Sign in to follow this  
FixXxer1846

What did you cure with qigong

Before I started to get serious about qigong I looked all over the place for personal experiences on various different methods (don't want to waste my time) - not about feeling enlightened but specifically in what cases it works for your health and when it doesn't. I didn't find a whole lot. People who were already quite healthy seem to feel better, but people who are very sick seemingly remain sick, at least for the most part. Very few people actually get breathtaking results, which seems to indicate (assuming that it does work) information is scattered and it takes a TON of perseverance and experimentation to get to the real results. What is clear is that the people with serious results, like disappearing cancers or MS, really practice two hours+ a day and get energy from a master, at least in the beginning.

Chunyi Lin's reviews are very interesting, but to me by far the best book on practical qigong experiences stems from 1980 and is largely based on the work of Mantak Chia. This is before Chia even began publishing his (rather disjointed) books. The book is entitled:

1980, Lawrence Young M.D., Reports of the national clearinghouse for meditation relaxation and related therapies, volume I.

http://www.universal-tao.com/archives/report_nationalclearinghouse.pdf

Thank God for Wikipedia these days, but before its Mantak Chia page, this book was the only one that simply listed the nine levels taught by Chia (which he learned from his master Yi Eng of the Dragon Gate sect). So you know, the levels are:

•  
  • Level 0/I: Healing/Inner Smile; Healing Sounds
  • Level I: Opening the Governor & Conception Meridians (the two main extraordinary meridians; Microcosmic Orbit)
  • Level II: Fusion of the Five Elements (opens the six other extraordinary meridians: belt, thrusting, etc.)
  • Level III: Lesser Enlightenment of the Kan S Li (opening the 12 regular meridians: kidney, liver, lung, LI, SI, etc. Bringing together of the heart yang fire (Li) en the perinium yin water (Kan) in the cauldron/tan tien)
  • Level IV: Greater Enlightenment of the Kan & Li (seriously beginning to lose me here; the mixing of energies move to the solar plexus; external energies are drawn in)
  • Level V: Greatest Enlightenment of the Kan & Li
  • Level VI: Opening the Six Special Channels
  • Level VII: Opening the Thirty-two Meridians
  • Level VIII: Gathering the Power to Restore Energy
  • Level IX: Passing the Power from the Hand.

Imo Chia's system is the most "scientific" (even though it's still absolutely terrible in this aspect) of all the qigong systems, because it works with the meridians. And it's a fact that they exist - science is limited but definite on that subject. So it is also the system that is the easiest to integrate with TCM: acupuncture, acupressure and moxatherapies. What is clear is that even in stage I it goes WAY deeper than these more public practices, even though it is much slower and much harder on the mind.

But what makes Young's book so great is hearing so many people discussing how their health improved each time they moved up a level. I would love to gather these testimonies in one forum thread; doesn't really matter which qigong system has been used.

So let me begin... At this point I've been working on Level 0/1 of Chia's system over the past year. I'm just working to clear the blockages all along the Ren and Du meridians. It's a slow process but it works. I've been using acupuncture (without any permanent success), acupressure (with great success... some points don't even exist in the books or little is known about them, even though they had great effect in me... also felt many meridians while working on the points), moxa, and for qigong mixed up the practices of Zhan Zhuang, Chunyi Lin (moving of Yin & Yang and the way he teaches the microcosmic orbit/small universe) and Mantak Chia. Also played with the book Qigong Empowerment, but it's not very detailed on the microcosmic orbit. Not a bad book though.

By the way, tried to trigger an out of body experience, just for fun. I was very close when I was sixteen, but now it's absolutely impossible. It completely fires up the meridian system and causes extreme discomfort - so it's undoubtedly a good practice. Sometimes I had great pain in the heart (so it's still not fixed); other times in the large intestine meridian of the left arms (which Ryodoruku shows is my weakest meridian). Amazing how everything is related.

With every practice I wrote down in detail all the experiences and "westernized" them a bit so I can do 'em for hours on end (especially with Zhan Zhuang). There's a ton of remarkable stuff I experienced, but here's what is the most important... the results on my health at this point (Yeah, I really got messed up in recent years):

I fixed in myself:

• Many (extremely) painful spots around my eyes and along the Conception Vessel on my entire stomach are gone.
  • A relatively red nose due to many tiny veins - cleared up for 80% percent.
  • My nose was completely stuffed since last year, mainly at night or when lying down. It has opened quite a bit, but needs a lot more work.
  • Serious hay fever has cleared up (solved it during the height of hay fever season, mainly by focusing on the Yin-Ting/Eyebrow point). Can now go out all day during hay fever season... maybe one sneeze when I get back inside. That's it.
  • A seriously broken heart (a gaping hole in my chest and pain like I get a heart attack... Got hay fever symtoms while working on it and was emotionally transported back to moment some of this stuff happened)
  • 95% of dandruff in eyebrows and hair is gone. Playing around with homeopathy remedies brought initial result, but soon caused massive hair loss (am not bald though, but was seriously thinning in recent years on the front of my head. Hairs were all over the place in my bed, desk, etc.). Qigong improved things further without the adverse effects.
  • Hair loss (a ton of painful points on my head along the GV meridian... fixing it (maybe at 75%) with MMA style bridging and some qigong... huge amount of intensely "cold" energy there that I was able to get rid of... by pointing my palms there while watching my favorite TV series).
  • My digestion greatly improved. Let's not go into too much detail, but the "gas" aspect I definitely need to curb further. That was my initial problem 12 years ago that caused a ton of neverending stress... and therefore a chain reaction.

Guess I'm lucky because I've always been fascinated with fixing stuff like this in an alternative way. Guess you need to have problems in order to figure that stuff out. Haha. ;)

So anyone else had some breakthoughs? Emotional stuff is great, but physiological changes are the real wonders. Love to hear all your experiences. It's also a great way to motivate people.

Basic questions to answer:

1. What health benefits have you enjoyed from doing qigong or TCM?
  2. What form did you practice when you had those results and how long did it take?

Update: Darn it! Somebody change "Hemmroids" into "Hemorrhoids". ;)

Edited by FixXxer1845

Nice. Very recent also. Last time I checked was a couple of months back.

Gets a little off track though halfway. I'm disappointed no or very little physiological changes are mententioned... mainly mental/emotional.

Edited by FixXxer1845

Nice. Very recent also. Last time I checked was a couple of months back.

Gets a little off track though halfway. I'm disappointed no or very little physiological changes are mententioned... mainly mental/emotional.

OK. Here are my physiological changes. I breathe better with the breath sunk to the Dan Tian. I am much much stronger with better muscle tone. I can prolong my voice to sing loudly and projected farther away. I can resist colder weather conditions. In addition, I can jog for a long distance without loosing my breath. Finally, whether I like it or not, my libido was indescribably increased with a much greater appetite.

PS...

It actually cured my breathing problem.

Edited by ChiDragon

Interesting. And all you is tan tien breathing? I.e. focusing on the tan tien area and just breathing down to it?

That's my basic exercise now. To get that area running smoothly as kickstart to the rest of the orbit. In fact, just (deeply) focusing on that area is will move and increase the orbit and the entire system, based on experiences described in the book I linked to.

Interesting. And all you is tan tien breathing? I.e. focusing on the tan tien area and just breathing down to it?

That's my basic exercise now. To get that area running smoothly as kickstart to the rest of the orbit. In fact, just (deeply) focusing on that area is will move and increase the orbit and the entire system, based on experiences described in the book I linked to.

Yes to the two questions in bold. The result of better muscle tone was from Tai Ji practice.

Sign in to follow this