Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Seth Ananda needing to be banned

I can obviously keep this up, and keep renewing my IP address. Rethink your decision immediately. Also, step down from your position as a moderator. I'm asking this of you, Mal, and whoever else was involved in this bullshit decision.

Also, there was no personal abuse coming from me before or during any event. Only after have I become abusive...and rightfully so. Fuck you. That's number 6 for you, Apech.

Chapter 67 of the Tao Teh Ching

English/Feng

Everyone under heaven says that my Tao is great and beyond compare.

Because it is great, it seems different.

If it were not different, it would have vanished long ago.

I have three treasures which I hold and keep.

The first is mercy; the second is economy;

The third is daring not to be ahead of others.

From mercy comes courage; from economy comes generosity;

From humility comes leadership.

Nowadays men shun mercy, but try to be brave;

They abandon economy, but try to be generous;

They do not believe in humility, but always try to be first.

This is certain death.

Mercy brings victory in battle and strength in defense.

It is the means by which heaven saves and guards.

:)

I can obviously keep this up, and keep renewing my IP address. Rethink your decision immediately. Also, step down from your position as a moderator. I'm asking this of you, Mal, and whoever else was involved in this bullshit decision.

Go to your room and stay there until you learn to control yourself :)

• Like 3

I will not "go to my room" (what a fucking annoying thing to say) until I'm given a legitimate reason for my suspension.

This is not just about me, it's about fairness in moderation here. Sunya posted 4 direct insults, as well as harassed me, and nothing has yet happened to him. I've been "provocative" and have been suspended just as long as someone who posted 29 direct insults.

The moderation here is fucked, and I'm not going to respect it until it's deserving of respect.

I will not "go to my room" (what a fucking annoying thing to say) until I'm given a legitimate reason for my suspension.

This is not just about me, it's about fairness in moderation here. Sunya posted 4 direct insults, as well as harassed me, and nothing has yet happened to him. I've been "provocative" and have been suspended just as long as someone who posted 29 direct insults.

The moderation here is fucked, and I'm not going to respect it until it's deserving of respect.

Wow you haven't changed much since the last time I was here...Why do you think you can bully your way around in here? Oh I know...because you got away with it the last time you were insulting people (StrawDog,Tyler)...you were banned and yet you got to come back under the name Scotty. You do deliberately provoke people, insult them, and then throw down the whoops, my bad attitude and expect to be forgiven.

• Like 2

Personally if you're not at least threatened with suspension at some time in your bums career, then you lack passion.

Scotty, you have passion, I admire that. Its interesting that Seth reported himself for violations before you did. Seth has good self awareness. He was indeed rude to you, but he realized it, stuck up his hand and said I'm willing to take the punishment.

Getting suspended for a week is not so bad.

Right now, I subject myself to the judgement of the mods. I've been rude, perhaps personally insulting to the point of breaking tb policy to Tulku. I said he acted like a poser, and wrote a insulting piece in his thread about a young man jumping up and down trying to get attention.

If I've broken the policy, give me a week off. Its not the end of the world. I really like the TB's but its just an internet forum (an excellent one). Leaving it for a week might do me (and others) some good. Improve our perspective. Help us chill out, I for one have probably been over posting lately.

Sincerely

Michael

Edited by thelerner

I support suspensions of 7 days for Seth and Scotty.

I support suspending Scotty for an addittional 7 days for each of the following.

Scotty 2000, Scotty 3000, Scotty 4000. Clear and direct insults at the moderators.

So I support an additional 28 days for Scotty as well as permanently banning all permutations of his persona.

If he keeps going I support moving directly to 45 day suspension. AFter that....

I really hate banning. I would support allowing Starjumper7 to return even. I would hate to see Scotty go that way but he seems to be trying for it at the moment.

Craig

• Like 5

... I for one have probably been over posting lately.

Sincerely

Michael

Hehehe. You've not been over-posting until your post count exceeds mine.

• Like 2

Personally if you're not at least threatened with suspension at some time in your bums career, then you lack passion.

Scotty, you have passion, I admire that. Its interesting that Seth reported himself for violations before you did. Seth has good self awareness. He was indeed rude to you, but he realized it, stuck up his hand and said I'm willing to take the punishment.

Getting suspended for a week is not so bad.

Right now, I subject myself to the judgement of the mods. I've been rude, perhaps personally insulting to the point of breaking tb policy to Tulku. I said he acted like a poser, and wrote a insulting piece in his thread about a young man jumping up and down trying to get attention.

