Informer

Sensation of rotation during meditation.

This is something that has been happening over the last week or so while I meditate. I get into a thoughtless and blank state, and it feels as if my body is pivoting in a circle, rotating counter-clockwise for roughly 270 degree's then clockwise for around 270 degree's. Back and forth. I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience or knows what's up.

Thanks.

What kind of meditation are you doing? You should detach from any feelings and go back to stillness

This is something that has been happening over the last week or so while I meditate. I get into a thoughtless and blank state, and it feels as if my body is pivoting in a circle, rotating counter-clockwise for roughly 270 degree's then clockwise for around 270 degree's. Back and forth. I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience or knows what's up.

Thanks.

What do you mean what kind? Simply sitting in supposed stillness that was always stillness before.

It may be closer to 180 degree rotation, it is hard to determine. Even if I put my hand on a stationary object, I still feel a roatation.

I'm not doing alchemy or energy work when this is happening if that is what you mean.

Thanks.

Does it feel like "you" are pivoting and turning or your body?

Feelings like that can be common as you begin to separate your awareness from your body.

:)

Does it feel like "you" are pivoting and turning or your body?

Feelings like that can be common as you begin to separate your awareness from your body.

Well, it does feel like the body is moving, in every sense, but it is not moving.

The rotation seems to be the same path each time. It doesn't matter which way I am facing, it is always a half circle or so clockwise and then counter clockwise, over and over.

Well, it does feel like the body is moving, in every sense, but it is not moving.

The rotation seems to be the same path each time. It doesn't matter which way I am facing, it is always a half circle or so clockwise and then counter clockwise, over and over.

Did you try to breathe deep into the Dan Tian to center yourself and stabilize your mind....???

Interesting... Does the same thing happen if you rotate your seated position before meditation? Sort of realign yourself to the energy flow. Also, can you feel energy or vibrations when you meditate?

Ahh the sense of vertigo. I think it is either that you are going deeper in meditation than usual, or your body isn't used to it yet. If you don't like it you might want to try focusing on the ground and your legs during the meditation and see what happens. Weird little things like that happen when you meditate hard after coming off of a break.

Also have you done any intoxicants a few hours or the night before the meditation? I usually get that, along with some pretty awesome closed eye visuals when I am meditating to remove a hangover using my own technique. Have fun while it lasts, it probably won't.

Did you try to breathe deep into the Dan Tian to center yourself and stabilize your mind....???

I did this and it doesn't seem to make a difference. The only things that seems to make a difference is if I put my feet on the floor, but then the spinning is still noticeable, just less so. Also if I am meditating with my eyes open I don't notice it really.

Interesting... Does the same thing happen if you rotate your seated position before meditation? Sort of realign yourself to the energy flow. Also, can you feel energy or vibrations when you meditate?

It doesn't matter which way I start out facing. Yes I notice energy. I have been noticing energy for over 10 years.

Ahh the sense of vertigo. I think it is either that you are going deeper in meditation than usual, or your body isn't used to it yet. If you don't like it you might want to try focusing on the ground and your legs during the meditation and see what happens. Weird little things like that happen when you meditate hard after coming off of a break.

Also have you done any intoxicants a few hours or the night before the meditation? I usually get that, along with some pretty awesome closed eye visuals when I am meditating to remove a hangover using my own technique. Have fun while it lasts, it probably won't.

No this has been going on for a week, not due to drugs. I know what vertigo is, it is the feeling that you get when you are in a high place and feel like you might fall, or the feeling you get when you are dreaming that you are falling and wake up. That is not what this is.

Thanks everyone for trying to help. If you guys think of anything in the future or find anything please remember me sitting here spinning wondering wtf. :D

When I open my eyes, I feel like I should be facing an entirely new direction, but I'm still facing the same direction I started. Maybe it will become evident in time.

Does your entire body feel like it spins as one, or does it spin in parts? (upper body clockwise, lower body counter clockwise). Do you feel as though if you tried you could control it? BTW if you're wondering what I'm getting at it sounds like you might be spontaneously activating the egyptian merkabah, my advice to you would be to see if you could control it and slowly progress/increase the spin as you can handle it. Also, does the spinning make you dizzy?

Edited by imonous

Does your entire body feel like it spins as one, or does it spin in parts? (upper body clockwise, lower body counter clockwise). Do you feel as though if you tried you could control it? BTW if you're wondering what I'm getting at it sounds like you might be spontaneously activating the egyptian merkabah, my advice to you would be to see if you could control it and slowly progress/increase the spin as you can handle it. Also, does the spinning make you dizzy?

No, it doesn't feel dizzy at all, Just feels a bit disoriented as I earlier eluded too. It does feel like it is the entire body, but I maybe missing something more subtle.

