Sign in to follow this  
windblown

No.1 Ladies Detective Agency

These books feature the lives of some Africans living in Botswanna. The Tao flows in between the lines...it is never referenced....which makes it all the more appealing. It is uncanny how this author can get into the minds and hearts of his characters...from ladies to children to even dogs...how does he do this? I have read these books twice. They are best sellers.

What are some other fictional works that feature people living simply and humbly...where the Tao flows in between the lines...and teaches without telling?

• Like 1

I can't think of one. There is a gentility the books have, even in the face of chaos and violence, the Mdmse is true to her ideals and finds a way. Great characters. Must admit, I paged through the book and loved the HBO shows that kept very close to it.

One scene stood out, as Mdsmse is looking for a lost American, and says Americans are very technologically advanced but lack a certain spiritual insight. She can sense a violent death occurred in the area. She's in no way psychic, as she says its a spiritual instinct, we've forgotten. I suspect things like that are authentic.

Edited by thelerner

Mma is very intuitive but sees it as something natural....unlike so many of us that claim to be psychic, empathic...blah, blah, blah...as if it is some sort of rare gift! Mma is humble...now that is a rare gift to me. Authentic...that is what these books and characters are...nice description. Guess I'll head to the library and see what I can find to read next. Hate it when i finish a really good book.

• Like 1

Mma is very intuitive but sees it as something natural....unlike so many of us that claim to be psychic, empathic...blah, blah, blah...as if it is some sort of rare gift! Mma is humble...now that is a rare gift to me. Authentic...that is what these books and characters are...nice description. Guess I'll head to the library and see what I can find to read next. Hate it when i finish a really good book.

I agree. You know there are a couple of No.1 LDS's out there. There's a chance the library has DVD's of the series. Plus, The same author (I forget the name) has a couple of series out. Another mystery series.

Sign in to follow this