generate without bringing the mind to a still point. This still point is not to be confused with having no thoughts. Having no thoughts simply means having a blankness of mind (achieves nothing worthwhile, btw), which is different from keeping the mind taut and ever-ready to hit the target of serene contemplation, like a drawn arrow awaiting release, with the bow's tension primed perfectly by a skilled archer patiently awaiting his mark.

Edited by CowTao

I hare saying what? I don't understand.

I did gather from your post that you do not understand what I am saying.

Stillness is the original face of the farbic of reality. The awareness of that stillness triggerd activity. The awareness of that stillness still exists, and always will exist, because its nature is eternal. Activity, is a result of action, the action activated the latent energy that was stillness, the action and activity which is the same yet transformed potentiel that was stillness.

Awareness has its orgins in stillness. Activity gains awareness and gains activity in and from stillness.

I am not speaking english, I am using english to speak Tao.

Peace-

edit-to put it another way. If awareness can exist without all those things as you say, they it can exist with nothing.

Nothing has awareness, that is the stillness I refer to.

The awareness of nothing is the awareness of stillness, it is in the nothingness that awareness was born and it was because of the awareness that activity ever came into being.

Oops, I must have fat-fingered are. :P

Let's try to look at it in a different light.

Lets pretend that earth is awareness, and all the plants that grow on the earth are attributes of that awareness.

What happens to the earth if we take away a single plant?

What happens to the plants if we take away the earth?

:)

Stillness does not have to be linked to nothingness, nor somethingness.

I am thinking here that it can shine by its own quality, or essence, if you may. Does it have to mean something else? I suppose it does, for different minds.

Nothingness connotes a feeling of nihilism. Stillness allows for the balance of both conditions of something and nothing. But such an argument does not really achieve anything, except to create a bit of misunderstanding for those who are not familiar with such concepts.

On a practical level, contemplation will be difficult to generate without bringing the mind to a still point. This still point is not to be confused with having no thoughts. Having no thoughts simply means having a blankness of mind (achieves nothing worthwhile, btw), which is different from keeping the mind taut and ever-ready to hit the target of serene contemplation, like a drawn arrow awaiting release, with the bow's tension primed perfectly by a skilled archer patiently awaiting his mark.

I'm refering to the stillness of the original feminine energy of the universe and all existence, preexisting the original male energy.

The fact that stillness (to the point of non-existence) is the natural state of the feminine principle is the basis for many Taoist expressions and much of the Tao te ching.

It is that stillness at the primal core of all realities that you are trying to achieve in meditation. It is to return to the begining of your being and reality where we share the original awareness of the stillness of unreacted nothingness. This is why meditation can and has been a sucseffull mode of regenerating...if it is done with understanding it is to return to the source and to return from the source.

Let's try to look at it in a different light.

Lets pretend that earth is awareness, and all the plants that grow on the earth are attributes of that awareness.

What happens to the earth if we take away a single plant?

What happens to the plants if we take away the earth?

:)

My plants are rooted in the earth. I'm not too sure how aware they are of this but I do know that if I remove them from the earth they die.

Are plants aware? I don't know. Am I aware? Sometimes I wonder about that.

However, awareness is important. We just need be careful so that our awareness is not based in illusion or delusion.

I'm refering to the stillness of the original feminine energy of the universe and all existence, preexisting the original male energy.

The fact that stillness (to the point of non-existence) is the natural state of the feminine principle is the basis for many Taoist expressions and much of the Tao te ching.

It is that stillness at the primal core of all realities that you are trying to achieve in meditation. It is to return to the begining of your being and reality where we share the original awareness of the stillness of unreacted nothingness. This is why meditation can and has been a sucseffull mode of regenerating...if it is done with understanding it is to return to the source and to return from the source.

Yes, i think i got most of the gist of what you are saying from your previous post.

Perhaps you would like to inform the reader by what means can one connect with this primal core that you have mentioned? Its easy to say 'return to the beginning of one's being', but how? What sort of practice have you put in place that can systematically lead to such realizations? This is by far more substantial to a beginner like myself and some others here.

Thank you.

• Like 1

My plants are rooted in the earth. I'm not too sure how aware they are of this but I do know that if I remove them from the earth they die.

Are plants aware? I don't know. Am I aware? Sometimes I wonder about that.

However, awareness is important. We just need be careful so that our awareness is not based in illusion or delusion.

Science would say no, but I think they are both alive and aware. Same with a virus.

Same with a virus.

There has been some interesting work done recently in this area. I don't remember enough of it to say anything though.

Hello Ion,

In the beginning? I'm surprised once again! I had no idea you were able to perceive the beginning. This is another masterful example of your psychic potential that intrigues me. Perhaps I can share my observations and you can make a judgement based on my experience.

