Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Seth Ananda needing to be banned

I have a gigantic problem with how no moderation action has yet been taken against Seth Ananda. Here is a list of just some of the insults he has recently posted in this thread...

1. Scotty, I am sorry but you are acting like a complete tool and have been for a while

2. You are basically a Loud Angry Fool...

3. I don't know what causes your underlying sense of inadequacy, probably not being able to grasp something you believe is easy. Relax, don't worry, rigorous mental standards are not for everyone. Not everyone has to be capable of solid Intellectual debate.

4. The Idea that 'You' could 'school' anyone on Buddhism is Incredibly Arrogant and just plain funny.

5. but really, it just makes you come out looking like a total tool.

6. Actually scotty you have been acting like an aggressive tool towards nearly all the Buddhist practitioners in here.

7. who you have also been acting like an ass towards

8. You are just to dumb to see it.

9. part of a community where Idiots like you are allowed to post blatant

10. constant vitriolic spew of Ignorance

11. you and a couple of others are basically Internet bullies

12. Dumb asses like you react to someone elses view because it challenges your own view

13. You are not a seeker of truth scotty you are an Idiot

14. I don't hate you scotty but I do think you are a Moron.

15. so again that is just one of your pathetic assumptions

16. cant tell reality from whatever springs into your over-active and underdeveloped mind

17. Lame assumptions...

18. wow once again with the clairvoyance and incredible mental insight! (sarcasm meaning the exact opposite...which is an insult)

19. but here you prove your self to be a liar.

20. It should be becoming quite clear to you by now, that you sir are an Idiot.

21. To all my other bum friends, I love you, but I cant sit by and watch Idiots trash my friends or my tradition.

22. Since the mods will not stop semi retarded Idiots like scotty from bullying and harassing the Buddhists here I feel it is probably my time to leave.

23. You are a snake in the grass, striking when you can, but shouting 'Poor Me' when someone hits you with a stick.

24. Does right action mean just lying down and taking it from an ass like you?

25. You dont have the capacity to know truth.

26. Scotty has basically been a hostile arrogant wanker through this thread

27. He doesn't like anyone who he is not smart enough to keep up with.

{there I insulted him again}

28. I myself want to be able to converse here with my TTB Buddhist friends, without noobs like scotty chiming in constantly with lame objections

29. You are deeply Inconsistent. I feel a core Instability within you! ooohhh! lol.

Others have been instantly suspended or banned for MUCH less. What's up with the moderation here? Is posting 29 direct insults against another forum member here EVER justified???? :wacko:

• Like 4

"Is posting direct insults against another forum member here EVER justified????"

Well that's really the question, isn't it?

Feel free to discuss because the moderators are and I'd be intrested in the feedback.

Thanks

Hmmmmm, let's backtrack. You're the one who joined that thread and started acting in a highly condescending, belittling, arrogant, and disparaging manner. You were provoking and trying to piss people off, and now you're crying because you got told off? This is like middle school shit, Scotty. If you can't take heat, don't start the fire. Treat people with respect and don't pretend like you're some enlightened master who can shut down others as wrong because you said so and then in your next breath insult a whole tradition as inferior because "that's your experience" and of course we should all listen to your enlightened words.

I'm not Seth. I'm not posting this to defend his actions. I chose to tell you how much of an arrogant snob you are in private. What I will say is I think you totally had it coming due to your attitude and disrespect. You've put yourself on a pedestal above everyone else, and now you're sore because somebody knocked you down. Well, cry a little, get over it, and then hopefully learn some people skills.

• Like 4

Mal,

Well, I obviously think it isn't.

If a person CAN break the forum rules when they're supposedly justified, then who is capable of judging when that is? The moderators, who have their own biases and preferences regarding individuals here? Popular opinion? The individual themselves?

It'd be easier for you mods to simply operate consistently and impartially.

I don't know why you make your job harder than it needs to be. This is a clear case of a time when moderation action should have happened instantly. If you think it's unclear, then simply reread the list of insults above!

