Sign in to follow this  
tulku

The Hypocrisy of Humanity's Double Standards

Due to the recent exchanges on this board, I like to bring up a topic about the Hypocrisy of Double Standards of Humanity.

There are a lot of Meat Eaters in this world. Hell the majority of the world's population are Meat Eaters.

Yet when these Meat Eaters see an artist putting her terminally ill cat to death and then using that cat's skin to make a handbag, they scream bloody blue murder and hurl countless death threats at the cat's owner.

What's the difference between killing and skinning a cat (which is already terminally ill) for its skin and killing/skinning cows for their skins, meat and other by-products?

What's the difference between the murder in the first video and murder in the second video?

The cat's owner is an animal activist btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugS6TQYUb2Q

• Like 1

Who are humans to decide what is right or what is wrong?

Who are humans to decide which lives are meant to be killed and which lives are sacred?

If the mass majority decide that cats are appropriate food for human consumption and cat-skins make wonderful handbags, should we begin mass-murdering cats for their meats and skins?

Edited by tulku

Who are humans to decide which lives are meant to be killed and which lives are sacred?

Very valid questions, these two.

We humans do make a lot of judgement calls. Perhaps more than we are truely capable of making.

I will once again say that extremes are not good, in general. Both sides of the arguement concerning the killing of animals for food and clothing have valid points.

But these judgement calls, both pro and con, are a part of the nature of the human animal.

And yes, there are many other animals in nature that kill other animals for food.

Very valid questions, these two.

We humans do make a lot of judgement calls. Perhaps more than we are truely capable of making.

I will once again say that extremes are not good, in general. Both sides of the arguement concerning the killing of animals for food and clothing have valid points.

But these judgement calls, both pro and con, are a part of the nature of the human animal.

And yes, there are many other animals in nature that kill other animals for food.

All meat comes from farm animals and all farm animals are herbivores btw.

The cat? She ate more meat than any single one farm animal.

If anything, I feel the cat is more guilty of death than all the cows combined in a single farm.

The cat has benefited from the suffering and deaths of more animals than 10 cows. Wouldn't you agree?

The cat has benefited from the suffering and deaths of more animals than 10 cows. Wouldn't you agree?

Hehehe. Of course I agree.

(But let's don't get this 'me agreeing with you' thing out of hand. Hehehe. I enjoy disagreeing with you whenever I can as it causes you to think.)

This epiphany you have:

So..are you deciding to become less opinionated and judgmental? or is that for other Humans.

or Are you deciding to become vegetarian?

or just staying away from cat purses.

Really it don't matter what the cat lady or others do. And seeing a strange video or two doesn't mean All people are like that. I'm sure a sizable population agree with you on the cat issue but so what..

Whats important is what you do. Can you say its wrong of me to decide whats right and wrong?

4 bits

Tulku "The cat has benefited from the suffering and deaths of more animals than 10 cows. Wouldn't you agree? "

I wouldn't put it in those terms. You can't blame a cat for having cat nature.

Get rid of the cats, too many rats, too many rats disease and famine.

Circle of life, Balance of Nature stuff. Harsh, but nature moves toward sustainable systems.

We humans are blessed with a choice. We can (most often) allow a code of ethics to decide what we eat or not.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

What's the difference between killing and skinning a cat (which is already terminally ill) for its skin and killing/skinning cows for their skins, meat and other by-products?

What's the difference between the murder in the first video and murder in the second video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugS6TQYUb2Q

Foreign chicks not trapped in the American Matrix RAWK!!! :wub:

I agree with her point. If a terminally-ill pet would normally get euthanized anyways, then what's the difference??? At least you're making use of their pelts (that would otherwise be discarded) and not killing more animals for theirs. And just imagine all the complete burger-loving hypocrites writing her hate mail about the mistreatment of animals.. Why don't they go protest their local supermarkets too?? :rolleyes:

Once when I was a child my family raised chickens. One chicken for whatever reason became a something of a pet to me. My dad butchered it, my mom cooked it up- and that was a Sunday dinner that I did not eat.

Sign in to follow this