Sign in to follow this  
witch

For Taomeow

And it looks like the lady is fit and healthy at her advanced age, not even close to being in a wheelchair. And not all that much gray hair either. :)

• Like 1

Sounds like she's not around anymore, but in case she is, I thought of her when I saw this:

http://www.treehugge...-the-amazon.php

Thanks for thinking of me, Witch! :wub: I was away for a while, but I'm back.

Yes, the diet described is exactly what I always "peddle." Interestingly, the vegetalista shamans of the Amazon believe that their dieta is a crucial part of their spiritual endeavors, and the reason they strictly adhere to it is that in the worlds they travel to, wrong/unwholesome foods act as clearly visible barriers -- you can't get past the "demons" created by those foods, they stop or thwart your path. So the shamans don't consume the dieta for health, they consume it for professional competence. In other words, for spiritual health, first and foremost. Physical health is predicated on that -- to a shaman or a competent ayahuasquero, it is plainly obvious, because unhealthy stuff is really "stuff," it's not just a concept (or a misconception), not knowledge (or learned cluelessness) obtained second-hand via hearsay -- it's an entity that becomes available to your direct perceptions. I've seen them. (The demon of chlorine possessing water in your body, e.g., the easiest to recognize because he smells of what he is, will stick his rubbery fingers up your nose and throat and under your eyelids, and try to shred all your mucous membranes with pale bloodless fingernails. Ugh.)

• Like 2

Iodine. Quite remarkable substance. I've been taking Lugol's Solution for a while now, very very interesting. It's a dangerous detox, but, I think, worth it. Quite alarming how much modern poison is still in my body.

Thanks for thinking of me, Witch! :wub: I was away for a while, but I'm back.

Yes, the diet described is exactly what I always "peddle." Interestingly, the vegetalista shamans of the Amazon believe that their dieta is a crucial part of their spiritual endeavors, and the reason they strictly adhere to it is that in the worlds they travel to, wrong/unwholesome foods act as clearly visible barriers -- you can't get past the "demons" created by those foods, they stop or thwart your path. So the shamans don't consume the dieta for health, they consume it for professional competence. In other words, for spiritual health, first and foremost. Physical health is predicated on that -- to a shaman or a competent ayahuasquero, it is plainly obvious, because unhealthy stuff is really "stuff," it's not just a concept (or a misconception), not knowledge (or learned cluelessness) obtained second-hand via hearsay -- it's an entity that becomes available to your direct perceptions. I've seen them. (The demon of chlorine possessing water in your body, e.g., the easiest to recognize because he smells of what he is, will stick his rubbery fingers up your nose and throat and under your eyelids, and try to shred all your mucous membranes with pale bloodless fingernails. Ugh.)

I'm starting to feel more and more that way--you are wise. :wub: Sorry for the abrupt initial reply, but that was what I was supposed to type, woke up this morning knowing I was supposed to type that. :unsure:

And Friend, may I point that it was a woman who had the sense to fish the Buddha out of a river and feed him something?

eh, sometimes I feel like the 100th monkey :lol:

Edited by witch

I'm getting ready for a massive detox myself and then a diet makeover. I'll probably start with a long water fast which I have done many times before so I know how to go into and out of them. I am training for a half marathon right now set for Oct 16th. After that I will pick up my inner Taoist practices. Taomeows old posts are a great resource. I'm glad your still around!

• Like 1

be very careful if you try to do an iodine detox, and certainly wait until after your marathon.

http://breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html

It isn't one of those foofy New Age detoxes with grass juice. Make sure to drink sea salt water, particularly if you feel depressed.

And reason I posted it was because it also gets rid of chlorine from the body, I believe. Of course better not to ingest chlorine in the first place.

Edited by witch

I saw in the newspaper a few days ago that someone died at 140 years old. They showed his photograph and I wanted to scan it and post it here. He had lived through the creation of saudi arabia and fought alongside it's wars. I heard a lot of those old timers exist and still strong and healthy before death. It is because of the simple and healthy ways they lived and closeness to the open desert climate. I think there are a lot of undocumented cases of long lived centenarians around the world that don't make the news or guinness records.

nowadays I'm trying to go raw vegan again because of feeling blockages and heaviness after eating various cooked foods.

Edited by Desert Eagle

How did they verify that she was actually born in 1890. It says the her birth date was approved in 1985. If you look at the certificate it says that she was born in 1890 and the date on the actual certificate was 1985. How could they be sure that she was born in 1890 when given this certificate in 1985? Just wandering if amazonian tribes even keep these records, especially back in the 1800's.