Edited by Scotty

Sunya,

About my actions in that thread...nothing I said was against forum rules.

I have taken your personal attacks on my character into consideration, and simply disagree regarding their accuracy. :)

i usually enjoy seth's posts here. as seth has said he doesnt want to join another buddhist forum becoz he likes the tao bums.

imo seth makes insightful contributions here and i like to hear his views and experiences. he has a genuine good sense of humor.

having said that, i dont understand how anyone can feel they are justified to

hurl personal insults here, the rules are fairly loose to start with and how hard is it really not to personally insult someone.

considering how many times we continue to go over this one issue it really is imo unexcusable. the other interesting thing for me

in this is i have seen seth publicly call for others to be banned and he has done so more than once. so it is especially hard for me

to understand that seth is hurling multiple insults at a fellow bum.

do i want to see any bum banned ? no, i do not.

do i want to see bums personally insulted? no, i do not.

i personally miss starjumper7 on this forum but i certainly do understand why he was banned.

i think starjumper was suspended more than once before he was finally banned?

• Like 1

I chose to tell you how much of an arrogant snob you are in private.

Also, now you just said it publicly...which is another person breaking the forum rules.

Also, now you just said it publicly...which is another person breaking the forum rules.

Hey Scott, how about viewing all of this as your own doing since you brought all this on to yourself instead of acting like a savagely beaten victim? Against the forum rules or not, you were clearly acting in a disparaging manner and provoking people.

Why do you care so much about seeing people banned? Why so sore? I guess it's easier to get rid of other people rather than changing your own behavior and gaining people skills, eh? For someone so interested in truth and honesty, you sure are terrible at looking in the mirror.

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 2

I just wanted to share a message I received from Scotty in private. Not on the forum, but it at least sheds some light on who we're dealing with, a very angry and mentally unstable individual who doesn't like being called out on his shit.

(8:26:52 PM) muju808: sup, you butt hurt moron. suck my rectum. :-D

(8:27:15 PM) muju808: lick the shit clean out of it...it will be more pure than the words you speak

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 2

:D

Yup I said that to him, on AOL instant messenger. It's taken out of context...but whatever. I am "who you're dealing with".

Edited by Scotty

I recall a blind justice avatar :) Why do we make our jobs harder than they need to be. Why is this even a difficult decision?

My current summation of the situation

This isn’t just some “attack our of the blue”

Seth, infuriated by Scotty’s attack on John C (Scotty quoted his post) and Buddhists in general reported Scotty, citing his previous attacks on Buddhist belief in the thread and in general.

Scotty said in the reported post that he was having a bad day (probably would have been a better idea not to post at all)

With no action from the mods Seth then attacks Scotty AND reports his own post for multiple breaches of the insult police AND asks to be suspended for them.

30 min later Scotty reads and report Seth's post.

After no moderator action there are some encouraging posts attempting reconciliation in thread and some disappointing posts inflaming the situation. Old injustices and slights get dragged out of the closet as examples of good and bad behaviour to justify points of view.

Now we have this thread due to moderator inaction.

So yes, lets just suspend Seth.

Everyone gets what they have requested.

Good outcome?

:D

Yup I said that to him, on AOL instant messenger. It's taken out of context...but whatever. I am "who you're dealing with".

It's not taken out of context. You just messaged me out of nowhere and said that to me. it wasn't in the middle of a conversation. Stop hiding, man. The light hurts, but this is who you are, an angry individual who deserves the anger that has been shined back at him.

• Like 1

I am asking for Sunya to be suspended as well, for his clear insult in this thread:

I chose to tell you how much of an arrogant snob you are in private.

Anyway, thanks Mal and mods for being considerate.

So yes, lets just suspend Seth.

Everyone gets what they have requested.

Good outcome?

Only if Scotty gets suspended too for provoking others and acting disrespectful... VH was banned for less.

