Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Cultivate your inner caramel

I was just talking to a friend of mine who I'm trying to turn on to inner alchemy in general (magnetic qigong, specifically at this point). She doesn't really have a vivid personal reference about quite why qigong would be helpful, interesting, healthy, healing. She does have an over-eating disorder, though, and that's partly what we're trying to address. The phrase that we concluded upon, that sums up much of the ideal of what qigong (inner alchemy) produces and what draws her to eat is, "cultivate your inner caramel".

caramel.jpg

I think that caramel mimics the qualities of authentic healing energy of our own inner alchemy and so is very similar to what we crave in addiction (drugs, sex, food, etc).

Can you relate to any part of that? .. the alchemy? How does that relate to your alchemical practices? .. or things that you are drawn to as unhealthy substitutes?

- Trunk

• Like 1

p.s.

What other phrases have you found that anyone (non-qigongers) can relate to?

Another I've found is "center and brighten".

What phrases do you find that people don't readily relate to? Are there alternative ways of say that that are more relatable?

p.s.

What other phrases have you found that anyone (non-qigongers) can relate to?

Another I've found is "center and brighten".

What phrases do you find that people don't readily relate to? Are there alternative ways of say that that are more relatable?

Qigong is a really good buzz without negative side effects!

(that's why I do it.)

• Like 2

Qigong is a really good buzz without negative side effects!
Yea, I've been getting a pleasant buzz allover and through my body during neigong. This only just started this past week after over 2 years of meditation, though. Before that, other than the occasional sensations, I generally felt...nothing!

Overall, there seems to be a very gradual phase-shift of increasing physical porosity and viscosity and energetic density and vibration. In addition, since the last few days, I've also been able to center and condense my thoughts (mental energy) and other energy down into my belly.

Edited by vortex

I think people can relate to a discussion of cultivating clarity.

Clarity regarding how we relate to our environment, how we relate to other people, how we relate to our own internal landscape and environment. Cultivating a relationship with ourselves at a more profound level. Developing integration and between awareness and our physical and emotional existence. Maybe not concrete enough but I find that helps with most folks.

I've described my feeling during Qi Gong and sometimes sitting meditation as "sweet juices running through my body" so I can definitely relate..

During times when I neglected doing qi gong for a while, I realized that I was lacking in positive energy and so had none to give. Then I would do a qi gong set (5 treasures), and afterwards felt that I had enough positive energy to be generous with it and not have to hold onto what little life force I have left like it's my only dollar...

Your friend might be addicted to the pleasure and satisfaction of feeling full. She might find this is another way to feel full, but it's also a fullness that she can share (or am I just talking %&^*?), and that can make her feel full not just in her stomach, but her whole body, legs, arms, muscles, organs, oxygene in the cells, and full of health. This can also trigger the same response in her brain that she satisfies with unnecessary eating, so she might be able to feed that need with it.

I think one of the most difficult things that people need to overcome is an unnecessarily vast need for pleasure, regardless of where they get it from. Not being too dependent on pleasure can solve many many issues. Being able to still get positive energy without having to motivate it by quick pleasure, I think, is key to a good balance.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Sign in to follow this