If I've broken the policy, give me a week off. Its not the end of the world. I really like the TB's but its just an internet forum (an excellent one). Leaving it for a week might do me (and others) some good. Improve our perspective. Help us chill out, I for one have probably been over posting lately.

Thanks for displaying some integrity. It's a good example. Yeah getting suspended for a week isn't so bad. What's bad is unfair moderation...people being suspended for nothing, just because certain groups here dislike them personally. That is truly bad...

I would hate to see Scotty go that way but he seems to be trying for it at the moment.

I'm trying to get the moderators to stop making piss poor decisions. My approach isn't skillful...but so what? Anyone with half a brain, who has read this entire topic, will see that my point is absolutely correct.

I ask for Mal and Apech, as well as anyone else who played a role in this decision, to step down as moderators. They are incapable of moderating this place effectively. I am proof of that. This kind of thing is totally unnecessary, and has nothing to do with Taoism, spirituality or any other decent topic at this forum. I'd rather not have it be an issue that takes up our time....but it is.

Wow you haven't changed much since the last time I was here...Why do you think you can bully your way around in here? Oh I know...because you got away with it the last time you were insulting people (StrawDog,Tyler)...you were banned and yet you got to come back under the name Scotty. You do deliberately provoke people, insult them, and then throw down the whoops, my bad attitude and expect to be forgiven.

I was not insulting anyone until I was suspended for being "provocative". Please read the entire thread with an open mind.

By the way, how is it possible for someone who is being attacked from all sides to be considerd a "bully"? Who is the bully here...when I have said nothing to you, actually we made up in the past, and you feel the need to come in here and attack?

Does the moderator's point of view actually need more support??? I think they have enough...which is crazy to me.

Sunya posted 4 direct insults, as well as harassed me, and nothing has yet happened to him. I've been "provocative" and have been suspended just as long as someone who posted 29 direct insults.

Scotty.

I'm really sorry you were attacked on TTB.

I'm sure these following days have been even more bewildering as to what the delay was.

I've probably burnt all my bridges with you but people here really are trying to help. You know what I generally hear? I've known Scotty on TTB for a long time, and I'm concerned for his welfare now.

Because we also hear members saying "we are being bullied" and a common denominator in those reports is "we are being bullied by Scotty."

Your behavior has been deliberately provocative. For some reason you can't see it, or you don't want to see it. But it's happening again and again.

You are suspended from posting for 7 days.

We are handing out short posting suspensions here, not death penalties. While there is ongoing discussion between moderators and the possibility of further action/changes etc.

Right now we hope this will be enough to help people move forward, as always I encourage feedback.

129011251344298650.jpg

WTF!!!

So much for the cooperative, collaborative, laterally managed decision making there Mal & co. Seriously?

Well I guess we add that to the Mod Rules hey?

Rule# 2345: Being deliberately and continuously provocative, will get your ass suspended.

Thank you for the complete lack of confidence and serious regard for my thoughts, suggestions, and willingness to try and sort this out together as mature people. We had an opportunity to do something amazing but you chaps resorted to the old top-down approach.

pfft

Whatever.

Disappointed ... very ... yet again.

*shakes head and walks away in disgust*

Edited by Stigweard
  • Like 6

Sunya's list of insults in this thread, which he hasn't been suspended for...while I have been suspended for being "provocative" and saying nothing resembling a personal insult (prior to the bullshit suspension)...

1. I chose to tell you how much of an arrogant snob you are in private.

2. at least sheds some light on who we're dealing with, a very angry and mentally unstable individual who doesn't like being called out on his shit.

3. my god Scott you're acting like such a drama queen.

4. can you stop acting like such a rape victim

It is crystal clear.

"That is the stupidest Idea I have ever heard" - this is negative but not a personal insult. So by philosophical standards is tolerable.

"You are the stupidest person ever" - this is a personal insult and not generally tolerable.

eZ pZ.

• Like 5

I have to adjourn from this topic.

Personally, I thought I was helping in trying to shed some light on what I thought would be what is causing the problems.

The only buddhist who was able to give a viable response to the 3 questions was Harmonious Emptiness. I think he deserves a medal of somekind and has astounding amounts of compassion as does Sunya on good days. This is a compliment.

My concern now is that people who supposedly defend themselves, or state odd things could have their words now twisted to sound like they are provoking other members.

