Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Philosophical counselors rely on eternal wisdom of great thinkers

Cool Leon :)

Have you heard of Pierre Grimmes and his Philosophical Midwifery? He is incorporating platonic studies into the psychotherapeutic process...

http://www.openingmind.com/

I am studying Transpersonal Counselling as we speak, and it covers a wide amount of 'Views' that one could use with different clients, depending on their proclivities. I Love it.

When I am finished this course I am planning to do a Grad dip in Buddhist Psychotherapy which I really like as well.

I am also currently finding Mark Epsteins book, Psychotherapy without the self, extremely Interesting.

Blessings :)

When I am finished this course I am planning to do a Grad dip in Buddhist Psychotherapy which I really like as well.

Wow, that's great, Seth! May your plans become reality, and wishing you the very best in your noble pursuit!

You might be interested to keep this link as a reference in case you might want to clarify certain thoughts with an experienced, qualified Buddhist Psychotherapist at some point during your course - - http://www.awakeningtosanity.net/about-me.html

Much blessings!

Cool Leon :)

Have you heard of Pierre Grimmes and his Philosophical Midwifery? He is incorporating platonic studies into the psychotherapeutic process...

http://www.openingmind.com/

I am studying Transpersonal Counselling as we speak, and it covers a wide amount of 'Views' that one could use with different clients, depending on their proclivities. I Love it.

I am also currently finding Mark Epsteins book, Psychotherapy without the self, extremely Interesting.

Blessings :)

I see a Transpersonal councillor who is trained in Buddhist psychotherapy, there is a good centre here in the UK which teaches it which they call "Core Process Psychotherapy". I think it's good because there are many issues and areas of growth in modern western life which Buddhism alone is not very well equipped to deal with. But coming back to the op over intellectualisation is often seen as the problem in this system so intellectualising and rationalising your emotions is likely to drive you more insane than help you. That was the problem with pschoanalysis and the reason why it failed to help many people was because it was too head based and intellectual, which led to a more human centred heart based approach to therapy.

I see a Transpersonal councillor who is trained in Buddhist psychotherapy, there is a good centre here in the UK which teaches it which they call "Core Process Psychotherapy". I think it's good because there are many issues and areas of growth in modern western life which Buddhism alone is not very well equipped to deal with. But coming back to the op over intellectualisation is often seen as the problem in this system so intellectualising and rationalising your emotions is likely to drive you more insane than help you. That was the problem with pschoanalysis and the reason why it failed to help many people was because it was too head based and intellectual, which led to a more human centred heart based approach to therapy.

The same goes for CBT. It can be great for more surface issues, but statistics have shown that many people just do not shift, no matter how 'aware' {mentally} they become of the core Issues or dynamics at play. At some point something deeper is needed :)

Sign in to follow this