Cameron

Cultivating the Tao in China

IMHO guns and cultivation do not go together.

Guns and religion do.

Religion = fear = guns.

Cultivation cultivates commonality in all living things (including people)

Religion focuses on differences

Religion = war

Cultivation = peace.

Religion practiced as religion = cult.

Religion = external = one is separate from the divine ( god , higher power whatever) therefore fear and the

need to prove your way is the right, only way.

Cultivation = internal = one is not separate therefore no fear and acceptance of others and their way.

• Like 1

In any case I wish him the best. I'll send out good intentions to the Taobums from Hua Shan next week :)

Good luck Cameron!

Me and my girlfriend visited Hua Shan a month ago, really an amazing experience! Only thing that bummed us out was that since we had to wait three hours in line for the cable car (our tour guide hadn't calculated this), we didn't get too much time on the mountain, so we didn't make it all the way to the top. But still one of the best things about our while trip to China! :)

I also hear that some of the monks/priests on Hua Shan are actually the real deal, so if you know some Chinese or have a translator with you you should try to talk to them! Sadly our guide was afraid of heights (hehe, I know, poor thing, she was terrified when we said we wanted to go to Hua Shan), so she didn't go with us when we went around the mountain! :)

• Like 2

You really need to spend a few days on Huashan. I've been many times, and have always spent at least one night on the mountain. Doing qigong, meditating, watching the sunrise, and finding time away from the tourists over 3-4 days allows the mountain to work it's magic on you.

You really need to spend a few days on Huashan. I've been many times, and have always spent at least one night on the mountain. Doing qigong, meditating, watching the sunrise, and finding time away from the tourists over 3-4 days allows the mountain to work it's magic on you.

Yeah, me and my girlfriend both agreed that if/when we go to Huashan again, we would stay the night.

Did get to do Celestial Nei Kung and Taiji up there though! :)

Little1 is in China now (I don't know which city) but he said he cannot access Taobums and facebook from there. Do you know any way how to access the banned sites? I talked with him through yahoo messenger

news about Yoda (I was wondering too what happened to him):

http://makchingyuen.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/tin-yat-students-altar-kyle/

http://makchingyuen.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/tin-yang-kyle-tin-yat-lineage-taoist-faat-si-video-of-doing-scripture/

I have no problem accessing Tao Bums from China - am in Wudangshan near ShiYan City (around 5 hours from Xian.) To access Facebook they may need to set up a VPN Tunnel...not sure exactly how to do it...