Yes, I was trying to complete a rotation and might have coaxed it a bit further, but I'm not sure to go clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Hi, you may be interested in reading the progress of insight as described by the Buddhist Theravada tradition. Cannot say much, but most of unenlightened taoists like me experience over and over again the symptoms described in "Mind & Body", "Cause & Effect" and "The Three Characteristics".

Have a look at:

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/dharma-wiki/-/wiki/Main/The%20Progress%20of%20Insight?p_r_p_185834411_title=The%20Progress%20of%20Insight

Best wishes,

Pablo

No, it doesn't feel dizzy at all, Just feels a bit disoriented as I earlier eluded too. It does feel like it is the entire body, but I maybe missing something more subtle.

Yes, I was trying to complete a rotation and might have coaxed it a bit further, but I'm not sure to go clockwise or counter-clockwise.

If it is indeed the merkabah, which I suspect it might be since it doesn't make you extremely dizzy and you are able to remain coherent, there isn't a specific direction you are "supposed" to spin. If you ever get lost just let go and see which way it wants to go and use your mind to increase it.

p.s. The merkabah doesn't just start spinning when you go deep into meditation, it is always spinning just at a very slow rate that matches the earths spin, so while you are fully concious and interacting with earth existence it isn't noticeable.

If it is indeed the merkabah, which I suspect it might be since it doesn't make you extremely dizzy and you are able to remain coherent, there isn't a specific direction you are "supposed" to spin. If you ever get lost just let go and see which way it wants to go and use your mind to increase it.

p.s. The merkabah doesn't just start spinning when you go deep into meditation, it is always spinning just at a very slow rate that matches the earths spin, so while you are fully concious and interacting with earth existence it isn't noticeable.

Thank you for giving me something to go on imonous, I'll have to look into it more. I honestly didn't think anyone would be able to help me with this. :)

Informer,

I am not sure how to formulate this , but I will try. :)

First dont try and spin anything , rather watch where and why this is coming from that way you will come to understand a lot. Hope that this comes across well intentioned. Someone before me mentioned 'stay centered',that is a good advice.

Astral realms spin ,we are spinned into being in some way. I feel this spinning from universe entering my being with every breath .

Sometimes I sit and also like you spin and spin so fast , waves and waves wash over me ,transforming, chaniging, I am opening up more and more ,asleep in body counciousness and awake in different dimension.

Sometimes I also become disorentated while sitting and it has happened that I forget that I have a body at all ,so when I am returning and thoughts come back ,I think where is my body ,is it on the chair? Or is it sitting on the floor? :ninja::lol: Or when I start feeling my bum on the chair I think ,ah here I am .

I went through a phase some 7 years ago when I was literally reeling while walking from this spinning sensation sometimes ,this was due to me starting to adjust to different frequencies during an instense meditation period.

I do feel dizzy when I am standing up with my eyes closed; it seems to be that I had lost my sense of balance. Of course, I was brain tired due to lack of sleep at the time.

Edited by ChiDragon

I've experienced something similar, read that it's your spirit re-aligning with your body.

It was quite pleasent.

:) This is how you return to stillness. My thoughts exactly. Don't attach and return to your dantian

Thanks.

it's happens to me when I meditate on the pulse (to find the pulse between the heartbeats and to let it take over)...I don't do it very often.

This happens to me on occasion as well.

My take on it comes from an interview with a Shaolin master who said that after qi gong one of the most important things is to stand afterwards and be like (I forget the the exact name right now, but something like) "leaves and branches swaying in the wind" swaying back and forth with the chi flow, side to side, where ever the chi moves you. He said that not doing this loses a large percentage of the accumulated qi from the practice, I guess because it has to settle naturally.

I'm just speculating, but I think stillness-movement qi gong works with this too, just basing that on the videos I've seen of it.

So, my advice would be to go with it as it's probably chi that has been activated and so it's moving around and physically moving your body with it (chi tends to move in spirals according to some internal martial arts practitioners).

Buddhist meditation would say to pass it over, but Taoists also practice sitting forms of Chi Gong so you can go with these feelings to nourish the organs and open energy channels and things when you've gotten to the point that it's still moving but not necessarily taking your torso with it! but if the body wants to move with it right now to adapt to the circulation, then it probably knows what it's talkin' about, lol.

I wouldn't try to move intentionally, but let the chi do it's thangalang until it's ready to settle back home..lol. Or not. Whatever you want to do...lol.

Yep. Spirals. Spinning things.

It's neat to find that there are some common sensations. But, yeah.

Made me think of

My link

Then there's the bouncy sensations and the uppy-downies and the 'lost in space' and my current favourite 'golden ecstatic flying dreams'.

And a whole bunch more. Some of which I mention here. That we share them is awesome. What they 'mean'? Oh. Don't let anyone tell you:-)

• Like 1

:) This is how you return to stillness. My thoughts exactly. Don't attach and return to your dantian

With this particular phenomena going further into stillness actually increases your awareness/sensitivity to it. Informer can you confirm whether or not this is the case for you?

Edited by imonous