Pereira credits her long-life to an active, healthy lifestyle, in addition to a diet rich in locally grown meats, fruits, and vegetables gathered in the forests around her home -- free of the extra salt, sugar, and preservatives so commonly found in foods around the world. Her all-natural diet, along with frequent walks around town, has allowed Pereira to thrive while others, many years her junior, do not.
Hmm, I wish they provided some more specifics like % plant & animal? Although I think we can assume that regardless, her diet was based on fresh, organic, whole, unprocessed foods.

Much like this 71-yo raw vegetarian (for 40 years) woman!

be very careful if you try to do an iodine detox, and certainly wait until after your marathon.

http://breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html

It isn't one of those foofy New Age detoxes with grass juice. Make sure to drink sea salt water, particularly if you feel depressed.

And reason I posted it was because it also gets rid of chlorine from the body, I believe. Of course better not to ingest chlorine in the first place.

Well technically, I don't think chlorine (Cl2) itself is that bad - but DBPs that it may form are..

Anyhow, anyone tried sodium alginate for detoxing/chelation before?

We believe the single most important supplement you can take for mercury detox is Algin. Algin is too often overlooked or not known about by alternative health practitioners but it is much too important to forget.

Algin travels through the digestive system and powerfully absorbs mercury as it is thrown into the intestines preventing mercury from being reabsorbed into the body and redeposited into body tissue. Because Algin is so efficient at absorbing mercury, people usually report feeling considerably better taking Algin alone with no other supplementation. Of course, keeping mercury from redistributing itself back into the body is very important to prevent further damage to the body, especially while detoxing.

chelation is the process of chemically binding metal ions.

Many different molecules act as chelators. Natural agents include the proteins glycine, methionine, cysteine, histidine, glutathione and taurine. Other anti-oxidants like vitamins A and C, selenium, and alpha-lipoic acid also have the chemical make-up to work as chelators. Substances found in cilantro, chlorella (algae), garlic, and sodium alginate also assist in the mobilization of metals. Finally the prescription drugs, DMSA and DMPS are, arguably, the strongest chelating agents.

When I was in Peru, I followed the jungle diet for some three weeks. ( Don't ask what happened next... I got out of the jungle and flew to Lima and there found myself in Miraflores, the part of Lima that is "not third world" unlike the rest of it, and discovered alfresco de maracuya, and was lost to all healthy endeavors for the duration of the availability. It is a kind of cake made with maracuya fruit, and it is the single most mind-blowing dessert I've ever had in my life. They sold it at a little coffee shop next to my hotel on the street named Grau -- remember the Grau dynasty of sorcerers associated with Castaneda and Tahisha Abelar? -- they must have had a hand in creating that cake or something, it totally bewitched me. I made a trip to that coffee shop thrice daily for the next slice. Even talking about it makes me salivate.)

So anyway, the jungle diet. Fish and seafood, mostly raw with lemon juice or vinegar; fresh eggs (the hen lived under the stove in the shaman's kitchen); several varieties of potatoes -- some unknown to me before and all delicious; plenty of bananas and plantains, which are mostly eaten cooked (and are, again, delicious); many local fruits unknown to me before; coconuts -- the road from Iquitos that terminates in the jungle runs along a bunch of small villages and their inhabitant sell huge (the size of a volleyball) coconuts with hard shells removed and a hole drilled and a straw inserted to motorists of the passing-by vehicles of great weirdness (there's no cars in Iquitos, but don't let me digress) for a soft drink, and then the coconut itself is smashed and munched on for "junk food." Of very special note is a local fruit called aguaje, which is consumed in great quantities on a daily basis. That's another addiction I rapidly acquired there and still can't get over its total unavailability elsewhere. It is something you can eat for breakfast (and many people do) because it is very nutritious, and it's not sweet -- the taste is (to me) like grilled cheese with nutty overtones, but I've seen it described very differently, I guess it's many things to many people. It is reputed to support female health and hormonal balance, and women in that part of Peru make sure they eat it daily for beauty. All of it is sold in Iquitos by small local vendors.

Now there's a "farmer's market" where the town meets the jungle, and people living in the jungle bring their fares to sell there, on the bank of the river. They come by boat. I've seen boatloads of huge tortoises sold for food. Dozens of varieties of fish, the kinds I'd never seen before, or knew existed. Grub kabobs on a stick, a delicacy -- that was one thing I didn't have the guts to try. Vegetables, from "common" to esoteric. I haven't seen any wheat, corn, soy, or dairy there.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this