There is stillness, from stillness comes light and the material world. None of these are separate, for light is just energy that does not move, the material is energy that moves. This is a very simplified explanation, but it is also the reason when one experiences light that they do not sense the existence of the world or thought, because when one is within the light these things seem to cease to be. (Keep in mind that I only use the word energy because it is the closest thing I can come to describe it in a way for someone that hasn't actually experiencing it can understand it on an intellectual level.)

Now the fact of the matter is that nothing ceases to be, rather the "I" that exists within the light is not the light, which is what "I" return to when I return to the light. So the "I" that I am is still within this world, but the "I" that I am within the light is unaware of it, because within the light there is no thought to perceive it.

I can walk and talk and think, yet I am aware of the stillness, but not aware of the light, because light is not the stillness, even though it is not moving, light is the precursor to the material, the energy that is created from stillness that gives birth to the material. When I say we live forever it is because we are born of the light and are the light, just as we are born of the stillness and are the stillness. There is no truth in this, it merely is.

I like your play on words though, the whole Genesis thing really added some oomph to your opening post.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Hi Informer. :) Question: what about the human tendency towards habitual action? Many people ACT, who are partially, or wholly, unAWARE of the root of their actions.

What sayeth you? :huh:

<< p.s. Its is the possessive pronoun; it modifies a noun. It's is a contraction of it is or it has. ;) >>

It is still within awareness, you can find out by by finding an autonomous organ like the heart, then experience is, it is within awareness, although not always consciously.

I think the people you are talking about feel like they are in a movie, receeded from conscious.

thus is how the universe begun... thus is how it ends...

laugh.gif

all done before one could think 'in the begin...'

wait... here it is again when one read each words.

nah!!! lets make it to each letter.

a...w...a...r...e...n...e...s...s...ahhh...

If you are sane; please ignore my nonsense.

sleep.gifohmy.gifsmile.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifcool.gifsleep.gif

dang! this looks like a spam isn't it?

Edited by XieJia

Hello Ion,

In the beginning? I'm surprised once again! I had no idea you were able to perceive the beginning. This is another masterful example of your psychic potential that intrigues me. Perhaps I can share my observations and you can make a judgement based on my experience.

There is stillness, from stillness comes light and the material world. None of these are separate, for light is just energy that does not move, the material is energy that moves. This is a very simplified explanation, but it is also the reason when one experiences light that they do not sense the existence of the world or thought, because when one is within the light these things seem to cease to be. (Keep in mind that I only use the word energy because it is the closest thing I can come to describe it in a way for someone that hasn't actually experiencing it can understand it on an intellectual level.)

Now the fact of the matter is that nothing ceases to be, rather the "I" that exists within the light is not the light, which is what "I" return to when I return to the light. So the "I" that I am is still within this world, but the "I" that I am within the light is unaware of it, because within the light there is no thought to perceive it.

I can walk and talk and think, yet I am aware of the stillness, but not aware of the light, because light is not the stillness, even though it is not moving, light is the precursor to the material, the energy that is created from stillness that gives birth to the material. When I say we live forever it is because we are born of the light and are the light, just as we are born of the stillness and are the stillness. There is no truth in this, it merely is.

I like your play on words though, the whole Genesis thing really added some oomph to your opening post.

Aaron

Light, does not exist in non-existence. Your mental fixation is on the male principle, and I think that is what you mean by "light". The "light", is not the activity I am refering to.But it appears as brightness so most people call it light.

The activity is not the light. The activity the interplay that happens because of the opposing charecteristic(direction) of male & female.

Action is when stillness/receptivity is ended by the spontaneous being of the male principle(light), activity is their interplay and the things that result.

Stillness the original stillness before the "light", has an awareness. it is the awareness of nothingness and stillness.

Once the awareness arises, it has self awareness. Once it claims to be the nothing that it is, the original expression of nothing express'e itself as the inverse reflection of nothing. The posotive(male, light) form of nothing to the negative(female,dark) form of nothing.

These two forms of nothing have the same awareness, yet have two self awareness. The yin has an awreness, the yang has awareness and it is the same because they have the same self nature, yet do to the opposing charecteristic, they have two self awarness of the same self nature,(eternal nothingness).

Because the posotive(light) came to exist in the realm of eternal nothing, (which was the female in stillness,) there now also exist in the realm of nothing and the field of infinity the quality of symmetry between the posotive and negative and so the symmetry is aware as well.

Because of the opposing nature to these forces (Pos and neg), there is activity, the male contracts, the female expand, the male undualtes, the female pulls and spreads dots of light in every direction, but the male never actually travels across any space.

Viewed from the male, it looks one way, viewd from the female another.

You Aaron are viewing it from and fixated on the male. It is best to fixate on neither and then you will see the Tao which is the nature of all the things happening and the path of them to creation.

