Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

A Thought

How about a dry rope....???

Two variables I can think of:

What is the rope made of, and

Has the rope been treated with a stiffening agent?

Other than that,

Stop wasting your time and go to the front and pull.

you can if it's cold enough

Excellent point!

Personally, if it were cold enough to stiffen the rope I would be there pushing or pulling.

I am concerned , either you have gone zen or it is that music you listen too...

Hehehe. Actually, it was inspired by something that happened here on the board but I won't speak to it in public.

'Twas likely the music as I don't hang around those Zen guys much.

Hehehe. Actually, it was inspired by something that happened here on the board but I won't speak to it in public.

'Twas likely the music as I don't hang around those Zen guys much.

Ah all right then. Shame though, I fancy a bit of gossip.

Ah all right then. Shame though, I fancy a bit of gossip.

Yeah, I never was much into gossip.

I do talk about my politicians when they are not around though. Not many pretty things are said.

You cannot push a wet rope. You have to pull it.

A wet rope is like a wet blanket, not as fun to play with.

But your post beggs the question:

To what is the necessity that I/we are required to pull this rope?

A wet rope is like a wet blanket, not as fun to play with.

But your post beggs the question:

To what is the necessity that I/we are required to pull this rope?

Fair question.

There is no purpose to pulling the rope if we have no other place we wish the rope to be in. However, if we wish to use the rope to pull a boat out of the water then we must move the rope to the boat, secure the rope to the boat and then pull the rope and thereby pull the boat out of the water.

The point is, some things can be moved by pushing, others by pulling, and others by convincing them that they are in the wrong place. Trying to push or pull people is generally not a good idea. Better if they move on their own.

Fair question.

There is no purpose to pulling the rope if we have no other place we wish the rope to be in. However, if we wish to use the rope to pull a boat out of the water then we must move the rope to the boat, secure the rope to the boat and then pull the rope and thereby pull the boat out of the water.

The point is, some things can be moved by pushing, others by pulling, and others by convincing them that they are in the wrong place. Trying to push or pull people is generally not a good idea. Better if they move on their own.

Threes appeal but fours are true.

Push, pull, convince, and will.

but you can will only yourself to move.

Threes appeal but fours are true.

Push, pull, convince, and will.

but you can will only yourself to move.

Yeah. And you will find that I love my free will. (I talk of it often. Hehehe.)

You're sitting in front of a computer; the wrong place is not conductive to t'ai chi :lol:

Wait, what am I DOING? :blink:

Hehehe. Not as easy to walk as it is to talk, is it?

But then, here I sit as I am not looking for anything.

(Actually, I just went out to feed the fish and now I am waiting for a promised phone call.)

Hehehe. Not as easy to walk as it is to talk, is it?

But then, here I sit as I am not looking for anything.

(Actually, I just went out to feed the fish and now I am waiting for a promised phone call.)

;) I'm at a library with 2 hours to surf. other than that, I've got 12 hours to walk, 2-4 days a week. and when at my current place of residence (friends of the family took me in) there is barely a second's rest. So many things to do, chores, chasing the baby, keeping watch over the autistic 4 y/o boy, feeding and 'rotating' the dogs (from outside to inside etc.), and it leaves me with no more than 4-8 hours of sleep msot the time, though i do get a few 12 hour marathons :lol: but not on those 2-4 days a week!! those are strictly no more than 4 hours! (midnight till 4:00 AM).

I'm in great shape, and much happier these days than in any in my past!

Watch the clouds float by one day and see their hidden movements for me some time. we could talk about it for eternities.

Watch the clouds float by one day and see their hidden movements for me some time. we could talk about it for eternities.

Yes. I saw Elvis once. (Just kidding.)

But yes, I sometimes do go out front to the gardens and just look at the clouds to see what they are doing.

But in truth, it is more fun watching the butterflies.

where is Mh this morning? wanted to say adi ioscool.gif

I've been there and returned. (Hehehe. That sounds kinda' Taoish.)

Had an enlightening experience. Life is full of surprises. I thongh I knew some things but I found that my understandings were based on faulty knowledge.

But then, I am glad I can still have those experiences considering how old I am.

I did get to meet with a forum friend I have known for many years in real life! That was so nice. And guess what! He is exactly the same person in real life as he ever has been on the internet. Honesty!!!! Gotta' love it!

• Like 1

I've been there and returned. (Hehehe. That sounds kinda' Taoish.)

Had an enlightening experience. Life is full of surprises. I thongh I knew some things but I found that my understandings were based on faulty knowledge.

But then, I am glad I can still have those experiences considering how old I am.

I did get to meet with a forum friend I have known for many years in real life! That was so nice. And guess what! He is exactly the same person in real life as he ever has been on the internet. Honesty!!!! Gotta' love it!

i would imagine you are much the same as you represent in here as wellsmile.gif it was , i think a very interesting day yesterday, for many of us..changing of the seasons maybe......

i would imagine you are much the same as you represent in here as wellsmile.gif it was , i think a very interesting day yesterday, for many of us..changing of the seasons maybe......

I sure hope I am in no way being plastic here on this forum.

Ah!, changes. Can't stop them. Just gotta' go with the flow sometimes.

I had a thought to post here, but it ran away and i cant remember it. i have 7 minutes left and wont be back for 5 days! eek bye bye thought...

A thought remains only a thought without the intent to establish it in whatever means is required.

Better to not think.

Sometimes it just feels like convincing is also a physical energy and ultimate pulls and pushes people. Yet I believe it is simply a natural tendency for people push and pull when they have not yet learned to free them selves from gravity.

When I call my self "prophet" and tell everyone that our ultimate goal is towards the stars, it will ultimately be a pull from the children of the stars, and a push from the prophet to bring forth society to a higher place. Surely, people shall fall, but they rise again! Don't fear the fall, pushing and pulling is natural for enslaved beings. Rising and falling is only the learning. The children of the stars have departed with this knowledge and so shall we once depart like them, roaming the stars.

So thats a push from me. On to the stars you go, brothers of Light! It is our only true destiny to move beyond time-space and have our inner Light within and not without!

"When man again shall conquer the ocean and fly

in the air on wings like the birds;

when he has learned to harness the lightning,

then shall the time of warfare begin.

Great shall the battle be twixt the forces,

great the warfare of darkness and Light.

Nation shall rise against nation

using the dark forces to shatter the Earth.

Weapons of force shall wipe out the Earth-man

until half of the races of men shall be gone.

Then shall come forth the Sons of the Morning

and give their edict to the children of men, saying:

O men, cease from thy striving against thy brother.

Only thus can ye come to the Light.

Cease from thy unbelief, O my brother,

and follow the path and know ye are right."

Well if the rope were attached to a tree on a mountainside...I could pull it down as I grabbed on...then whoosh down the hill and swing in a wide glide over a green lake...and then I could simply...let go

Sign in to follow this