tulku

Are BDSM insults towards males tolerated yet BDSM remarks towards females are a big no-no?

Is it a gender thing? Or is it a supporter/agenda thing? I know that i have to hold off on jumping in when i see a TTB i generally like having an argument. I do try to focus on the argument and not the person. Straw dogs n all that. I don't know how good i am at it though.

I guess both goes on but there are a lot of men who seem think that women need defending and protecting and take that attitude to the internet. The weirdest cases I have seen are when playing MMO's like World Of Warcraft and you select a female character and name you get twice the help and messages of thanks from the other players than if you select a male character, I found it pretty creepy when I tried it :lol:

• Like 2

Yep it's true, this board has always been a sausagefest since its very inception! :lol:

sausage%20fest.jpg

As far as the reasons why, I guess that's a whole topic in itself??

You could compare the amount of female participation in spiritual forums as a whole vs other secular forums dedicated to topics like general lifestyle or (allegedly) problems getting laid?

And then pie chart the spiritual forum participation into its various belief systems (including Taoism).

Based upon this data, you could then determine if women today are just less "spiritual" in general (online) or simply more interested in other spiritual systems other than Taoism. And so on..

Or perhaps you've already done all this and already know the answer - and so are only rhetorically posing this question? If so, mind just sharing the answer with us? :D

That was a nice kick in the a$$ Mr Vortex. I am trying, really I am, to understand all kinds of things. Yes, my question was honest. Yes, I suck at rhetoric (mentioned already). Yes I do think it would be cool if a bunch of Taoist forum people could work out ways for all kinds of things to happen (including having people understand each other).

We could probably do all the pie charts. But I'm not sure even then you'd be convinced.

Best call I'd make on this one is go and talk to women about these issues.

I think women tend to be more open to talking about these kinds of things with their friends, hence they don't feel the need to go online and share, whereas most men feel uncomfortable talking about spiritual things with others, hence they look for an anonymous output. I have no problem talking to anyone about this kind of stuff, but I very rarely find anyone interested in having these discussions, unless they're women (seriously), so I tend to come to the forum to talk about this stuff. Lately I've felt less of a need to express myself in this regard because the more I practice, the less important it all seems.

Aaron

Despite what cultural stereotypes may indicate, guys are surprisingly circumspect about topics that are weighing on their minds. :ninja: whoops, did I just break the bro code? :P

So, in my experience, guys aren't going to be all like "hey man.... so, I'm having an existential crisis....."

It'll be more like you're playing basketball and they're all like "yo, you ever notice how people do X?....."

Then you'll be eating dinner later that night and they'll be like "hey, remember when I said that thing about X.... well.... what about Y?" And then you do a little back and forth.

And then a week later it'll be like, "hey, you remember X and Y? Yeah.... well.... how about Z.... because, you know, A just happened to me yesterday, and then I did B, and I was like... whoah..... C...... hey, did you hear about Halo 4?"

So, I dunno, you just got to be able to recognize it when it's happening. It's like I mentioned in the "can normal people got Tao" thread. People are surprisingly self/spiritually aware. They just don't know the words to use. But if you listen to their thoughts, they go in that direction. But culture has become so secular/materialistic, and philosophy is "weird", that a lot of people don't have an outlet to work out this stuff that they notice.

So, you know, watch out. Because once you get some people going.... they don't stop :lol:

Oh yeah that happens all the time, maybe not so much on this site but on many other forums I go to it's common.

internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

Ah yeah. the worst is when you're vsing a girl or guy posing as a girl on a game. then because she's losing 2 other guys join her team to beat me while im alone.

Best is when I beat them all though haha.

Yes, there are many white knights...and not nearly enough black knights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw

Ah yeah I've been called a dark horse (had to google that one). Black knight, a couple times. :glare:

• Like 1

I am a female who loves men. I live with two men at once. I wish I had a penis because they are beautiful. I once made a sculpture of a penis out of clay...the reason it came out so good was because I actually gave it a hand job while making it.

