Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Conflict between Work and Consciousness

How do I work or study alot and still be able to increase my consciousness troughout the day? When I study for example it feels like I go on autopilot, automatic mode, low on awareness. I want to have extremely high consciousness no matter what my activities are and this activity of studying hard really puts my into a low awareness mode. My body just dissapears and I'm sucked into the study material. There is no other way I can study, I don't know how!

I notice it in the quality of my dreams. During workless periods where I have no worries or stress on my mind I am very aware of my perceptions during the day. During sleep I often get lucid and get very vivid dreams with alot of interesting events. For example, hungry cats and wolfs rage and bite me really hard. I fear that I loose my hand, then I recognize its a dream and I change the reality by summoning some food and shelter for these beasts. The rain stops, the sun arises and trees and flowers blossom. The wolfs pull my pants and lead me up the beautifull hills to an ancient indian shaman as a reward for my kindness. This indian then talks about the oneness with nature, etc.

While studying allot during the day I become really low on awareness. I have little time to meditate as usually spare time is spend on other ways of relaxing and also socializing. When I do meditate, the effects don't last long as soon as I go dwelling into the studying material again. Its like my spirit leaves my body when I don't focus on my body enough. As if it gets bored and just leaves and takes my awareness and consciousness with him. Then I dream vague crap about find a toothbrush and constantly dropping the insides of my pocket for 30 minutes in a row. It is madness, the cycle of insanity.

So again, how can I study alot yet still remain more aware and have higher consciousness? I don't want my studies to also rob me of my dreaming time. I hate it when I'm just so asleep all day and night. Low on awareness and consciousness. My fakeness detector is just completely turned off that way. What can I do about this? Surely alot of hard working people in our society must have suffered from this lowered awareness from hard working?

But it's really hard to work and study when you're unconscious, that would be the difficult thing :rolleyes:

Maybe take breaks to stay conscious of you body, no more than 30 minutes poring over written material, set a timer. Ding, get up, scan your body for pain or tension, stretch, drink water, look at something farther away for a few minutes, if a lot of work maybe just short breaks that won't take much time and quality of work should better anyway. Then be conscious and mindful when you're brushing your teeth or walking to the mailbox or whatever, focus on environment and details and sensations. Be in the moment not off in your mind barely engaged enough to get simple tasks done. If you have a lot of studying do physical or social things for relaxing, avoid tv and computer.

But it's really hard to work and study when you're unconscious, that would be the difficult thing :rolleyes:

Maybe take breaks to stay conscious of you body, no more than 30 minutes poring over written material, set a timer. Ding, get up, scan your body for pain or tension, stretch, drink water, look at something farther away for a few minutes, if a lot of work maybe just short breaks that won't take much time and quality of work should better anyway. Then be conscious and mindful when you're brushing your teeth or walking to the mailbox or whatever, focus on environment and details and sensations. Be in the moment not off in your mind barely engaged enough to get simple tasks done. If you have a lot of studying do physical or social things for relaxing, avoid tv and computer.

Damn what a waste of my words, I'm sorry. I think I totally misworded it.

What I mean is this source of all. I want to become one with it while connected to these manifestations. When I'm studying, I'm totally sucked into my ego, I cannot remain with oneness amd my thouhgts rage like maddogs filled up the entire universe.

Lets say that I have this consciousness of mine. When I observe my own consciousness, I detach from it and become something else. The impossible happens, I become connected with the Tao. The eternal. In dreams I become lucid and in waking hours I feel lucid aswell. I cannot explain it in words. What I do know is that studying really challenges my connection to this Tao.

Perhaps I should try and plan some meditation breaks to return to the source of all and connect with it. I'll try and experiment how enduring the connections are depending on theit strength.

Socializing or doing physical things doesn't really help either. My mind just tries occupy itself that way. I want to connect deeper within my self, to the Tao. Be more connected to that present moments of timelessness that passes us by at infinitely high rates

Edited by Everything

Hello Everything,

If you believe that you are not conscious because you are concentrating on something, then what you are doing is tricking yourself into believing you are only conscious when you do things you want to be doing. You can be conscious all the time, but it requires time and practice. I can feel the source (I call it that, you can call it whatever you want) even when I work, eat, sleep, or dance. Do not mistake mundane experiences as being a hindrance to consciousness, mundane experiences exist, so does consciousness, one does not cancel out the other.