My heart goes out to everyone involved. Until a way can be found to completely resolve the infighting among the neobuddhists.

I say neobuddhists because being taught the main tenets and dharmas is an intregral part of being buddhist.

Until some way to amicably get along is achieved. No rules can truely prevent it as well because there are also some buddhists which only follow some of the rules as well. I just dont see the problem going away.

Perhaps following the old rule of ignoring attacks and only asking questions twords those who are non-buddhist and attacking aspects of buddhism is the way to go. This "policy" in buddhism has existed for a long time.

So, in saying all of this. I would have to say that the problem runs a bit deeper than all of this. Buddhism is supposed to be a religion of truth and anti-ignorance. I can't agree that some of the ones that profess to be Buddhist hold to that. Attacking people or antagonizing them only adds to their suffering.

My concern is also for Scotty, because this makes Buddhism look bad. Sure it is rough to follow Buddhist rules, so is following the light and avoiding darkness.

I have to adjourn from this topic.

Then you are a wise individual.

Wiser still is if you will cease to label the buddhist community here neo-buddhists, western buddhists, etc. What is your purpose in so doing?

Not everyone on this Forum hails from the West. There is a healthy input from Buddhists who come from Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia and other Asian countries. But i understand you are fairly new here, so i am saying this for your own reference.

• Like 2

I do apologize about the insults Scott, like calling you an arrogant snob and angry and mentally unstable, but I don't apologize about saying you're acting like a drama queen and a rape victim. And you certainly keep reinforcing those observations...

i cant speak for scotty. but how hard would it have been to take your lump and go lick your wounds for 7 days and then come back? and maybe make your plea then?

everytime the mods make any decision they are crticized. feedback is good. some choose to criticize, some choose to support the mods.

mjjbeckers self moderation thread should be the standard. disapointingly it is not and mod action becomes necessary far too often here. that is not the mod's fault.

I think there are some moderating missteps going on here; JMO. Too long to act in the first place and too quick to act in the second place.

Nobody said a mod job was to make friends... those of us who have been there know this . Keep the faith of doing the best you can do. :)

Dawei,

Thanks for your comments.

I think we agree about the time lag but it is almost inevitable given that the mod team are spaced around the globe. I'm in Europe, Mal in Australia, Steve and others in US. If a post is reported then we have a discussion amongst mods about what to do - this can take some time because of the time differences and so on. Also despite what some seem to think ... we think long and hard before acting. We are not a 24/7 service - we have lives to live we have to fit this all in to the rest of our day.

I think I need to point out that Mal went to some effort to say to the parties involved to sort it out and move on. But this didn't happen. Scotty even started this new thread with the sole objective of getting another poster suspended. Maybe our delay in suspending Seth was part of this but I don't see its in the spirit of TTBs to sort out your differences in this way. People talk about self-moderation as being the ideal but that's not going to be possible unless people calm down and respect each other.

Most of the feedback I've got is that Scotty should be suspended for longer or even permanently banned. This hasn't happened. He has been suspended for 7 days only - which is not a long period of time. His response to this is to log on with different accounts and hurl abuse at me initially. I don't care if he swears at me - I just think its pathetic. Even if the decision to suspend him was wrong (which I don't think) then his reaction speaks volumes especially for someone who has claimed on here to be enlightened in the Buddhist sense.

He has demonstrated one thing - that we moderate by consent. We try to reflect the mood of the board as well as the guidelines that Sean wanted. We are aiming for mature, informed debate about important issues. I think we are making progress - I hope people will understand that and support us.

• Like 6

I think I need to point out that Mal went to some effort to say to the parties involved to sort it out and move on. But this didn't happen. Scotty even started this new thread with the sole objective of getting another poster suspended.

Yes, I attempted to sort it out. Seth continued insulting. Mods took no action for over 24 hours on a clear case deserving of suspension (Seth even admitted this), so I made a thread here.

And why are Sunya's insults still being ignored?

Even if the decision to suspend him was wrong (which I don't think)

Why do you think this suspension was justified? Are you honestly saying that being "provocative" is against forum rules here?

He has demonstrated one thing - that we moderate by consent. We try to reflect the mood of the board as well as the guidelines that Sean wanted.

Perhaps this is a major problem? Since in my case there was a huge team of Buddhists or sympathizers banding together to get rid of me...thus creating "the mood".

Also if you try to reflect the guidelines that Sean wanted, then why is Sunya still unsuspended?