The light is not creation it is not form and form is not from the light. What is considered male later in the interplay is the producer of dark empty space that is filled with form. But from pre-existence, the space that is produced within female by way of male is actually the first form. Space, true void that is filled with matter is form. But that is probably best saved for another thread because that is not what we are talking about here.

Because of the qualities like symmetry, diversification, multiplying and dividing,that arise in the interplay as a result of the appearence of the male principle, a plethera of awareness's arise in pre-existance, an awareness of every percievable phenomenon.

Becauase nothing actually exist there by our standards, only their awareness, and awareness of all the concepts actually exists. There is a collective awareness that forms atop all of them. It is not the awareness of stillness or void or light. It is not the awareness of female, male and symmetry and all the other formless elements of existence but the collective awareness of both yin and yang and everything inbetween. It is the essence of mind.

Mind, using the Yin & yang,("light & dark"), and the formless elements that arise out of there interplay concieves of space and form.

The op was NOT talking about the creation of form, it was about the evolution of awareness from the abyss of nothingness. They are corresponding and mutually dependant on eachother

Aaron. It is difficult to talk to you about this because your comments are actually off topic so I am trying to answer you, which I have to explain alot to you first for you to understand, but also trying to stay on topic.

Maybe it would be best for you to start a seperate thread for questions about what you are refering to and I will do best to answer them. Becareful not to stereo my responses and make broad assumptions based on misunderstandings like you have been doing so instead of explaining myself I can elucidate the Tao.

Edit-It wasn't genesis, it's the Gospel of John. Many people make reference to the place where all things originate as "the begining". It truly is the best way to describe pre-existence.

Edited by ion

無有 有無

<....門....>

--->道<---

Attention! Attention!

Ignore this, another of my spams!

-sigh... Why am I always guilty of such crimes.

Edited by XieJia

Light, does not exist in non-existence. Your mental fixation is on the male principle, and I think that is what you mean by "light". The "light", is not the activity I am refering to.But it appears as brightness so most people call it light.

The activity is not the light. The activity the interplay that happens because of the opposing charecteristic(direction) of male & female.

Action is when stillness/receptivity is ended by the spontaneous being of the male principle(light), activity is their interplay and the things that result.

Stillness the original stillness before the "light", has an awareness. it is the awareness of nothingness and stillness.

Once the awareness arises, it has self awareness. Once it claims to be the nothing that it is, the original expression of nothing express'e itself as the inverse reflection of nothing. The posotive(male, light) form of nothing to the negative(female,dark) form of nothing.

These two forms of nothing have the same awareness, yet have two self awareness. The yin has an awreness, the yang has awareness and it is the same because they have the same self nature, yet do to the opposing charecteristic, they have two self awarness of the same self nature,(eternal nothingness).

Because the posotive(light) came to exist in the realm of eternal nothing, (which was the female in stillness,) there now also exist in the realm of nothing and the field of infinity the quality of symmetry between the posotive and negative and so the symmetry is aware as well.

Because of the opposing nature to these forces (Pos and neg), there is activity, the male contracts, the female expand, the male undualtes, the female pulls and spreads dots of light in every direction, but the male never actually travels across any space.

Viewed from the male, it looks one way, viewd from the female another.

You Aaron are viewing it from and fixated on the male. It is best to fixate on neither and then you will see the Tao which is the nature of all the things happening and the path of them to creation.

The light is not creation it is not form and form is not from the light. What is considered male later in the interplay is the producer of dark empty space that is filled with form. But from pre-existence, the space that is produced within female by way of male is actually the first form. Space, true void that is filled with matter is form. But that is probably best saved for another thread because that is not what we are talking about here.

Because of the qualities like symmetry, diversification, multiplying and dividing,that arise in the interplay as a result of the appearence of the male principle, a plethera of awareness's arise in pre-existance, an awareness of every percievable phenomenon.

Becauase nothing actually exist there by our standards, only their awareness, and awareness of all the concepts actually exists. There is a collective awareness that forms atop all of them. It is not the awareness of stillness or void or light. It is not the awareness of female, male and symmetry and all the other formless elements of existence but the collective awareness of both yin and yang and everything inbetween. It is the essence of mind.

Mind, using the Yin & yang,("light & dark"), and the formless elements that arise out of there interplay concieves of space and form.

The op was NOT talking about the creation of form, it was about the evolution of awareness from the abyss of nothingness. They are corresponding and mutually dependant on eachother

Aaron. It is difficult to talk to you about this because your comments are actually off topic so I am trying to answer you, which I have to explain alot to you first for you to understand, but also trying to stay on topic.

Maybe it would be best for you to start a seperate thread for questions about what you are refering to and I will do best to answer them. Becareful not to stereo my responses and make broad assumptions based on misunderstandings like you have been doing so instead of explaining myself I can elucidate the Tao.

