Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

"false" Believes About Meditators?

I am curious. I visited a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in years. Most people that know me know that I am mainly wearing black clothes... and several deslike that... and then yesterday she asked me (I do not remember the exact words) or better to say hinted at: that the black I wear does not really fit to my talking about meditation?

To me it belongs into the category of false believes about were meditation leads and what it is about (though I might be wrong and the dark clothes really is reflecting the darkness of my soul...)...

any similar experiences?

with Smiles

Harry

Black is this year's black.

Tell them fashion is not spiritualism and maybe to develop their own fashion sense while they are staying out of your head.

If you live in an urban environment black is just practical since it hides the grime...If you feel your soul is a dark place (seriously!?) then changing your clothes may or may not help ya....I think this may be one for Oprah...

I do know color makes me happy, but black makes me look thinner. And if I layer black and yellow I look like John Baluchi as the bumble -bee.

Have you tried a nudist colony? Can't lose anything but your inhibitions there!

Now isnt Black the favoured colour of a lot of zen practitioners ? And they could hardly be accused of skimping on serious meditation commitments. Isnt white the colour asociated with death & funerals in some South-East Asian countries ?

I kinda have a reverse bias here.Im deeply suspicious of anyone whose compelled to wear white all the time :lol:

Regards,a stormy BLACK Cloud :)

Edited by cloud recluse

Cooool. Some very interesting points mentioned and great material presented...!!!

My soul: you can believe me: it is as pure as the purest virgin :D

Now I gonna wear white :lol:

Harry

Now isnt Black the favoured colour of a lot of zen practitioners ? And they could hardly be accused of skimping on serious meditation commitments.

Can't talk for all zen schools, 'cause oh lordy they iz all different in their beliefs. It mostly comes down to the master of the school setting, or not setting, a dress code. But, in general I think the mode of operandi is "dark" colors at certain ceremonies or occasions. The theory I think is color sets the mood and also is a sign of respect.

Sign in to follow this