Sign in to follow this  
Informer

Relative Vs. Absolute Void

Charles Luk-

"Seeing the void as not empty is right and seeing the void as empty is wrong, for failure to return to the (tsu ch'iao) center (which is not empty) prevents the light of vitality from manifesting. Under the heart and above the genital organ is an empty space where spiritual vitality manifests to form a cavity. When spirit and vitality return to this cavity, spiritual vitality will soar up to form a circle (of light) which is not void. Voidness which does not radiate is relative but voidness which radiates is absolute. Absolute voidness is not empty like relative voidness. Voidness that is not empty is spiritual light which is spirit-vitality that springs from the yellow hall center (huang ting or middle tan t'ien, in the solar plexus)."

• Like 1

In other words, relative void is a shift of awareness to that aspect within that is void. Away from the mind to settle to a lower funtional point. It is not empty like the absolute void, which is completely empty, and wrong view.

Well, I agree with the opening phrase but the rest is beyond my limits.

Reminded of a discussion I had regarding "Nothingness" and "Absolute Nothingness".

Well, I agree with the opening phrase but the rest is beyond my limits.

Reminded of a discussion I had regarding "Nothingness" and "Absolute Nothingness".

Remember the chart of the functional and governor channels? The void is part of the functional channel that can be utilized to abolish attachements, as well as thought.

When one is situated in this cavity it is like a void as far as the mind is concerned. Because the mind gets no play to muff the objective experience. Although it is possible to achieve both aspects simultaneously. A sort of splitting of awareness.

Remember the chart of the functional and governor channels? The void is part of the functional channel that can be utilized to abolish attachements, as well as thought.

When one is situated in this cavity it is like a void as far as the mind is concerned. Because the mind gets no play to muff the objective experience. Although it is possible to achieve both aspects simultaneously. A sort of splitting of awareness.

Thanks. However, for me, you speak with an unknown language. Hopefully someone will discuss that with you I can learn something. (Maybe not, I'm a pretty old dog.)

Thanks. However, for me, you speak with an unknown language. Hopefully someone will discuss that with you I can learn something. (Maybe not, I'm a pretty old dog.)

microcosmic_orbit.gif

Navel (Chi-Chung) not T-11.

That is a relative void, if you sink awareness to that point, it makes the thoughts cease to manifest, as well as the rest of the senses, eluding to emptiness.

So basically you shift awareness to that point, and the light should manifest just above that point (solar-plexus) after a time.

Which what I think is happening is combining of yin and yang. This allows the yang to transverse the relative void because it becomes relative yang (transformed to fire). Then to rest in the sea of chi. Where the fire and water make steam which feed the spirit.

That is a relative void, if you sink awareness to that point, it makes the thoughts cease to manifest, as well as the rest of the senses, eluding to emptiness.

So basically you shift awareness to that point, and the light should manifest just above that point (solar-plexus) after a time.

Which what I think is happening is combining of yin and yang. This allows the yang to transverse the relative void because it becomes relative yang (transformed to fire). Then to rest in the sea of chi. Where the fire and water make steam which feed the spirit.

Alright! But if you think you are going to get me hooked on this stuff you are wrong. Hehehe. I love my spontaneous meditations.

Thanks for your efforts though.

Alright! But if you think you are going to get me hooked on this stuff you are wrong. Hehehe. I love my spontaneous meditations.

Thanks for your efforts though.

That's not my intention. I was attempting to lay it as bare as I know how because you said you were confused. :P

(People may think I'm trying to seduce you!)

:wub:

Maybe it is not as spontaneous as you think.

Edited by Informer

Sign in to follow this