witch

My left hand path (for -K-)

I wouldn't put any stock in "qualifications" for lurking or nutherwise.

Doesn't much contradict anything for me. What's alchemy if it ain't 'chemy:-)?

That's exactly right. :) That was external alchemy (also a taoist pursuit, in fact a taoist invention -- e.g., immunization shots we think of as "modern western medicine" were invented by a taoist nun in the 13th century), then came internal. That was zen, this is tao.

From what I've understood so far. The activity of "Taoism" consists in the progressive mastery of oneself.

Should go somewhere in gold letters.

Then of course the very "oneself" progressively mastered expands (yang) and deepens (yin) and becomes like that shaman whose job was to tell the hunters where exactly to go hunting, who, when asked by an anthropologist how he knows where the herd is, responded, "how do you know where you toes are?"

What kind of dosing did you use for Piracetam? I have like 500g of Piracetam sitting around (I hate the taste) along with another 500g or so of Choline.

What kind of dosing did you use for Piracetam? I have like 500g of Piracetam sitting around (I hate the taste) along with another 500g or so of Choline.

I had it in capsules, so I don't know what it tastes like. You can encapsulate yours if you like -- there's cheap little plastic contraptions for the purpose sold at HFSs and empty capsules too.

The load dose protocol started with somewhere between 6 and 10 grams in one single dose plus don't remember how much choline and either NAC or glutathione, it was a while ago, and this was topped off by a hefty handful of antioxidants to clean up the metabolites (backed up by orthomolecular medicine's lore). Then I think you start the normal dosages at 2g three times a day and then start tapering off, shaving 500 mg off the last daily dose, then off the second, then reducing to 2 daily doses, etc.. And it's one month on, one month off or something like that. I would go to Dean/Fowkes books on smart drugs for precise recipes, I'm pretty rusty, so please don't take my word for it.

I've used Piracetam on and off on a number of occasions, usually to better recover after a mind-numbing stressful period (it doesn't help with stress at all but it helps recover the energy expended on dealing with stress afterwards.) It used to be very mainstream-medicine in Europe (don't know how the medical picture has changed there later), and the uses were sometimes dramatic (e.g., administered intravenously, it gets people out of shock, coma, alcoholic delirium, etc.). My MD friends gave it to their children and aging parents, it was very safe. I don't think the FDA likes safe drugs with no (or minimal) side effects, but of course it's not the reason it's not been approved, the main one is, the whole class of nootropics is a selective blind spot of American medicine, they are simply not used here because, well, they can actually treat stupidity, poor cognitive skills, poor school performance, stuff like that. In other words, nothing to hang a diagnosis on. "Stupid" is not a disease. It's a patriotic duty.

• Like 1

No kidding. Fluoride and iodine, for starters.

I have a question about glutathione. I've been taking a bioavailable version for a while now. Pricey stuff. I'm doing it for antioxidant reasons, but does it also help with cognition?

• Like 1

No kidding. Fluoride and iodine, for starters.

I have a question about glutathione. I've been taking a bioavailable version for a while now. Pricey stuff. I'm doing it for antioxidant reasons, but does it also help with cognition?

You can cheapen your glutathione by taking a combo of NAC and glutamine instead and letting the body convert as much as it needs to glutathione.

Yes, it helps with cognition too, mostly in terms of adding to your decision-making energy, sometimes making the difference between "why bother" and "why not." In my experience, it's mostly energy, which way you direct it depends on what activity you are engaged in. In my case, it was mostly emotional energy. This, by the way, can backfire. But people who have no emotional energy ("wet blankets," "nay sayers," "naggers" etc.) are almost invariably glutathione deficient.

However, all this stuff is in my past (except in emergencies for which I like orthomolecular prescriptions sometimes, like megadoses of vitamin C with a cold, or HGH releasers if I slack too much on keeping my muscles in good repair, etc.). I experimented with free-form aminos and nootropics and antioxidants et al enough to know that no one knows what the main effect will be until it hits them. The main effect is, as I stated earlier, they are like a crowbar to break a lock to get somewhere you want to go, be it more energy, better cognitive powers, faster recovery from illness, muscle definition, sexual tuning, whatever -- and I used the crowbar when I didn't have the keys, and when you do that you can damage the doors you only wanted to open, and I did, and even though it turned out for the better eventually, this "eventually" had to be lived through and there was no guarantee I would, and there's no guarantee anyone going where there's defensive locks and breaking them will. When you get "better cognition," e.g., you cognize not only what you intended to (i.e. a math problem), you might cognize whatever this particular pathway that was blocked leads to, and it can lead to memories, and these memories are not necessarily neocortical, they might reside in the midbrain and lower brain and refer to the time (before 3 months old, e.g.) when you didn't even have a functional neocortex -- and parts of it weren't even fully formed till you were 5 years old -- so what do they know and what can they understand about stuff that happened when they weren't there? Tweaking with your brain can connect you to that stuff without giving you the tools to comprehend the information and (if the doors have been damaged) without giving you back the old option of just shutting it off. So, I step WAY carefully these days. None of it is, in and of itself, "dangerous," but YOU (or me or anyone) may be dangerous to probe and prod with this stuff, and not know it till you know. Usually at the stage of "now I know" it's also "but I don't know what to do about it."