Edit-It wasn't genesis, it's the Gospel of John. Many people make reference to the place where all things originate as "the begining". It truly is the best way to describe pre-existence.

Hello Ion,

I wont continue this discussion, because there is no need. The fact you call it masculine and feminine tells me you have come to your realization, which is false by the way, through intellectualism. You believe it so it's true to you, but I believe nothing, because I know it's all mundane and transient. When you can throw these beliefs away and begin to see things as they really are, then we can talk, til then you are just not ready to listen. Use your vast psychic potential wisely. There is a reason the dragons stay hidden.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

What about:

It seems that awareness has its roots in Tao. Thats why we should connect to Tao, but how?

That rhymes :lol:

I only use the terms yin and yang for convention. The yin is called female and not male because it "births". In the language of light and dark you would say that the light was dependent on the dark, and if you like then one is negative and the other is positive by default, just like an electrical current. But in an electrical current, one doesnt originate in the other so one is not more like the female.

When I think to myself, I use the terms 0-, and 0+, because neither are sexual or gender references, and the nature of both the yin and yang is nothingness, they are both togeather the totality of nothing but apart are the + & - aspects of 0.

I only abstract the yin&yang from the Tao for the purpose of describing the roots of awareness to emphesise the universiality of awareness, that we share one awareness and one sense of being, but are conscious of different existences.

Do you not believe that all things come from nothing and nothing originates in stillness?

Do you not believe that all things are sentient and apart of the same fabric and way, and that the fabric itself is sentient?

Nobody said that awareness is created. The initial state of Tao is stillness, it is in that stillness that the initial state of awareness spontaneously arises and it is the awareness of stillness. The stillness is nonexistence, an infinity/dimmension all its own and since it does not exist the awareness is independent of the stillness.

The awareness is a sense of being that is always present a sense of being in nonexistance, the awareness of utter stillness.

This awarensess and sense of being is the same one in each of us. The sense of being, and being aware are not the ego/you. It is the same awareness and sense of being that has its orgins in the stillness of Tao.

That it "arises" in consciousness is an illustrative expression, that its source is in eternal stillness is not.

The stillness is eternal, it is an infinity/dimmension, it is the feminine principle unreacted, and so the awareness is was and always will be in existence. It is still there all around and within us being aware of the stillness at the core of every inch of the fabric of realities.

It is the initial expression of the sourceless source, (from which Tao eminates), and the sourceless source, the foundation of all realities is the "principle of infinity" so its expressions are eternities.

The principle of infinity is the sovereign principle of all that is. It selflessy chooses to remain unassertive outside of existence so its expression is "nothing."

Since an expression of infinity can not be confined to an aspect of what it express'es, its expression spontaneously manifests to the potentiel meaning of its totality as the comparable "opposite" of the initial expression of infinity(nothing).

All the describable layers of reality are infinities and each infinity is a dimmension. The yin and yang are two dimmensions trying to occupy the same space, nonexistence and they have been for beginingless eternity and each one has a sense of being and a self awareness and so doe the totality of all the awareness of the dimmensions.

If it werent for the fact that the awareness of these dimmensions exists in the dimmension of no form/dimmension, there would be no sign of Tao being the orgins of all things because all things have always existed for eternity. It is because of the awareness/spirits of the layers of eternity that we can abstract the orgins of activity.

The light itself is not life, life just is because all things are sentient. "life" is the experince an ego influenced awareness experiences, life is a concept and so is its death conceptualized. In truth there is no living and there is no dying because like you said, awareness always was and will be and all things in the universe of form are transient...except for the awareness they produce.

The earth is the universe of universes, every level of percieving within the biosphere is a dimmension of mind of its own and each collective species has a collective awareness, always in flux; as the species transmutates so does its collective awareness.

On the earth, as the components of a collective "die" the collective awareness does not, it persisst through time as a permanent being and its collective awareness exists as a multitude of awareness within its species, and as a singular collective awareness in the realm of noform-notime/pure spirit.

There are an infinity of dimmensions and an infinity of awareness and they all have stillness at the core of every point of their reality.

edit-If light from here were to enter the negative principle (impossable) it would conform to its particle nature, and at every point would be surrounded by vacuity. The light would be invisable and would be immediatley difused into nothingness...Having never been seen.

I want to make a few more points, I think from your explantion here that it is clear that you have experienced none of this, but rather that this is your hypothesis. I would suggest that you think about it less and start to meditate. You are far off base. You have taken new age ideas, mish-mashed them with buddhism and taoism in an attempt to explain something and in the end you're just creating a confusing explanation that makes no sense to those who have actually experienced the process.

Now I'm done.

Aaron

Sign in to follow this