Sign in to follow this  
scotty2000

Alwayson's case

Lets keep it TTB specific thanks, but since you brough up moderation please recall.

So if you are not just here to troll, welcome back.

I never threatened to kill someone.

Or harrass people online for several years.

P.S. I got banned for calling out this forum's bullshit. I stand by it.

This is apparently what Alwayson is getting suspended for. Just saying that to Mal.

a 2009 quote and a thread title like this ^ then that post

Sorry but it's back on a 180 day posting suspension for you

And Mal chooses not to take time, consult other moderators on this decision.

Immedately jumps to a 180 day suspension, again...instead of a simple 3 day, or 7, or 30, etc.

WTF. Alwayson did not deserve this.

Is there a rule against saying this?

Rhetorical question. I'm not going to honor such a bullshit rule. B)

Yeah. I object to the way this situation was handled.

As I've mentioned several times, I'm hands off when it comes to internet conversation. The thread title was obviously antagonistic. But so what? Someone has a strong opinion on something. Okay. People can choose to talk about substance, or talk about what a troll someone is being. The former sometimes works. The latter is thread derailment itself (even if it is true, but sometimes it's not so clear cut- oftentimes someone putting forward an unpopular opinion is accused of trolling). But I'm not against thread derailment either- it happens. Sometimes it gets back on track. Sometimes not. If it gets derailed to where it's just insults, move it to the pit where people can fight it out, and let general spiritual discussion continue.

He should be able to talk about whatever his view of buddhism he wants to. Me made a thread and kept it there. He didn't (to my knowledge) start spilling it over someplace else. Just let people work/fight/sort it out.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 2

I'm hands off when it comes to internet conversation

If that were the policy here, then: awesome!

Or if the policy is strictly "no insults", then: awesome!

But to rapidly switch between these two extremes based on the moderator's personal bias regarding various members here?

Not acceptable. :angry:

Someone has a strong opinion on something. Okay.

It should be okay. That must be made clear here! By the moderators!

Here is something Sean said regarding the insult policy:

Completely disagreeing with a person and their lifestyle choices is fine. Finding someone's opinion, technique, politics, approach, etc. absurd, evil, stupid, ridiculous is fine.

That being said: I find the current moderation's opinions, techniques and approach to be absurd, evil, stupid and ridiculous. Not just saying that. I really believe it.

Lets keep it TTB specific thanks, but since you brough up moderation please recall.

So if you are not just here to troll, welcome back.

I never threatened to kill someone.

Or harrass people online for several years.

This is apparently what Alwayson is getting suspended for. Just saying that to Mal.

a 2009 quote and a thread title like this ^ then that post

Sorry but it's back on a 180 day posting suspension for you

And Mal chooses not to take time, consult other moderators on this decision.

Immedately jumps to a 180 day suspension, again...instead of a simple 3 day, or 7, or 30, etc.

WTF. Alwayson did not deserve this.

There was moderator discussion, warnings posted in the thread, PM's to people involved and you quote just my post :)

I do not want to stop discussion so I'm posting this here, since we decide to do this and it cause a bit of a lull, but we missed some scotty posts and really don't like to delete posts in thread.

ScottyZYX is spamming the forum with posts. Since this morning we are treating them just like spam.

report ip ban and delete the post.

until we hear otherwise from Sean as this is an extraordinary situation.

What's next a different userID?

:(

• Like 1

p.s my post was

Always on lets keep it TTB specific thanks, as you brough up moderation- please recall.

it seems like you are processing some strong emotions right now about this forum and how you perceive yourself being treated here.

now you are calling out mods, members, saying the whole forum sucks.

i'm going to give you a 180 day break.

that's about half a year to disconnect, live your life, which you are saying TTB is currently not that important to anyway.

then, if you want, come back and see if you resonate with being a part of this community again, sans the antagonism.

peace,

sean

So if you are not just here to troll, welcome back. But if you want to troll it's just going to be another long holiday, I'm afraid

link

Since I was personally involved in this action, I'd like to elaborate for the benefit of the membership in general.

I personally came across a post of Alwayson that I considered to be insulting and disrespectful.

I generated a report myself and contacted him directly and posted in the thread, asking that he edit his post.

I informed the mod team of my actions.

He ignored my request to self-moderate.

I then looked deeper and discovered that he had just come off of a 6 month suspension.

The mod team discussed how best to respond based on his current action and his previous behavior.

Another extended suspension was felt to be the most appropriate course of action.

• Like 2