• Like 2

I'm still at the "better living through chemistry" phase. Most of what I take is on the basic end, nothing tricky, although I am taking some stuff to counteract the modern diet and chemical exposure, like Logol's iodine. That's why I'm taking the glutathione, for its antioxidant purposes.

Of course you are much more advanced with all this. I'm still at the basic detox stage.

• Like 1

If you use this stuff sparingly, that's probably fine.

I've a question about Lugol's -- I used to get mine in Mexico where I traveled fairly often, but it's been a while, so now the only thing I have is this bottle, and I don't remember how I got it but have a hunch a friendly chemist gave it to me at some point, someone who likes to get his supplements from places that cater to horses and other large animals, asserting that they're the same at a fraction of HFS costs. It is from a company named 'Polarchem' and the label says,

"Iodine Solution 5% (w/v) (Lugol's Solution)

and contains

Iodine --4.5-5.5 g/100ml

Potassium Iodide -- 9.5-10.5g/100 ml

followed by a most severe warning (about the same you would expect on a bottle of cyanide). The warning is likely to be bogus (as most of them are), but I wonder if the composition is the same as on what you have. I mean, do I have normal Lugol's and can proceed as I would with any other brand, or do I have something funky?

If you use this stuff sparingly, that's probably fine.

I've a question about Lugol's -- I used to get mine in Mexico where I traveled fairly often, but it's been a while, so now the only thing I have is this bottle, and I don't remember how I got it but have a hunch a friendly chemist gave it to me at some point, someone who likes to get his supplements from places that cater to horses and other large animals, asserting that they're the same at a fraction of HFS costs. It is from a company named 'Polarchem' and the label says,

"Iodine Solution 5% (w/v) (Lugol's Solution)

and contains

Iodine --4.5-5.5 g/100ml

Potassium Iodide -- 9.5-10.5g/100 ml

followed by a most severe warning (about the same you would expect on a bottle of cyanide). The warning is likely to be bogus (as most of them are), but I wonder if the composition is the same as on what you have. I mean, do I have normal Lugol's and can proceed as I would with any other brand, or do I have something funky?

I believe Lugol's is Lugol's. It's been around forever and was considered a panacea a century ago--some people carried it in tiny necklace flasks so they would never be without it. It's now illegal to sell it at that concentration in the U.S.--here it's no higher than 2%. As long as you adjust the dose accordingly, you should be fine, unless they added something nasty to it on purpose so it couldn't be used internally (the way they do with rubbing alcohol). But if they did that it should say so on the bottle.

Please proceed careful if you do try an iodine detox. I'm posting this again:

http://breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html

If you have a lot of bromide in your system, if it all flushes out at once you can feel like you're being poisoned. It also flushes out some of the other -ine/ide chemicals stored in the body, so you can feel like hell.

I had it in capsules, so I don't know what it tastes like. You can encapsulate yours if you like -- there's cheap little plastic contraptions for the purpose sold at HFSs and empty capsules too.

The load dose protocol started with somewhere between 6 and 10 grams in one single dose plus don't remember how much choline and either NAC or glutathione, it was a while ago, and this was topped off by a hefty handful of antioxidants to clean up the metabolites (backed up by orthomolecular medicine's lore). Then I think you start the normal dosages at 2g three times a day and then start tapering off, shaving 500 mg off the last daily dose, then off the second, then reducing to 2 daily doses, etc.. And it's one month on, one month off or something like that. I would go to Dean/Fowkes books on smart drugs for precise recipes, I'm pretty rusty, so please don't take my word for it.

