mewtwo

what god do you worship?

Nehebkau

j_nehebkau.gif

nehebkau4.jpg

... if your going to have a snake-god it should be a good snake-god.

hilarious:-)

Sorry, hope you don't think I' blaspheming.

I like Diana the huntress and I like being a yang water person (so I worship myself hahahaha) and sunsets and trees and beaches and oceans and, er "natural things".

hilarious:-)

Sorry, hope you don't think I' blaspheming.

O Nehebkau who comes from the city:

I have not sought to make myself unduly distinguished.

-- The Negative Confessions, The Book of the Dead

... its all about humility :).

O Nehebkau who comes from the city:

I have not sought to make myself unduly distinguished.

-- The Negative Confessions, The Book of the Dead

... its all about humility :).

The text link was good.

What's "humility"? I recognize it as something that helps if you want other people to appreciate you but I'm pretty sure I have it backwards (as usual:-))

The text link was good.

What's "humility"? I recognize it as something that helps if you want other people to appreciate you but I'm pretty sure I have it backwards (as usual:-))

Aha. The word humble originally meant your offal, your intestines etc. (which are snake like) ... so being humble is being basic or perhaps fundamental. Most snakes crawl on their belly ... but this snake Neheb-kau has legs. When the Egyptians put legs on things it is a symbolic language for 'it moves of itself'. Compared to the energy which provides ka(s) and links them all together, Neheb-kau ... we should be humble.

So in the Negative Confession ... the judgement scene of the weighing of the heart - when judged before Neheb-kau you say " I didn't think of myself as anything special ... I didn't distinguish myself from what I fundamentally am ... I kept things in proportion."

Egyptian art is like their writing ... it has to be read to be understood.

a link to a story involving the serpent god

Shipwrecked sailor

Kannon / Quan Yin / Avalokitesvara = the goddess of comapassion

Sanjusangendo.jpg

You never know when she may show up, including in your own actions...

_/|\_

The one that's hiding inside of me somewhere - no name, no gender, can't really say much more about it...

:unsure:

I always had a leaning toward Apathia.

Apathia: the Stoic ideal was calmness in all circumstance an insensibility to pain, and absence of all exaltation at, pleasure or good fortune.

She just doesn't give a shit.

• Like 1

I worship no gods. Baha'u'llah and I have an understanding, his guardianship has been crucial to my well being.

Nice way of looking at it.

I find Shiva so sexy and want a partner like him. But off course the chances are he might never turn up as he is so darn busy meditating. :closedeyes:

I used to have a large shiva lingham in my bedroom. Then i couldnt sleep because I was already supersensitive to that type of energy.

Course the crystals i have in my bedroom beside that are large as well. I have lots of selenium to repel stagnant energy. It makes for intense dreams.

Vulcan was my father's God.

Generally, a god presents itself. I cant share my experience with a bizarre named god because after seeing sorcerers apprentice it sounds too much like a scene from that movie. Totally ruined my ability to share it. Plus it happened years before that movie came out. LOL thanks disney :lol:

I have two, being a witch. Tehuti (Thoth) and Het-hert (Hathor)/Sekhmet. Het-hert said it's time for me to learn more about her lioness side, Sekhmet, so I've been doing a bit of the Robert Masters thing--a fierce energy there.

On the other hand, the older I get, the more taoist I become, so that's a balancing thing.

I don't worship any god. I think it works as a placebo more than anything.

how would you explain the mythologies of nearly every culture? I can't think of one culture which doesn't have gods.

why would people all over the world invent gods if there weren't some inherent reality to it?

how would you explain the mythologies of nearly every culture? I can't think of one culture which doesn't have gods.

why would people all over the world invent gods if there weren't some inherent reality to it?

I simply don't pretend to. (BTW, I never said there are no gods, I simply don't worship any)

If we are allowed to speculate I would say that the Ancient Aliens Theory is just as good of an explanation as a god. Even more so that we all have seen UFO's either on TV or in Real Life, how many gods have you seen on TV or in real life?

Edited by Informer

anamatva, on 05 September 2011 - 05:08 AM, said:

Perhaps nearly every culture lacks internal security? Perhaps nearly every culture wants a scape goat to blame things on? Perhaps nearly every culture refuses to take responsibility for what they do?

The mind is a powerful tool. It is capable of imagining many impossible things. Have you never had an imaginary friend? Gods are just as easy to imagine as are friends.

I simply don't pretend to. (BTW, I never said there are no gods, I simply don't worship any)

If we are allowed to speculate I would say that the Ancient Aliens Theory is just as good of an explanation as a god. Even more so that we all have seen UFO's either on TV or in Real Life, how many gods have you seen on TV or in real life?

And I would suggest that you would probably say that you are not aware of any.

And I am not aware of any aliens either. Many swear they have seen their vehicles and have actually seen them. Many people have seen bigfoots too. I see my pegacorn whenever I want to imagine its existence. Sad thing is, when I stop imagining it goes away. I guess it just flies off to feed in greener pastures somewhere in the lower Alps of Italy.

• Like 1