tulku

True Love can only exist without Lust (For Enlightenment)

A lot of you have been debating with me about the importance of Love for enlightenment.

Reminds me.

I watched this documentary years ago. It was about a study about how many men would help a beautiful young woman carry a heavy luggage up the stairs versus how many men helping an old ugly woman carry a heavy luggage.

I believe more than 10 men helped the young woman with her heavy luggage but only 1 or 2 men and even a woman i think helped the old woman with her luggage.

All of you have been arguing about how important Love is, how important a woman or a man is for your cultivation but seriously, how many of you know the difference between Love and Lust?

Do you think that Lust is necessary for cultivation?

Do you think that Lust is not antithetical to enlightenment?

You know contrary to what a recent idiotic poster claims about how all the chakras are equal lying down, there is a reason why the heart chakra stands above the root sex chakra and why the crown and pineal gland chakras stand above the heart chakra.

Love is not the same as Lust.

Love is much higher than Lust.

And Spirit stands much higher than Love.

This is why I say Lust is totally unnecessary for Enlightenment.

Love is maybe necessary depending on your individual situation and current level of cultivation.

Edited by tulku
  • Like 1

i have true love, and i have lust for enlightenment!

we disagree on everything tulku :D

why do you post these trolly posts? nobody ever responds with "why tulku you are so correct" or "oh thank you tulku for mentioning it you are so kind and correct".

i hope that you do not die a grumpy old person who is always shaking his cane at kids telling them they should be meditating. may you find peace!

• Like 1

i have true love, and i have lust for enlightenment!

we disagree on everything tulku :D

why do you post these trolly posts? nobody ever responds with "why tulku you are so correct" or "oh thank you tulku for mentioning it you are so kind and correct".

i hope that you do not die a grumpy old person who is always shaking his cane at kids telling them they should be meditating. may you find peace!

Lust for sex and Lust for enlightenment are two totally different things.

I hope this thread can help people understand the differences between Lust and Love.

I hope I die a single unmarried young man meditating. That would be true peace!

Edited by tulku

I hope I die a single unmarried young man meditating. That would be true peace!

well i hope you live long enough to see your vigorous attitude about enlightenment bear some fruit good sir

i won't ask why you want to die young, its none of my business.

• Like 1

well i hope you live long enough to see your vigorous attitude about enlightenment bear some fruit good sir

i won't ask why you want to die young, its none of my business.

Look anmatva.

In this thread, I am not gonna argue whether Love is important for Enlightenment.

What I am gonna ask now is..

Is Lust necessary and even antithetical to Enlightenment?

Is Love more true when you give Love with any expectations of your own Happiness?

Because that is what Lust is. Lust is a hunger for your own Happiness.

Love is a giving of Happiness.

Lust is a taking a hunger for Happiness.

You tell me, my bros and sis, is Lust necessary for Enlightenment?

How do you expect to have Enlightenment when you have Greed?

Look anmatva.

In this thread, I am not gonna argue whether Love is important for Enlightenment.

Is Love more true when you give Love with any expectations of your own Happiness?

Love is something you feel within.

Lust is wanting of something you don't have.

You have love so it is impossible to lust for.

Just find it.

Look anmatva.

i am not really into the idea of enlightenment it to me implies a static state or some kind of goal

to me there is just process. the "road to enlightenment" is process.. it never stops. we never "reach enlightenment". there is no static state where we stop growing or learning and just start teaching. we are always learning.

so right from the start i can not relate to your question in that way.

lust? definitely an obstacle to spiritual cultivation.

love? great stuff, in all its forms. i like the greek model of 3 kinds of love, eros, phila, agape.

• Like 1

Love is something you feel within.

Lust is wanting of something you don't have.

You have love so it is impossible to lust for.

Just find it.

Then you tell me, bro Informer, why does so many not only in here but everywhere else as well say it is important to find a mate(man or woman) for your spiritual cultivation?

Why does everyone say it is important to find love for everyone else by staying in the cities?

All along, the best way to find the Love inside is to meditate in a secluded location disconnected from the masses.