I've used Piracetam on and off on a number of occasions, usually to better recover after a mind-numbing stressful period (it doesn't help with stress at all but it helps recover the energy expended on dealing with stress afterwards.) It used to be very mainstream-medicine in Europe (don't know how the medical picture has changed there later), and the uses were sometimes dramatic (e.g., administered intravenously, it gets people out of shock, coma, alcoholic delirium, etc.). My MD friends gave it to their children and aging parents, it was very safe. I don't think the FDA likes safe drugs with no (or minimal) side effects, but of course it's not the reason it's not been approved, the main one is, the whole class of nootropics is a selective blind spot of American medicine, they are simply not used here because, well, they can actually treat stupidity, poor cognitive skills, poor school performance, stuff like that. In other words, nothing to hang a diagnosis on. "Stupid" is not a disease. It's a patriotic duty.

ohmy.gif 6-10 grams of piracetam at a time?! wow, wow that is some serious brain salad surgery there.

on a couple of occasions while working in the desert of south texas, del rio area, i wandered into mexico,

stood in line behind the folks who were buying oxycontin, xanax, anabolic steroids, whichevers, and then i presented by box of 800 mg piractems, nootropil(the original nootropic, i presume becoz of the brand name?) anyways i was taking one each, 3 times a day.

really i am the guy who might recklessly take too many natural herbs, minerals, nutrients, mushrooms, tree barks. deer antler velvets, etc but as far as chemicals, i only would go in for small dosage if at all.

still piracetam had piqued my curiosity and i would like to have combined it with hydergine, again small doses.

at any rate my co-workers insisted i dis-continue the piracetam. their observation was that i could not only read their minds but also plant their next thoughts thereninja.gif they already had a certain trepidation about sitting at a poker table with me. and now it was just impossible to get a little recreational poker in after work.

well, i no longer wander down into mexico but i wouldnt mind some piracetam and or hydergine. if anyone can PM me a lead on where to aquire? or else i could check ebay? afterall live cobras and nuclear kitchens have been found therelaugh.gif

I believe Lugol's is Lugol's. It's been around forever and was considered a panacea a century ago--some people carried it in tiny necklace flasks so they would never be without it. It's now illegal to sell it at that concentration in the U.S.--here it's no higher than 2%. As long as you adjust the dose accordingly, you should be fine, unless they added something nasty to it on purpose so it couldn't be used internally (the way they do with rubbing alcohol). But if they did that it should say so on the bottle.

Please proceed careful if you do try an iodine detox. I'm posting this again:

http://breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html

If you have a lot of bromide in your system, if it all flushes out at once you can feel like you're being poisoned. It also flushes out some of the other -ine/ide chemicals stored in the body, so you can feel like hell.

That's interesting Witch. The list of horrible symptoms sounds familiar to me.

I wouldn't do it (the detox) because of the symptoms. Best to try not to ingest too much of the nasties. I've given up the ones I can't control.

Taomeow's post also interesting. Also cuncur about neural paths and being able to open and shut doors at will. Which I can't Btw. So far I can only deal with the consequences of them opening or closing and attempt to do the right thing. Which is mostly nothing anyway.

i also experimented with piracetam, was working a brainy job and studying chinese at the same time, as you may well imagine takes alot of mental energy - i never considered this type of energy until i started feeling depletion. piracetam boosted it up, no doubts or maybes about that , i never took more than 1,5 g a day though.

i stopped it because i had a hard time trying to sleep consecutive days after that, although i still use it in emergency situations. if i could only bypass the problem of sleeplessness :blush:

to get on topic, witch, i would like to know who else you helped on this forum with.. left hand path personal terapy? it would add on to my perspective about the various people i met here haha, already had some surprises..

me, i'd only like to glance at the tigress from a distance haha

Just curious.. have any of you ladies here tried the herb Shatavari? Ayurvedic medicine claims it to be a powerful rejuvenative tonic for women.

In other words, I was born this way. biggrin.gif With all the problems I was having with entities, I decided to go for it. Used to feel bad about being the way I am, but come to find out there's lots of men out there who want to be tapped, so I figure as long as I'm upfront about who I am and what I'm doing, where's the harm? Performing a public service, collecting up that unwanted.

How can you know if you have entities problems especially if you don't have experience ?

How can you know if you have entities problems especially if you don't have experience ?

I think there are warning signs, but I couldn't say for sure what they are. Different people will experience different things. If you are concerned that you may have an entity issue, you might want to contact someone who is skilled with that sort of thing. I know someone who has quite a bit of experience dealing with all sorts of entities. PM me and I can get you in touch with her.