Be still, even when you are moving, that is the trick.

Aaron

The Tao might seem deep within your self and it is, but it's all around you too, not just in dreams or beautiful natural settings. Mundane experiences can even enhance consciousness. Think if you were an ancient hunter-warrior. You'd have to always be alert, aware and stay in tune with your environment, you'd observe small things in nature and adjust your routine in harmony with your surroundings. So watch for hungry wolves and helpful shamans, might be some at the grocery store or on your way to school, probably not, but sometimes if you're paying close attention other things of interest become apparent.

Everything... PM me

If I get to a regular pc I can pm, don't seem to work on iPhone

Also thanks for replies guys. I think those are interesting words to be recalled.

Maybe I have a limiting believe on the capacity of my consciousness, who knows ^^

Edited by Everything

That's interesting. IMO/IME the "self-observing" is just a different type of thought than some of the others... To have a smooth witness experience requires IME that i ignore a lot of the other thought-types. I guess I'm advocating discernment. I think in some cases if i over-identify with the witness i miss stuff. I mean, it could lead in some extreme cases to dissassociation, making one a candidate for DSM IV. I know i keep saying this here but learning to drive is IMO essential. Not because some psych or academic or religious leader insists on the benefits of a particular way of thinking/perception that one has to abide only in that way. In fact, IMO folks who insist on abiding in any particular mode of thinking are either ignorant or know far too much about people's capacities and would rather they didn't try driving any other way:-)

What I dig is being able to know each thought process-type from the others. Ain't easy:-)

How do I work or study alot and still be able to increase my consciousness troughout the day? When I study for example it feels like I go on autopilot, automatic mode, low on awareness. I want to have extremely high consciousness no matter what my activities are and this activity of studying hard really puts my into a low awareness mode. My body just dissapears and I'm sucked into the study material. There is no other way I can study, I don't know how!

I notice it in the quality of my dreams. During workless periods where I have no worries or stress on my mind I am very aware of my perceptions during the day. During sleep I often get lucid and get very vivid dreams with alot of interesting events. For example, hungry cats and wolfs rage and bite me really hard. I fear that I loose my hand, then I recognize its a dream and I change the reality by summoning some food and shelter for these beasts. The rain stops, the sun arises and trees and flowers blossom. The wolfs pull my pants and lead me up the beautifull hills to an ancient indian shaman as a reward for my kindness. This indian then talks about the oneness with nature, etc.

While studying allot during the day I become really low on awareness. I have little time to meditate as usually spare time is spend on other ways of relaxing and also socializing. When I do meditate, the effects don't last long as soon as I go dwelling into the studying material again. Its like my spirit leaves my body when I don't focus on my body enough. As if it gets bored and just leaves and takes my awareness and consciousness with him. Then I dream vague crap about find a toothbrush and constantly dropping the insides of my pocket for 30 minutes in a row. It is madness, the cycle of insanity.

So again, how can I study alot yet still remain more aware and have higher consciousness? I don't want my studies to also rob me of my dreaming time. I hate it when I'm just so asleep all day and night. Low on awareness and consciousness. My fakeness detector is just completely turned off that way. What can I do about this? Surely alot of hard working people in our society must have suffered from this lowered awareness from hard working?

this is the whole point of certain meditations, to be able to turn the energies that expend out into the external world back into your own energy. i find that the more unpersonal and abstract your mind goes, the further your energies go from feeding back into your dantien. in a exponential manner.

try combining two forces that are opposing, your focus/will and your relaxed bliss, keep repeating to yourself that you will keep getting permantley better at whatever you set your mind to, whatever fractal of mental and emotional and phsycial energy expenditure that you come across. by combinging the enerigies in the 3 main centers and by clearing the spine, one can help combine your delciate/fine mental ego with the rough sensory emotional perceptions

pm me if you like

Mathematics....

studying skill refinement for...

This method can be done with everything and is to be used with "aware in the daily life method" In this method you put enough awareness into daily life - you just flee from perception as the spirit is fleeing from the body. It is to find out what you can not confront and make you can confront it and into an ally.

...in you hand?

Q

I really appreciate the entire text, Friend. Nice nickname btw :)

This is I will defenitely keep in mind as I go along studies or things in my life that lower awareness.

Also thanks to Jetsun for the link.

Sign in to follow this