• Like 2

The other day I was at a store and I saw these two little children, a boy and a girl. The girl was hitting the boy over and over smiling, you could tell she knew she was annoying him, and the boy sat there and didn't do anything for quite awhile, then finally tired of it he turned and hit her, just once, and not very hard. The girl cried, the mother flew into a fury and said, "don't you hit a girl you little bully!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfmWZQemREo

:lol: Man...this country has really degenerated into one steaming sh*thole!!

It ain't just women (as far as that video), but America's attitude towards violence (and I can only really speak about American culture) is pretty ass backwards, if you ask me.

When I was growing up, I was the fat kid, and half a foot taller than everybody else. I got picked on a lot by all of the smaller, faster kids. Nobody believed that I got bullied because, you know, I could easily beat them up, they wouldn't pick on me. But being the nice guy that I was, and being as anti-violence as I was raised, I didn't do anything. So these kids kept running around talking shit and generally causing problems.

One day I punched the kid in the face, got suspended from school for a week, but never in the next three years did I have any bullying problems, and never in the next three years did that kid get into anymore trouble.

In another instance, I have a cousin who likes to talk shit behind all the parents' backs. Everyone in our generation knows this guy is an asshole. One day we heard that this group of three kids in his high school got together and beat the shit out of our cousin. None of us were surprised. He probably said something racist to a bunch of people bigger than him, and since he was so used to getting away with everything thanks to his parents thinking he was a little angel, he got himself into some trouble.

Sometimes I think we're taking natural survival "control" mechanisms away, and allowing stupid people to get away with stupid behavior that they wouldn't otherwise have gotten away with.

Not to say that I think that people should go around beating up anyone they want to get their way. Not at all. But some people have this idea in their heads that they can insult, harass, and otherwise heckle someone with no consequence. Because, you know, if they get hit, they can call the cops on the other guy for throwing the first punch. And if you're a woman, well, god forbid any man lays a hand on you, because you'll have his ass sent down to jail for assaulting a woman, and nobody will ask many questions for a couple of weeks until it gets to court.

Now to the video specifically, I don't know what the situation is. But I know that if someone is making a move to walk away, and you follow them down the street taunting them, you're basically asking to get knocked the fuck out... at least, if you're a dude.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

I watched this video. In my opinion the girls were foolish and disrespectful and should have expected this kind of reaction to their behavior. The man was very much acting in defense of his person. I don't think any court would convict him of assault, simply because he didn't use excessive force (imo). With that said none of the parties involved were innocent and I don't think assigning degrees of blame help the matter. The person most to blame was the cameraman. That guy should get a job that doesn't involve the suffering of others.

Aaron

The person most to blame was the cameraman. That guy should get a job that doesn't involve the suffering of others.

?

A bit like "killing the messenger", no?

A fight goes down, and someone records it- it ain't the camera person's fault!

Unless the camera person started up a fight to get some footage.

I can understand the point about him getting a job that doesn't involve the suffering of others (good luck finding that, btw, because I'd say most jobs do), but that wouldn't mean he's to "blame".

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

Right, I have no idea who's really at fault here without seeing what instigated it all...but I just find all the mind-boggling identity politics conflicts involved almost surreal. :lol:

Here we have a lesbian..."mimicking" a male wigga (with cornrows, brass knuckles & sagging shorts)..."mimicking" a Black urban "hoodrat"...confronting an actual Black dude.

Whose girlfriend keeps taunting him until he finally shoves her a few times. Which she then replies back with, "you wanna hit a girl, nigga?" & "you fight hoes cuz you a pu55y-azz nigga."

So it's like a trap she baited him into where either he takes it like a b*tch - or if he pushes back, then he's a pu55y.

On top of which, all her insults actually only reinforce the old "sexist" notion that women are weak - that they might appear to (literally) be fighting against. But again, I guess that actually supports my assertion that feminism is actually anti-feminine/female. :lol:

I guess this type of "logic" just works much better on TV than IRL?

Edited by vortex

Woah, for a moment that sounded like Non, another TTb poster.

What people who despise large numbers of other people?

I don't think they actually do. I think they despise a few (maybe even only one or two) people and then extrapolate wildly to include lots more.

• Like 2