Then you tell me, bro Informer, why does so many not only in here but everywhere else as well say it is important to find a mate(man or woman) for your spiritual cultivation?

Why does everyone say it is important to find love for everyone else by staying in the cities?

All along, the best way to find the Love inside is to meditate in a secluded location disconnected from the masses.

Didn't know that it did. :wacko:

Edited by Informer

Ah ha! A quoted excerpt finally!

I agree. But there is love in lust. Lust is like a malformed and misdirected love, the energy is there, the jing essence. One shouldn't deny that energy but seek to transform it.

• Like 1

I think the difference between love and lust is very similar to the contrast you see in zook and zeek. You know?

Wha's zook and zeek??

I have traveled and lived in numerous countries all my life. East West maybe even a bit in the middle.

Everywhere you find humans searching for the love they are missing in someone else.

This is why mating, dating, coupling and starting a family is our number one priority in the world.

All our activities revolve around the prime directive of mating and coupling.

We think we can only find the missing love in our mates and in our families, in our friends and in our colleagues, in our bosses and in our teachers..

This is why everybody clamors to be a star a celebrity. This is why American Idols are so popular in every country that the media industry in every country started a local version of American Idol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol_series

You ever heard of South African Idol? Belgium Idool? Estonian Eesti otsib superstaari?

Indian Idol? Indonesian Idol?

All these attention these celebrities get. It is a form of love of unadulterated attention.

Peeps are so crazy for love they do just about anything and everything.

Yet these suckers are so empty inside.

Ah, the difference between love that is bound in ideals and Love that is free.

No my friend.

This is True Love.

You can never find True Love in a marriage or between sexual mates.

No my friend.

This is True Love.

True love isn't something that needs to be described, only to be felt. Find it then work with it.

Ah, the difference between love that is bound in ideals and Love that is free.

No my friend.

This is True Love.

Explain why you think I am wrong and how the video says I am wrong?

Edited by Informer

so tempted to post titty pix! :P

-removed text-

Erotic love is on top of lust, not next to it.

Edited by witch

so tempted to post titty pix! :P

I'm not saying this is a good way in general, tulku, but in your case I think you'd get more benefit from a couple months in chastity like a CB6000 with a very sexually attractive and dominant female keyholder bossing you around. Erotic love is on top of lust, not next to it.

You're one of those naughty types, aren't you? :P

One of these days I'll have sex and I'll figure out what y'all are talking about.

i will probably choke that keyholder to death first

I see I was correct.

-removed text-

:)

Internal alchemy based on hatred will hurt you in the end, honey. I think you need to work on girl issues first.

Edited by witch
  • Like 8

Ah ha! A quoted excerpt finally!

I agree. But there is love in lust. Lust is like a malformed and misdirected love, the energy is there, the jing essence. One shouldn't deny that energy but seek to transform it.

Yea, my suspicion right now is that lust is houtian jing draining downward for release out your drainpipe..

Whereas love is xiantian jing that got channeled up to your heart and refined into qi, instead.

Now, what happens when this qi goes up the next step into your UDT and gets refined into shen? Can't wait to find out!!! :D

PS - I reallly miss drewhempel and all his awesome ramblings and colorful O@D anecdotes here! He needs to come back!!! :lol:

View Posttulku, on 08 September 2011 - 04:43 AM, said:

i will probably choke that keyholder to death first

Internal alchemy based on hatred will hurt you in the end, honey. I think you need to work on girl issues first.

I'm not sure if Tulku was being sarcastic. I think most people would say they'd walk away, not kill a woman if they didn't like the situation pictured.

The reason I brought up KAP in an earlier situation is because it bases so much of its foundation on relaxed, happy energy. One of its foundational practices has you running relaxation, confidence, love, and finally sexual energy through your system. All good feelings.

I agree with witch, if you're doing energy work and not positive your way more likely to get burned. For what its worth Kap has its share of emptiness meditation too, but before you begin them you start out running positive energy.

Recently I posted you could get to the top levels without a teacher. I think I was wrong. Without a solid experienced teacher, we don't know, what we don't know. There are short cuts, good and bad, and safeties that we may not know.

2 bits

• Like 2