Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

A Sincere Apology

Just dropping through briefly to offer a sincere apology to any folks I may have offended in my recent "campaign".

I know that my actions seemed completely out of proportion with both my usual behavior and with what appeared to be the situation. And I understand why people were getting upset with me and why some folks made the comments they did in response.

The reason for the seeming disproportion is that there is "other stuff" going on behind the scenes (both in my life and on this forum), stuff that I am unable to talk about. Maybe one day all will be talked about and maybe then you will understand.

I am hoping that enough of you know me well enough to trust that, even though it looked like I was trying to be destructive, my only thought, my only intention, was for the greater good of this community.

Once I had set myself on a path of action I had to follow it through all the way, I was committed. The outcome was inevitable, I knew that, and I also knew that there would be some collateral damage along the way.

Maybe some of you don't respect me as much as you once did.

Maybe I have irreparably damaged treasured friendships.

I am truly deeply sorry for this.

I will trust in the movement of my own spirit that I have achieved what I had hoped to achieve, that the seed of my intent will find roots and grow. But that is no longer in my hands, its for others to perhaps carry forward.

For now though I must sign out, perhaps for the last time, but nothing is forever. But just in case, I will leave as I came...

I toss the pebble

Ripples distort the surface

Flowing back to self

:D

Edited by Stigweard
  • Like 5

Dear Stig,

Over the years, your presence on this forum has been really valuable. Valuable contributions do not come from long fake quotes (CowTao), a holier than thou attitude with nothing worthwhile to offer but criticism (Mjjbecker) or "I-sway-with-the-wind because-I-stand-for-nothing, I am just dietary fiber" kind of diplomacy (Learner).

Value comes from character, true virtue and the conviction to stand up for what one believes in. You've displayed that consistently, and quite selflessly I must say. I see no agenda, no political gain in any of this. Mal is a butt-head who has misused his power, and will continue to as has been the history. The other moderators do not have the technical know-how, Sean has no time and they need Mal on this account, as simple as that! So I doubt anything is going to change here. Sean, by remaining quiet, has stamped his approval over this whole thing. This is the message Sean and his team is sending out - stay here on our terms or just get out. And those terms are different based on how the mods view you. We have a feminist, a butt-head, a Buddhist sympathizer, and other mods dominated by these three. Well, so what's left to say? A feeble voice of reason left hanging here and there (Sloppy) will soon learn to shut shop and ignore unfair decisions.

All I want to say is that I strongly object to your treatment here whilst ignoring all your valuable contributions over the years. I wish you the best in your life and want you to know that some of us truly appreciate what you stand for, and always will. You have only risen further in my perspective for standing up for a good cause. Don't feel that no friend stood up for you when you always stood up for others, many want to, but lack the will. I Will miss you Stig, my friend, truly miss you.

• Like 7

I'll let you reply to the above post stig ;)

Edited by Mal

Hi Stig,

Welcome back. Sincerely. Look forward to your contributions as I always have done.

Manchester Mantle,

Since you don't seem to have singled me out for a personalized attack ... well not one I recognize anyway ... I don't feel the need to answer. I think your post clearly shows where you are coming from.

A.

Maybe some of you don't respect me as much as you once did.

Hi Stig,

Nothing has changed between you and me. I still consider you friend and I still value your input here at TTB. And I truely do look forward to much more of your input.

You were on a mission from god and I was unable to get involved. You did what you needed to do. Regardless of anything else, I respect that.

Theres nothing to be sorry for Stig, if in the moment of your doing things you were sincere in your intentions, which I believe undoubtedly you were and still are.

You can't apologize for fighting for the things which you believe in. If others do not see it this way then it of course is not your fault. You don't have to apologize for being true with yourself even if others may disagree.

I myself support and agree with many of the things that you say, and I've seen many of my own sentiments echoed exactly the way you've said them over the past few days. I feel that there should be no apology for this. There are others who feel and agree with you about these things. No need to shuffle feet and other things for this. Never apologize for having the higher moral ground.

Kali

• Like 1

The reason for the seeming disproportion is that there is "other stuff" going on, stuff that I am unable to talk about. ...

I have irreparably damaged treasured friendships.

Hi Stig,

I sincerely appreciate your post.

I hope the other stuff in your life is nothing too serious.

From my perspective our friendship has not been irreparably damaged.

I hope you feel the same.

Be well,

• Like 1

Stig,

Glad you're here, glad you were suspended, glad you're back.

You are a thoughtful, experienced contributor here. No one is at fault, everyone did what they felt was best and nothing was done in spite..only in a passion for the ideal of what the board should be.

Nothing wrong with that.

With Love and Respect

Michael

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this