Really what's happening is that you mods are falling for his facade. He's pretending to be like a victim to cover up the fact that he caused all of this and brought it all upon himself. He's saving face and wants to get rid of the evidence, have some revenge on those who hurt his pride and questioned his exalted opinions, and responded (yes with some anger) to his constant provoking and belittling.

If we hold this insult policy to be so supreme, shouldn't we also look at the cause of the insults as well? It's not like these insults come from nowhere. Sometimes they do of course, but in this case Scotty was clearly provoking people. If you punish the effect, you should also punish the cause.

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 2

Sunya,

It's not taken out of context. You just messaged me out of nowhere and said that to me. it wasn't in the middle of a conversation. Stop hiding, man. The light hurts, but this is who you are, an angry individual who deserves the anger that has been shined back at him.

It was in the midst of you posting your crap here.

The reason why I said it's out of context is because after I said that, I also said my final goodbye to you (regarding our private discussion, as well as public ones too hopefully soon) and said that I wished you the best of luck in your personal development.

Only if Scotty gets suspended too for provoking others and acting disrespectful... VH was banned for less.

Nothing I've said on this forum is worthy of moderation. Although my post to simple jack was disrespectful, and he didn't deserve that.

Really what's happening is that you mods are falling for his facade. He's pretending to be like a victim to cover up the fact that he caused all of this and brought it all upon himself. He's saving face and wants to get rid of the evidence, have some revenge on those who hurt his pride and questioned his exalted opinions.

The mods aren't falling for my facade...my actions are out there unedited and brutally honest. My character can be seen clearly by anyone and interpreted or judged as they see fit.

What's happening is that you and Seth have posted personal insults, which is against the forum rules. That's all.

Edited by Scotty

Nothing I've said on this forum is worthy of moderation. Although my post to simple jack was disrespectful, and he didn't deserve that.

What's happening is that you and Seth have posted personal insults, which is against the forum rules. That's all.

If we hold this insult policy to be so supreme, shouldn't we also look at the cause of the insults as well? It's not like these insults came from nowhere. Sometimes they do of course, but in this case you, Scott, were clearly provoking people. If you punish the effect, you should also punish the cause.

An important question is why do you care so much about punishing those who insulted you when you clearly were acting in a disparaging, disrespectful, and demeaning manner and brought all this upon yourself? This reminds me of middle school when some kids would provoke others and then run to the principal when others would defend themselves and fight back. It's cowardice, nothing more.

• Like 2

:) The cause of insults is the individual poster's decision to break the forum rules. It's not against the forum rules to state an opinion which bothers others.

Also, for clarity, here is what actually started the whole thing:

I totally disagree. That could be your only technique and you'd be fine.

Whatever, guy. Either way it's still an inferior meditation compared to anapana (mindfulness of the breath.) Also In the end you're clinging too much to the body.

That was Simple Jack's post to me on the first page. Calling me "guy" and stating one method as inferior to a Buddhist one.

So I take it back, after rereading the thread...my responses to him were very well deserved. I was quite patient (even though whether I was or wasn't is irrelevant).

Edited by Scotty

actually the "insult policy" is

Tao bums is a moderated, privately owned, web site; all who agree with our guiding principals are welcome to join our discussions:

Treat other members with respect. No personal attacks.

Moderators are present to enforce this, please abide by their decisions.

From what I have read, Scotty seems to have more of a grasp of Buddhist teachings than the so-called buddhists.

This is from past posts he has made. I know it hurts when the truth gets out.

If I make a few enemies saying all of that, so be it. I shouldnt take that kind of thing personally, but this is a bit different than someone claiming they know more than anything.

This is common sense vs popular attitude. When I speak of popular attitude I dont mean Scotty.

• Like 1

"That was Simple Jack's post to me on the first page. Calling me "guy" and stating one method as inferior to a Buddhist one."

being called "guy" is so bad? and one can call anyones method inferior, correct?

"Now that is a hard thing to moderate. blink.giflaugh.gif"

damn , again i am glad i am not a moderatorlaugh.gif